I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Wait, I didn't even think of this.....What's something good to use my CSR credit on fast? My AF posted on 12/1. So I'm assuming I need to cancel by 12/31? I'm also assuming I want to do this in 2 different calls, right? Not one call to close the CSR and upgrade the CSP. Oh wait......I have my Ireland flights booked on my CSR currently. So if I cancel my CSR that cancelled the coverage, right? Maybe I just pay the AF and the CSP this year, have both and plan better next year. I think I have my cruise in Augutst on the CSR too. So I either pay the $95 on the CSP and do this next year.....or I cancel the CSP now.
If you fly SW, you can just book any flight then cancel and keep the travel funds. They post pretty quick.
I always do it with 2 different calls. I would keep your current CSR until after your Ireland trip, start booking all of your trips for next year with your current CSP, then after Ireland downgrade that CSR (they'll prorate the AF). And then upgrade your CSP to CSR.

My Ugg Ansley slippers arrived yesterday and I'm not disappointed. Now I'll save my Costco "Uggs" for taking the dogs outside.

Need to pay $17k in federal taxes by 1/15 (no current MSR). I'm thinking I might just knock out another Hilton FNC. Might be able to swing another Ink card but I'll need to cancel one and I can't tell exactly when I opened it (first charge was 1/14/23).

So I just used my Merry Go Round matching from May to book Resorts World in 2 weeks. We're going MLK weekend. I bought us Sphere tickets. I really wanted to see the Magicians Study but they sold out almost instantly. I wanna see it again, but front row. We'll have 2 nights at Resorts World, $100 dining and $100 in Freeplay. I rented us a car for like $80. We have status at Ceasar and MGM still I think, so we can park for free anywhere on the strip and Freemont. Kind upset I didn't use the offer in 2023. But good to know it worked for 2024 w/o going to get the new card in AC at Ocean.

I have the Royalton Hideaway Punta Cana reserved for 3 nights in Feb during my mid-winter break. I want to go somewhere other than Cancun that Delta flies direct to from DTW. From 12/16 to spring they fly to Punta Cana and Jamaica. But the FNC can't be used at any of the Jamaica resorts. I saw it's whale season in DR in Feb and that's been on my bucket list. So we'll see.

I go to Ireland in March. I need to get on booking the rest of that trip. I read that you could book economy and then upgrade to Biz. So I had my mom book economy....seems you can't upgrade if it's a rewards booking, you had to pay for economy they are saying. UGH. I'm trying to figure out what to do because she has a lot of avios sitting in her acct from cancelling our biz seats last year.

If you fly SW, you can just book any flight then cancel and keep the travel funds. They post pretty quick.
I always do it with 2 different calls. I would keep your current CSR until after your Ireland trip, start booking all of your trips for next year with your current CSP, then after Ireland downgrade that CSR (they'll prorate the AF). And then upgrade your CSP to CSR.

Will they prorate in April? If so, I think I'll do that! And use the $300 credit obv before then pretty easy. I never fly SW. They only have 1 direct flight from DTW, and now I have the delta bennies, LOL.

My Ugg Ansley slippers arrived yesterday and I'm not disappointed. Now I'll save my Costco "Uggs" for taking the dogs outside.

Need to pay $17k in federal taxes by 1/15 (no current MSR). I'm thinking I might just knock out another Hilton FNC. Might be able to swing another Ink card but I'll need to cancel one and I can't tell exactly when I opened it (first charge was 1/14/23).
I've found that if I look at my Inks on the Chase app I can see when they were opened. It's been really helpful in figuring out when to close them.

I've found that if I look at my Inks on the Chase app I can see when they were opened. It's been really helpful in figuring out when to close them.
I went back and found my first statement and it looks like it was opened 12/24. So I should be good to close it. Only issue is it's my only CIC so let's hope I get approved for another one because I do like to hit up Staples for Visa gift cards every now and then.

I went back and found my first statement and it looks like it was opened 12/24. So I should be good to close it. Only issue is it's my only CIC so let's hope I get approved for another one because I do like to hit up Staples for Visa gift cards every now and then.
Why close it? You can have multiple Inks. I’ve got 3 Ink Cash and a CIU and CIP.

Looking to get a non chase biz card, I have 2 inks and can close one because I've had it a year so that'll open up the cl I'll need. I'd like to put more space between though and cancel it soon and then do another ink after my next card. Plus I time it to cover most of July I'll get my car insurance and tabs which is over 1k combined which would be helpful.

Thinking alaska to replenish my miles but I'm open to other ideas as long as the spend is 6k or less.

Looking at 2025 I'm planning london/Paris in may/June but have some stranded VS I need to use. Guessing fee wise it makes most sense to use them to fly to LHR or to book DL. I'd prefer to fly non stop from here as long as it's biz or first. Air France flies out of SEA as well.

No idea where else I'll go so DL is always on the table though I have the biz gold and the others just never seem to make sense given the sub/spend/af. I won't apply until next month.

I'm 3/24 so I could do a personal but I don't think there's anything out there that good so I'd rather keep that spot for some awesome offer that pops up. The next doesn't fall off until Sept.

So I just used my Merry Go Round matching from May to book Resorts World in 2 weeks. We're going MLK weekend. I bought us Sphere tickets. I really wanted to see the Magicians Study but they sold out almost instantly. I wanna see it again, but front row. We'll have 2 nights at Resorts World, $100 dining and $100 in Freeplay. I rented us a car for like $80. We have status at Ceasar and MGM still I think, so we can park for free anywhere on the strip and Freemont. Kind upset I didn't use the offer in 2023. But good to know it worked for 2024 w/o going to get the new card in AC at Ocean.

I have the Royalton Hideaway Punta Cana reserved for 3 nights in Feb during my mid-winter break. I want to go somewhere other than Cancun that Delta flies direct to from DTW. From 12/16 to spring they fly to Punta Cana and Jamaica. But the FNC can't be used at any of the Jamaica resorts. I saw it's whale season in DR in Feb and that's been on my bucket list. So we'll see.

I go to Ireland in March. I need to get on booking the rest of that trip. I read that you could book economy and then upgrade to Biz. So I had my mom book economy....seems you can't upgrade if it's a rewards booking, you had to pay for economy they are saying. UGH. I'm trying to figure out what to do because she has a lot of avios sitting in her acct from cancelling our biz seats last year.

Will they prorate in April? If so, I think I'll do that! And use the $300 credit obv before then pretty easy. I never fly SW. They only have 1 direct flight from DTW, and now I have the delta bennies, LOL.
I don’t want to “yuck on your yum,” but we went to the Royalton Hideaway Punta Cana for my older DS’ spring break two years ago (his school has a horrible tradition where moms and kids go on senior year spring break together - horrible because moms have to witness the spring break debauchery 😂). Anyway! The resort was lovely, especially the Hideaway area. But the food was pretty terrible, and difficult to get reservations. Be very proactive with your concierge/butler in setting up dining reservations for the whole week as soon as you can. Pack snacks. Lots of snacks. DS and I ate pre-packaged sandwiches from an airport convenience store in CLT on the way home and decided it was the best meal we had all week 😂. But it really was a lovely resort, so enjoy that but adjust your expectations on the dining!

I’m sure you’ll get approved but If you have another type of ink you can pc it to a CIC

So I bought a new car this week:cool1: my last car was 12+ years ago! Anyway, I did app for an ink a couple of weeks back,and noticed my credit score showed on their paper as high 700's..... while on CK it still shows low-mid 800's...... why is that? I was a little offended lol - I don;t care bc while I financed it, I intend to pay it in full within the first month it's due. Aaaaand the dealership let me put 5k on my ink so there's that MSR done unexpectedly!

So I bought a new car this week:cool1: my last car was 12+ years ago! Anyway, I did app for an ink a couple of weeks back,and noticed my credit score showed on their paper as high 700's..... while on CK it still shows low-mid 800's...... why is that? I was a little offended lol - I don;t care bc while I financed it, I intend to pay it in full within the first month it's due. Aaaaand the dealership let me put 5k on my ink so there's that MSR done unexpectedly!
The CK score (and the Chase credit journey score) are actually a slightly different algorithm than FICO and often can show a bit higher than a real, hard pull credit bureau score. (https://www.forbes.com/advisor/credit-score/fico-vs-vantagescore-credit-scores-whats-the-difference/)

So I bought a new car this week:cool1: my last car was 12+ years ago! Anyway, I did app for an ink a couple of weeks back,and noticed my credit score showed on their paper as high 700's..... while on CK it still shows low-mid 800's...... why is that?
Because CK uses a deceptive credit scoring algorithm called VantageScore that is used by almost nobody for actually making credit decisions. Almost all actual CC decisions are based on FICO scores, either model 8 or 9. Cars and mortgages are usually done with an older model that weighs longer term debt differently. It's not uncommon for VantageScores to be wildly different from FICO and to be much more volatile on changes.

Because CK uses a deceptive credit scoring algorithm called VantageScore that is used by almost nobody for actually making credit decisions. Almost all actual CC decisions are based on FICO scores, either model 8 or 9. Cars and mortgages are usually done with an older model that weighs longer term debt differently. It's not uncommon for VantageScores to be wildly different from FICO and to be much more volatile on changes.
Oh wow thanks- I didn't know that!

We just got a new car too! What did you get? I was driving a 2005 that I’d been driving for 11 years. I absolutely love our new car. My old one didn’t even have cruise control lol

After having a semi-negative experience at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando, I think we are going to give the Orlando Conrad a try for spring break. I have 4 nights booked with points, 5th night isn't available at standard rate (fingers crossed it opens up so I can get that 5th free night), then we will move to Shades of Green for one night to take advantage of the Deluxe Resort extended evening hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter