I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my car insurance bill yesterday. They take Amex! So I upgraded my Amex Hilton to Ascend for 75k points for 2k spend. Offer expires 8/31, so I was going to wait until end of month but I’m halfway through MSR on CitiBiz AA card, so what the heck. Yay, more MSR.

Soooo who is booked wdw resort only thru chase ur?
My account in the app shows that wdw charged the room cost to my cc.
But I booked thru chase and they took my points. Help!

I have to ask my stupid question, is it showing the last 4 of your CC? If not it's probably the Chase TA credit card that's being charged.
If it is your CC it might just be a temporary hold like others said, or weirdness in the app that only shows the card you have linked there. Sadly I haven't used the app in a few years so I don't recall exactly how everything looks and works. But a call to the front desk should know for sure.

So...here's my thought this morning. Looking for some experienced opinions...I was waiting to do my wife's double dip until it had been 4 months since our CIP application. I'm just trying to play it safe...I am 26 months into a 4 year churning strategy so I don't want to rush anything.

However...am I just playing it too safe this time? I really would like to get these new cards, haha. Will 7 more calendar days really make a difference? I'm thinking I ought to just go for it next week. For a guy who once applied for 5 cards in 5 days...I sure sound cautious. I don't even know why I was trying to space them out by 4 months...I guess it just sounded good, lol.

Probably just depends on how time sensitive are your purchases to meet all the MSR? Will having the window moved up a week ruin the plan?

Otherwise, in my non expert opinion, I don't think it would matter. You of all people probably have the most info on Chase going in, and have your CR cleaned up appropriately. After waiting and planning this long, I can't imagine anyone looking better - other than us newbies :)

So...here's my thought this morning. Looking for some experienced opinions...I was waiting to do my wife's double dip until it had been 4 months since our CIP application. I'm just trying to play it safe...I am 26 months into a 4 year churning strategy so I don't want to rush anything.

However...am I just playing it too safe this time? I really would like to get these new cards, haha. Will 7 more calendar days really make a difference? I'm thinking I ought to just go for it next week. For a guy who once applied for 5 cards in 5 days...I sure sound cautious. I don't even know why I was trying to space them out by 4 months...I guess it just sounded good, lol.

Here are my early morning thoughts.

There are so many mixed DPs about how Chase calculates “months,” whether it’s by exact date (3 or 4 months from 4/11), from the month in which you were approved or received your bonus (3 months from April is July, so 7/1 even though that’s less than “3 months”), or best to wait until the first of the following month calculated for however long from your last approval/bonus (e.g., “3 months” would put you to 8/1). Spacing out 4 months to the day (it looks like you’re aiming for 8/11) sounds good because it’s probably the most cautious way to not be 3/3 no matter how Chase calculates your wife’s history.

I think @kmc8826 is right that it probably doesn’t matter unless your wife’s CIP statement will close in the next 7 days. We can guess from what we see with the credit line edge cases that when Chase does its hard pull, some of that information gets considered as part of its approval algorithm. In addition, didn’t you do some massive cleanup of your wife’s credit reports recently? Have you pulled them yourself, and how do they look? If you think DW’s credit profile will look better after the next statement on her card(s) closes, then wait. Otherwise, you’re probably past what most people would consider “safe.”

Good luck, my good man!

My AF for Chase Disney has posted. I want to cancel but have 9.40in rewards that I can’t cash out but don’t want to leave on the table. Lol. Will they give me the rewards when I close or should I just downgrade. If I downgrade can I do it by SM?

I would downgrade...I just did mine in June. I had to call in because they need to read you the terms and conditions. I had less left on the card but they will be used someday again. We left the DWs card as the Premier...this is the only one she ever uses.

Wow, that was fast. I ordered a Hilton gift card on 7/30 to use the offer on my SPG. I got the ship notice the next day and informed delivery shows it's coming in the mail today. When I ordered them earlier this year they took their time and used every day of their 7-10 day window. Might have hubby use it on his business trip and make it a $18 money maker in addition to the points :)
(if he doesn't decide to change from the DoubleTree, he remembered about the SPG offer for $60 on the cards and started thinking about looking for a Starwood property. Actually, we have that offer on 3 cards... now I'm thinking about it...)

Follow your original plan.

It's only a week to go and you will feel better about it long term. In your case, slow and steady wins the race. Look how far you've come! You didn't get there by being impulsive.

Follow your original plan.

It's only a week to go and you will feel better about it long term. In your case, slow and steady wins the race. Look how far you've come! You didn't get there by being impulsive.

I have to agree...I think that your profession results in caution which is not a bad thing. If there aren't pressing MSRs then stay the course-you are so close!

Better safe than sorry is my policy. I think with chase, chase can be pretty unknown at this point. u also gotta remember that years ago, it was so much easier to churn and MS, id say, u were lucky able to apply 5 cards in 5 days. Back then, i dont think they care too much.

unless u really absolutely have spendings that need to occur within the week, id say wait it out.

im been the opposite lately. Been MS as much as i can, im usually the slow churner that applies for maybe 2-3 cards a year. i havent even finished my MSR for 2 other cards, recently went and applied and approved for the Amex Biz Plat despite the 2 other MSRs thanks to @Lain help. 10k +3k +4k left of MSR to do!

The 80k points will show pending in a few days, but sadly it looks like you missed it posting with this month’s statement; you’ll have to wait until next month’s statement for the 80k points to post and become available to use.
I have no idea what we are going to do now. The award flights are just disappearing each day. We might have to pay with money instead of miles to fly.

You are at WDW right now, correct?

I would think that's how WDW would have to account for it as they would not be able to say 'pay us in UR's'. And, they ask you for a credit card when you check in so it will probably all shake out correctly.

Otherwise sitting here wishing I was there....have a great time!

My trip in January I booked straight through the portal. It just came up as room paid for. No charges on credit card for it at all. Is it on your credit card statement as pending? Or is that just through MDE?

I did last dec, I think I had a hold on my card after checking in that went away (3 night stay) this was before they started showing charges in the app bit I saw it in my chase account

Thanks all. I will watch it and hopefully it falls off. Crisis averted.

I have no idea what we are going to do now. The award flights are just disappearing each day. We might have to pay with money instead of miles to fly.

Can you book a refundable cash rate? Are your dates flexible? You can maybe try moving up the statement close date so you won’t have to wait a full month.

Soooo who is booked wdw resort only thru chase ur?
My account in the app shows that wdw charged the room cost to my cc.
But I booked thru chase and they took my points. Help!

I booked Disneyland Hotel with cash + URs. I need to check my statement to make sure I was charged correctly. We had two rooms, one with URs + Cash and one with just cash.

Can you book a refundable cash rate? Are your dates flexible? You can maybe try moving up the statement close date so you won’t have to wait a full month.
Our dates are flexible but we are really wanting to leave as close to May 12 as we can. There is a lot of economy left to book but we really wanted to book business. How do we move the statement close date up?

Our dates are flexible but we are really wanting to leave as close to May 12 as we can. There is a lot of economy left to book but we really wanted to book business. How do we move the statement close date up?

On the app you click the three dots by the bottom right of the card and it will say change due date. I haven’t done this so idk if it works. Maybe someone else can chime in that they have had success doing this. I don’t think it would work if you put the due date as tomorrow but maybe if u changed it to two weeks or something and had a balance? Idk hopefully someone can chime in.

Well, I have had success moving up a statement date. I changed the stament close date on my SOs card from August 9th to the 1st and the points just posted today. That’s only a week earlier, but maybe you can try moving it up more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter