I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I am 4/24 until June and my most recent cards were SW biz and personal for the CP. I really wanted a SUB before my Japan trip in May. I saw the elevated AmEx biz gold for 125K for $10K spend and applied. I received instant approval. The monthly benefits aren't that useful to me, but the SUB makes it worth the first year AF.

ETA: can the office supply store credit be used to buy GCs?

Last edited:
I am 4/24 until June and my most recent cards were SW biz and personal for the CP. I really wanted a SUB before my Japan trip in May. I saw the elevated AmEx biz gold for 125K for $10K spend and applied. I received instant approval. The monthly benefits aren't that useful to me, but the SUB makes it worth the first year AF.

ETA: can the office supply store credit be used to buy GCs?

Yes, I buy GC from Staples online.

do US Bank Biz cards work like Chase? Not showing on personal, and with a "business"?
I will be done with this Ink spend in the blink of an eye and have property taxes due in 4 weeks.

They don't report to personal credit report. Leverage biz has 2x on top 2 categories. Property tax would probably go under schools and government. SUB on that is $900 for $7500 spend, 120 days.

Question for the experts:

I often see posts on award travel on reddit that say "I have United club passes that I can't use" and the person posting it seems to be able to give them away.

I have a significant layover at O'Hare on Sunday and apparently my dad, who has a United card, gets sent 2 lounge (I think) passes every year or something (he's not really sure, and neither am I). I'd love to be able to use one on Sunday but he says he called and waited TWO HOURS to try to talk to someone to transfer them to me but was unable to do so.

Does anyone know how to do this, or am I conflating two different things? He has had a United card for many years apparently. I don't know exactly which card it is.

I often see posts on award travel on reddit that say "I have United club passes that I can't use" and the person posting it seems to be able to give them away.

I have a significant layover at O'Hare on Sunday and apparently my dad, who has a United card, gets sent 2 lounge (I think) passes every year or something (he's not really sure, and neither am I). I'd love to be able to use one on Sunday but he says he called and waited TWO HOURS to try to talk to someone to transfer them to me but was unable to do so.

Does anyone know how to do this, or am I conflating two different things? He has had a United card for many years apparently. I don't know exactly which card it is.
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/10/united-club-digital-day-passes/

When I gave mine away to friends I just saved a PDF and emailed it to them.

A couple of years ago someone here gifted me one for a long layover I had at ORD. It was just a PDF of the pass. When I got to the club I scanned the pass, then my BP and had no issues.
ETA: It was @LynnTH, thank you again.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/10/united-club-digital-day-passes/

When I gave mine away to friends I just saved a PDF and emailed it to them.

A couple of years ago someone here gifted me one for a long layover I had at ORD. It was just a PDF of the pass. When I got to the club I scanned the pass, then my BP and had no issues.
ETA: It was @LynnTH, thank you again.
Thank you! I have passed this information to him- maybe it will help!

I think some folks were discussing Hyatt Secrets and Impressions by Secret Resorts? A spend $750 get $200 showed up on my Plat for select resorts in Jamaica, Mexico, Costa Rica, Spain, and Saint Martin. Exp. 7/14/24.
I just stayed there on points. So no money spent. But not a bad deal if people are doing excursions or charges to the room, LOL.

I made a reservation at Mother Wolf to use the $150 Dining Credit (that I hope to get with matching). I couldn't really decipher their menu - so had to to to You Tube and watch vloggers try their food and see what they had. LOL.

Am using the Caesars Dining Credit at Bacchanal Buffet. Have been there twice with this credit. Because of the cost, normally would not go there.
Yeah, the menu is impossible! The waiter suggested 2 dishes and we ordered them. I'm very picky, and they were really good. We don't know if my BF got a card while we were there. I hope he didn't so we can match another $150, LOL. We're going in 8 days...not sure it'll be fast enough for him to match to Ceasar's Diamond. He got approved Weds night. I'm hoping I can rematch to MGM Gold and Wynn while there. We'll see.

I just stayed there on points. So no money spent. But not a bad deal if people are doing excursions or charges to the room, LOL.

Yeah, the menu is impossible! The waiter suggested 2 dishes and we ordered them. I'm very picky, and they were really good. We don't know if my BF got a card while we were there. I hope he didn't so we can match another $150, LOL. We're going in 8 days...not sure it'll be fast enough for him to match to Ceasar's Diamond. He got approved Weds night. I'm hoping I can rematch to MGM Gold and Wynn while there. We'll see.
We will be there the same time... Only we get in Thursday and leave Sunday. Weather is looking pretty good.

Have you ever gotten an email from Chase congratulating you on referring a friend? I got two of them this morning. I got support points for dh and dd on my Ink this week, but I have never gotten an email before.
I also got an email from Priority Pass extending my pass till April of 2025, from a credit card that is long cancelled. How weird.
Question on the wording, does this mean I can go 8 times and bring a friend each time, or 8 visits total (if I bring a frienc each time, 4 total visits)?
8 inclusive member and accompanying guest visits per membership period (each person uses one inclusive visit).

Sharing DPs - neither Amex nor Chase code IHG Points & Cash reservations as a real IHG reservation. I have the Amex offer for $50 off $250+ IHG, and I did not receive the $50 statement credit. I also did a IHG Points & Cash reservation paid with my IHG Premier Biz card and only got 1x points and not the 10x points.

Have you ever gotten an email from Chase congratulating you on referring a friend? I got two of them this morning. I got support points for dh and dd on my Ink this week, but I have never gotten an email before.
I also got an email from Priority Pass extending my pass till April of 2025, from a credit card that is long cancelled. How weird.
Question on the wording, does this mean I can go 8 times and bring a friend each time, or 8 visits total (if I bring a frienc each time, 4 total visits)?
8 inclusive member and accompanying guest visits per membership period (each person uses one inclusive visit).

I got the support e-mail too. I think the wording means you can do 4 visits with a friend each time.

That reminds me, I had a PP DP. Was traveling with my mom and the kids, so only I had PPs. Tried to use a CSR PP plus 1 visit on a Hilton biz for the extra person, but no go. For the regular PPs, I know you can't stack multiple to get more people in, but I thought it might work for the individual visits one. No big deal, ended up putting 4 visits on the Hilton biz PP.

Just noticed the increased SUB on US Bank Biz Cards. Just applied for they US Bank Triple Cash Biz Card last month - almost done with the spend. So, of course need a new card. Trying to stay away from Chase for a bit longer in hopes of getting another INK. AMEX is hit or miss (mostly miss).

So applied for the US Bank Altitude Connect. 75,000 with $6000 spend in 180 days. Instant approval. Hate not working on a SUB...

Nice on the instant approval! I went for the card too, but had to wait 3 days. It comes with 4 PP visits that I think still includes restaurants.

We will be there the same time... Only we get in Thursday and leave Sunday. Weather is looking pretty good.
We were planning on going Sat/Sun and coming home Monday. Now my son has a hockey tournament that weekend. I figure I'll cover Sat's games, his dad can do Sunday. So we'll likely stay Sun/Monday. We have VIP tickets to the Magician's Study I am SOOOO excited! I saw him (back row) in November. The front row gets to help w/ the tricks. It's such a small intimate show, it's AWESOME!

I used my Delta Credit to book at night at Palazzo, I'm trying to book another w/ my IHG free night. Otherwise we may switch to the Westin and use the BF's 35k FNC. He used to stay there w/ Spirit all the time.

It'll be our 3rd trip this year already, LOL. I think at this point Vegas and Cancun are our second homes.

Let me just vent for a minute! I had several Chase offers for Home Depot 10% back. I placed an online order for a tub and fixtures, we are redoing our master bath, it's down to the studs. Well apparently HD doesn't process the charge until the order is shipped/picked up in store. The tub is there today finally to pick up, but the offer expired last week, a few days after I placed the order. It's only the max $54 back (I think that's what it was), but still super annoying as I timed everything to take advantage of that offer.

I will be cancelling my Aspire. I will find it hard to use the $200 resort credits every six months and the new flight credits coupons are a PITA. I can't justify the higher AF. Now if I owned a Hilton Grand Vacation Club timeshare like I almost did it would be a no brainer. Pay your maintenace fees in January get $200 credit and then pre-pay $200 of the next year's fees in December.
The flight credits are easy for me to use. Between multiple Plat credits and a couple of Aspires I have enough in there to get a flight or two out of it. The FNCs are working well for me this year (I think we ended up with 4 and already have those nights booked at resorts which will also give us the $200 resort credits.) I agree it can be a pain to line it all up, but when it works it's a pretty sweet deal. I don't do time shares, so wouldn't consider using it for that.

Let me just vent for a minute! I had several Chase offers for Home Depot 10% back. I placed an online order for a tub and fixtures, we are redoing our master bath, it's down to the studs. Well apparently HD doesn't process the charge until the order is shipped/picked up in store. The tub is there today finally to pick up, but the offer expired last week, a few days after I placed the order. It's only the max $54 back (I think that's what it was), but still super annoying as I timed everything to take advantage of that offer.
You could try messaging Chase. They can see the date of the initial charge. I had an offer expire once before an item was shipped and was able to get the credit after contacting them. It's worth a try.

I got the support e-mail too. I think the wording means you can do 4 visits with a friend each time.

That reminds me, I had a PP DP. Was traveling with my mom and the kids, so only I had PPs. Tried to use a CSR PP plus 1 visit on a Hilton biz for the extra person, but no go. For the regular PPs, I know you can't stack multiple to get more people in, but I thought it might work for the individual visits one. No big deal, ended up putting 4 visits on the Hilton biz PP.
the Hilton biz has PP? I can't find that info anywhere on card page

You could try messaging Chase. They can see the date of the initial charge. I had an offer expire once before an item was shipped and was able to get the credit after contacting them. It's worth a try.

Thank you, I did this and attached the receipt from Home Depot showing when I placed the order. I'll update when I hear back from Chase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter