I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for those that may have seen this article on DoC: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/are-...-green-checkmark-offers-bypassing-5-24-again/

I'd tread lightly on this one. I don't have any green checkmarks, but IF I did I would be VERY scared to pull the trigger on an application for fear of a shutdown. Applying for a Chase card when > 5/24 is risky these days :) Just a fair warning to anybody who saw that and was thinking about it...

So for those that may have seen this article on DoC: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/are-...-green-checkmark-offers-bypassing-5-24-again/

I'd tread lightly on this one. I don't have any green checkmarks, but IF I did I would be VERY scared to pull the trigger on an application for fear of a shutdown. Applying for a Chase card when > 5/24 is risky these days :) Just a fair warning to anybody who saw that and was thinking about it...
My initial reaction to that was "YES!!"- and then I remembered Chase Shutdowns. Hard pass.

Not sure if any of the other CF owners saw this and used it. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...freedom-cardholders-fuel-rewards-gold-status/
I signed up when I saw this on DoC. I do not usually get gas at Shell but I wasn't sure what would be available when I was traveling several places this year. I was able to save $0.05 per gallon on my recent trip and only had to enter my phone number as my loyalty number. I paid with my new CIC for the 2x points.

Lotta people seem to be applying at 7/24 & 8/24. Even one that said 5/12. Wonder how long before they get shut down

Not sure if any of the other CF owners saw this and used it. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-partners-shell-offer-5¢-off-per-gallon-2018-freedom-cardholders-fuel-rewards-gold-status/
I signed up when I saw this on DoC. I do not usually get gas at Shell but I wasn't sure what would be available when I was traveling several places this year. I was able to save $0.05 per gallon on my recent trip and only had to enter my phone number as my loyalty number. I paid with my new CIC for the 2x points.
I got an email last week. I signed up but haven’t used it yet. Then I got an email saying I could link a cc and not have to use an ID, just swipe.

I've been bored tonight and was playing around on award hacker. Like a lot of you I'd like to take my family to Hawaii in the next year or two, so I was just looking to see what kind of points we'd need for this trip. This is the first time that I've been on award hacker and I picked a couple of dates randomly this summer just to have dates to play with. It came back as I could fly from Atlanta to Honolulu for 25K Korean Airmiles. Now I know that I can use Delta Miles to fly Korean or I can transfer UR points to Korean. It looks like UR points transfer 1:1 to Korean so it would be 25K UR points RT per ticket. However when I pull up the same dates on Delta its 92K Skymiles. It seems too good to be true, that it would be a no brainer to use the UR points. What am I missing?

I've been bored tonight and was playing around on award hacker. Like a lot of you I'd like to take my family to Hawaii in the next year or two, so I was just looking to see what kind of points we'd need for this trip. This is the first time that I've been on award hacker and I picked a couple of dates randomly this summer just to have dates to play with. It came back as I could fly from Atlanta to Honolulu for 25K Korean Airmiles. Now I know that I can use Delta SkyPeso to fly Korean or I can transfer UR points to Korean. It looks like UR points transfer 1:1 to Korean so it would be 25K UR points RT per ticket. However when I pull up the same dates on Delta its 92K SkyPeso. It seems too good to be true, that it would be a no brainer to use the UR points. What am I missing?

Korean Air is sector based i believe. meaning from NA --> NA is a set amount of points.
im not sure how Delta is, but Delta redemption are high amounts. changed your statement a little bit for giggles. ;)

If someone could please help me out with a current travel question or two I'd really appreciate it.

Anyone know how hard it is to get 3 people into a Marriott lounge (we have SPG gold)? They are telling us that the limit is 2 people but we are paying extra for a room for 3. If we can do it with no issue, we will likely stay there and if not, we have an alternate hotel we'll probably choose (a bit less expensive, better location, and a full breakfast for all 3 of us would be included there). The Marriott is in Copenhagen, so it's pretty expensive as things go, and the food there is also pricey, so having lounge access would help out.

Anyone with experience or advice in this area?

TIA

Last edited:
Not sure if any of the other CF owners saw this and used it. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-partners-shell-offer-5¢-off-per-gallon-2018-freedom-cardholders-fuel-rewards-gold-status/

IHG status gets you some cents off too if you have that and don't keep Gold status. All levels below Platinum are 5 cents off, Platinum 6 cents off and Spire is 7 cents off. I linked on the off chance we stop at a Shell too.
I haven't been able to use it yet, so I don't know how that stacks with other cents off offers. Shells are not plentiful in my area and the ones I have are usually more than 5 cents higher than the other stations. I almost tried it out as one day I drove past one and it was about the same price as everyone else but didn't have time to stop. Couple days later when I needed gas I went out of my way to stop there and they were all out of regular... so I suspect now I know why it was nearly the same price as everyone else!

Lotta people seem to be applying at 7/24 & 8/24. Even one that said 5/12. Wonder how long before they get shut down
As long as people understand the risk vs. reward I guess it’s cool right? I wouldn’t be applying since I’m in the process of getting back under 5/24. And I know a lot of us here also continue to earn URs via Freedom, CIP, etc. beyond 5/24 - in those instances, the risk of shutdown could cause bad results. If somebody is > 5/24 and is putting no spend on chase cards at all...then maybe the risk of shutdown means little to them.

That’s my understanding. Wouldn’t break even only be $3,000 (regular Costco purchases plus travel)? Plus don’t they refund you the difference if you don’t come out ahead?

They do refund if you don't at least earn back the difference in membership costs.

We just got our new Marriott card in the mail yesterday and put a HUGE dent in the MS within 6 hours, LOL! I have 2 birthdays and some house projects coming up and I was waiting for the card to arrive to make the purchases. DH applied for this one while I was figuring out what cards I wanted (totally our personalities - he jumped and I researched and debated).

Now that we are on our way to meeting that MS, I am going to double dip CS cards tomorrow.

Question about using dischurners referral links. Do I just click and apply? Is there a certain rule about whose I click on? Sounds like there was drama recently and it went way over my head!

Thanks!

We just got our new Marriott card in the mail yesterday and put a HUGE dent in the MS within 6 hours, LOL! I have 2 birthdays and some house projects coming up and I was waiting for the card to arrive to make the purchases. DH applied for this one while I was figuring out what cards I wanted (totally our personalities - he jumped and I researched and debated).

Now that we are on our way to meeting that MS, I am going to double dip CS cards tomorrow.

Question about using dischurners referral links. Do I just click and apply? Is there a certain rule about whose I click on? Sounds like there was drama recently and it went way over my head!

Thanks!
The drama was on r/churning, not our friendly little DISchurners subreddit. You can choose any link you’d like! Just click on a link and apply on the page it sends you to.

Thanks!

Good luck with the double dip! I have always applied on weekends/evenings but some here suggest you apply during business hours so if you need to call in for approval, you have people there to answer the phones. Since tomorrow is a holiday, it might be best to wait until Tuesday. Again, I've never ran into this issue, but I do understand the logic.

As far as DISchurners, you can click the link of anyone. The drama that was being discussed was on a reddit forum and was not here at all. There are a handful of people who post both here and on that reddit forum so they were just sharing what was going on over there. This thread is drama free :)

Thanks!

No rules or drama with the DISchurners support links :) Pick one from your own criteria, but it would probably make sense to look for someone who's helped you out either here and/or other threads. I just click, make sure the page says something about my friend and then fill out the application.

There was drama on the larger, public sub-reddit for churning. And a few weeks back there was joking and pretend shunning of some folks here who admitted to forgetting to use a support link in their excitement to apply. But all in good fun and all light hearted, no one was really shunned :D

I don't know if I could be brave enough to double dip the Sapphire cards on a holiday, not knowing if the reconsideration line staff is fully available. But there's been a few reports that the approvals for both cards have to happen on the same day, not necessarily the applications. So if for some reason you don't get the first approved right away, wait on the second application until it is and then make sure you get that one approved on the same day. I don't have the nerves to do that :) Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter