I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't heard about anything for CSR and my referral link still shows 50k. Welcome back!

Actually there was an offer for 100k, but I believe it ended up being in branch only. Not sure if it is dead or not.

Thank you. I had heard about the 100k offer as well. May look into that now that I'm not meeting any spend requires at this point. I was in touch with someone from Chase before we went away so I'll probably check with them. Thanks

I'm sure someone here will know the answer to this one. I received the Marriott 100,000 card email. I just cancelled my old Marriott reward card in Feb, and I received the bonus for that one in April, 2016, so I should be good for another bonus. Looking at my card history, I am wondering if a downgrade from one AmEx (with 6% grocery rewards) to the lower everyday card with 3% grocery rewards would constitute a new card in Chase's eyes? It has a different account number but when I login I can see the old card history, so I'm hoping not, because that would put me in the 5/24 territory.

I agree with @speedyfishy about downgrading to the Ink Cash since it has no annual fee. If you downgrade (switch), its not considered closing. The CSP is a personal card, so I don't think you'd be permitted to switch over to that from the CIP. Best to apply for the CSP separately to get the sign-on bonus. Or the CSR. Or double dip CSP and CSR.
Okay that's good to know it doesn't count as closing a card. DH was worried that we would be closing cards left and right. We will definitely switch our CIPs over to CICs. We still haven't decided yet if we will get CSPs or not.

I've had a Chase checking account for a few years now. Can I just call and ask for a Disney debit? I was never given the option when I opened my account. I'd like to have for the discounts for my October trip to WDW. No point in carrying DH's Disney visa - we don't use it for any spending anymore.

I'm sure someone here will know the answer to this one. I received the Marriott 100,000 card email. I just cancelled my old Marriott reward card in Feb, and I received the bonus for that one in April, 2016, so I should be good for another bonus. Looking at my card history, I am wondering if a downgrade from one AmEx (with 6% grocery rewards) to the lower everyday card with 3% grocery rewards would constitute a new card in Chase's eyes? It has a different account number but when I login I can see the old card history, so I'm hoping not, because that would put me in the 5/24 territory.

5/24 is 5 credit card openings in 24 months. PC does not count.
as for marriott, best to apply after April 2018, so you should be good to go!

I'd like to run my situation by everyone in the group. I'm 4/24 with a CIP and my wife is 2/24 with CIP. She is an AU on my CSR but I plan on removing that soon because I was thinking the CSR CSP double dip may be good for her. Please let me know what you would do in my situation. The dates are the approval dates. Thanks!!

Me:
Chase Sapphire Reserve 8/2/17
Chase Freedom 1/3/18
Chase Freedom Unlimited 3/1/18
American Express Amex EveryDay 3/18/18
Chase Ink Business Preferred 5/6/18

DW:
Chase Southwest Plus 10/31/17
Chase Southwest Premier 10/31/17
Chase Ink Business Preferred 3/21/18
Your pace with Chase is quite fast - have you followed some of our discussion regarding potential shutdown risk? You have opened 4 Chase cards in 10 months and you are 4/6 (3 Chase) and 3/3 (2 Chase)...I’d tread lightly with them (especially if you don’t have a mortgage on your credit report). I’d hit AMEX Biz cards for the next 4 months and then maybe come back to Chase for a double dip in Sept.

Your wife definitely has some runway though :) A CSR/CSP double dip in June would probably be fine.

I've had a Chase checking account for a few years now. Can I just call and ask for a Disney debit? I was never given the option when I opened my account. I'd like to have for the discounts for my October trip to WDW. No point in carrying DH's Disney visa - we don't use it for any spending anymore.

i inquired about this once with chase. they said yeah, let them know. The only downside was that they may need to change your account number/debit card #.

Your pace with Chase is quite fast - have you followed some of our discussion regarding potential shutdown risk? You have opened 4 Chase cards in 10 months and you are 4/6 (3 Chase) and 3/3 (2 Chase)...I’d tread lightly with them (especially if you don’t have a mortgage on your credit report). I’d hit AMEX Biz cards for the next 4 months and then maybe come back to Chase for a double dip in Sept.

Your wife definitely has some runway though :) A CSR/CSP double dip in June would probably be fine.

I do have a mortgage and a heloc. I was planning on being done with Chase as I think I have what I need. Can I refer my wife for the CSR when we do her double dip?

@vanjust14 Got the date for my dh's spg biz clarified...June 24 not July 7...I had the old chat pulled up showing the july 7 date and asked why it was different. They could not give any answer for that. So, june 24th for me. Still need almost 2k!!!
Omg, good thing you checked! I'm glad you have it straightened out but having less time than you thought stinks!!

Thank you. I had heard about the 100k offer as well. May look into that now that I'm not meeting any spend requires at this point. I was in touch with someone from Chase before we went away so I'll probably check with them. Thanks

I don't think the 100k CSR in-branch offer has been going since last spring (march, iirc). But if you know someone at Chase, by all means, ask if there is any in-branch offer that is better than the 50k public offer.

Chiming in to say that it’s nice to find other people who love the Peter Pan ride as much as I do. We rope drop it at the MK and at DL. Still working on DH and the Chase cards. I think 2 in one day will take a bit longer to convince him but it sounds like the way to go.

I was in the band actually lol. After I graduated my parents and I continued going to every game on Friday nights and now my older daughter comes too. I just really enjoy following the team :)

That makes sense that you were in the band...since you are so good with numbers and all :goodvibes...I was never in band but I LOVE high school and college football for the bands. I haven't kept up with my high school team (I did go to the games when I was attending). I try to keep up with my college team, Baylor, but sad we live too far to make the games. One of the reasons I want to move back to the area. I love football :D Besides church, it's my fav thing to do on Sundays (and Thurs night and Monday night...).

Looks like you can https://disneydebit.com/faq/
Debit card number will change, account number should not.
I remember there being some sort of meet and great that was specifically for CREDIT card holders only fyi if that’s important to you, idk if they’re still doing it.

That makes sense that you were in the band...since you are so good with numbers and all :goodvibes...I was never in band but I LOVE high school and college football for the bands. I haven't kept up with my high school team (I did go to the games when I was attending). I try to keep up with my college team, Baylor, but sad we live too far to make the games. One of the reasons I want to move back to the area. I love football :D Besides church, it's my fav thing to do on Sundays (and Thurs night and Monday night...).
I was in the band in high school...well, the colorguard that perfromed with the band! We competed all over New England, I loved it. I didn't end up a football fan however, even after performing at all the games.

i inquired about this once with chase. they said yeah, let them know. The only downside was that they may need to change your account number/debit card #.

Thanks. I figured as much. I don't use that account for any auto bills or anything, so problem changing numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter