• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We are heading to Orlando in Nov. We will be out late our last night so I’m looking for an afternoon flight. The best option based on time seems to be Spirit. I have never booked with them. Does anyone have any good info for Spirit? I’m guessing I will need to pay for every extra like seat selection and anything besides personal items?

They do have a credit card that doesn’t seem too bad to get 50,000pts. I can stand to burn a personal card slot since I’ve only gotten biz cards lately. Anyone have the card? Hopefully it’s easy to use Spirit points?

Got the most ridiculous IHG offer - Spend $5000 on my card get 10,000 points.

It's not even an 'up to' offer but an 'at or above 5000 points'.

the Hilton biz has PP? I can't find that info anywhere on card page

They got rid of the benefit on March 28. Any new cards wouldn't have it, but existing cards have a phase out.

"If you enrolled in Priority Pass on or before June 30, 2023, your membership will be active until June 30, 2024, and will be cancelled as of July 1, 2024

If you enrolled between July 1, 2023 and June 30 2024, your membership will be active until March 31, 2025, and will be cancelled as of April 1, 2025."

That reminds me, I should activate DH's just in case.

Sharing DPs - neither Amex nor Chase code IHG Points & Cash reservations as a real IHG reservation. I have the Amex offer for $50 off $250+ IHG, and I did not receive the $50 statement credit. I also did a IHG Points & Cash reservation paid with my IHG Premier Biz card and only got 1x points and not the 10x points.

Thank you for sharing these DPs. I've never done the points + cash but was intrigued that it might code as IHG spend; now I won't have that urge.
I did the US Travel Association Daily Getaways deal to buy IHG points and bought 200k at .005 each. I've heard this codes as an OTA, so should code as travel spend.

They got rid of the benefit on March 28. Any new cards wouldn't have it, but existing cards have a phase out.

"If you enrolled in Priority Pass on or before June 30, 2023, your membership will be active until June 30, 2024, and will be cancelled as of July 1, 2024

If you enrolled between July 1, 2023 and June 30 2024, your membership will be active until March 31, 2025, and will be cancelled as of April 1, 2025."

That reminds me, I should activate DH's just in case.
I don't see anywhere to activate it- is it on the card page? I got this card last July....

I just realized that Covid started 4 years ago, which means it is almost time to churn the CSP/CSR. I almost forgot about this, I’ll be 2/24 this summer and was thinking about applying for the Barclay AA and BOA Alaska personal cards which would put me at 4/24, but then wouldn’t be able to get the CSP/CSR and keep me under 5/24.
The URs will be more useful for us next year as the only international travel we are planning to do will be on SW and possibly AF, so won’t really been needing more AA miles next year.
Also means I need to make sure DH doesn’t open any more personal cards for the next 12 months so he can also DD the sapphire cards next summer. He’s at 5/24, but will be 2/24 when it comes time to churn the sapphire cards.

I just realized that Covid started 4 years ago, which means it is almost time to churn the CSP/CSR. I almost forgot about this, I’ll be 2/24 this summer and was thinking about applying for the Barclay AA and BOA Alaska personal cards which would put me at 4/24, but then wouldn’t be able to get the CSP/CSR and keep me under 5/24.
The URs will be more useful for us next year as the only international travel we are planning to do will be on SW and possibly AF, so won’t really been needing more AA miles next year.
Also means I need to make sure DH doesn’t open any more personal cards for the next 12 months so he can also DD the sapphire cards next summer. He’s at 5/24, but will be 2/24 when it comes time to churn the sapphire cards.

I made my list last night and I'm ready to churn my CSP as early as December 2024. I'm officially 2/24 until June, then 1/24 going forward until mid 2025.

Also, in 2019 I only received 50K UR's for my first CIU. My, how things have changed....

Thanks for this reminder. I got my CSP/CSR summer of 2021, so I need remember to save slots for those next year.

I'm doing a bit of travel thinking today and I'd love a few recommendations on Japan (considering it for our next big trip).

Anyone want to share preferred airlines and hotels booked on points? I know a lot of you have gone and I've taken notes, but thought maybe someone has a bit of advice to share here.

Working with Hilton Diamond and Hyatt Globalist here.

Thanks in advance!

I'm doing a bit of travel thinking today and I'd love a few recommendations on Japan (considering it for our next big trip).

Anyone want to share preferred airlines and hotels booked on points? I know a lot of you have gone and I've taken notes, but thought maybe someone has a bit of advice to share here.

Thanks in advance!

JAL is basically my only option for 4 in biz. Cathay releases the earliest, but costs a little more points from SFO than BA. Only 2 tends to be released at first, so it doesn't benefit me to be that early. BA releases next and that's how I booked for our next trip. AA releases last, so involves a lot of risk, but is less points and cash.

We stayed at the Andaz last time. It was upscale with a great breakfast, but in a business district (very quiet over New Year's). They don't take SUA. We're staying at the newly opened Hyatt House Shibuya next time. Was able to use a SUA into a King Suite. I'm looking forward to being in the heart of the action this time.

Before the HH opened, I was booked at the Grand Hyatt with a SUA into the Grand Executive Suite King for 4 nights out of 5. I think they only classify 1 room as that type and that is the only standard suite. We passed by it when we were in Roppongi last time. Looks convenient to transit and restaurants, but the high end shopping isn't really our thing.

Last time, we also stayed at the Conrad Osaka, which we enjoyed. Great breakfast with delicious croissants. This time we're staying at the Roku Kyoto for some R&R (it's not very convenient to most tourist attractions) using Hilton FNC and points. Then a couple nights at the Suiran using Marriott FNC and points. It's in Arashiyama, which I really loved when we went years ago.

JAL is basically my only option for 4 in biz. Cathay releases the earliest, but costs a little more points from SFO than BA. Only 2 tends to be released at first, so it doesn't benefit me to be that early. BA releases next and that's how I booked for our next trip. AA releases last, so involves a lot of risk, but is less points and cash.
Were you able to get 4 biz when BA released? I had resigned myself to needing to do 2 biz/2 premium econ each way figuring 4 at once wouldn't be doable and have one child who needs to be on a ticket with an adult so wasn't sure if last minute releases would be an option for us to upgrade.

Were you able to get 4 biz when BA released? I had resigned myself to needing to do 2 biz/2 premium econ each way figuring 4 at once wouldn't be doable and have one child who needs to be on a ticket with an adult so wasn't sure if last minute releases would be an option for us to upgrade.

Not right when the calendar opened, but several days later. I couldn't find a pattern though, so it was a lot of stalking.

Last time, we also stayed at the Conrad Osaka, which we enjoyed. Great breakfast with delicious croissants. This time we're staying at the Roku Kyoto for some R&R (it's not very convenient to most tourist attractions) using Hilton FNC and points. Then a couple nights at the Suiran using Marriott FNC and points. It's in Arashiyama, which I really loved when we went years ago.
Thanks so much. We only need 2 seats which could make it a tiny bit easier, but I've never booked to Japan and it's kind of overwhelming. Europe is so easy for me by comparison. I really appreciate your advice.

Thank you, I did this and attached the receipt from Home Depot showing when I placed the order. I'll update when I hear back from Chase!

Sigh, I sent a SM and got a reply that I will need to call. Is the possibility of getting $54 back worth the phone call? That is the question lol... I loathe those types of calls. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!
I leave in a little less than 3 weeks for my first trip, so I can report back on these plans after our trip. We are stopping in Hawaii on the way, so I didn't have enough pts to biz class to/from Tokyo. We are flying Delta Premium Select from HNL to HND and then flying back on United Premium Plus from HND to ORD. I booked about 5-6 months out, after stalking the prices for about 6 weeks.

I am Hilton Diamond and also Friends & Family, so will be staying in Hilton properties. Being low on pts, I wasn't able to do higher end properties on this trip. We are staying at the Hilton Tokyo, Hilton Nagasaki, Hilton Hiroshima, and Double Tree Naha on Okinawa. Then we will have 3 nts at Disney, 1 in Toy Story and 2 in Miracosta Harbor View.

Sigh, I sent a SM and got a reply that I will need to call. Is the possibility of getting $54 back worth the phone call? That is the question lol... I loathe those types of calls. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.
That's frustrating. Maybe the call will seem less daunting if you imagine something super exciting to spend the $54 on. 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter