I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having issues with credits from Chase offers.

I used the 20% off at Staples on Aug. 13. Nothing yet.

Spend over $100 on instacart on my CSR Aug. 6 and no $15 credit. What the heck. I am working on a MSR for my CIU and it’s annoying to use other cards when the offers don’t even work.
Oh nooooo so the Instacart credits aren't working? I wonder if I could SM if mine doesn't show up after a week....

We have season tickets, so we see most touring shows also. I would put it in my top 5 too, for sure! Not sure what the top 5 exactly is but it is definitely in there. Thank goodness for Apple + and all their free trials.
Can I find a free trial for apple+ more than once?

I honestly think even though this may upset people is that Amex platinum is either going to come up with a new product above platinum that has lounge access and drops it from the usual platinum And delta will drop that as a perk and make delta lounges only for the reserve card or something like that because even with the changes I don't see it slowing down. I guess we shall wait and see.

I agree about the hours I think it's staffing issues nothing to do with covid.
It actually wouldn't upset me at all...but I'm one of those who would pay for a child free lounge, lol. Overcrowding is an issue in certain markets (looking at you, ATL 👀) and I'm glad Amex is addressing it (not a popular opinion I recognize)...and not a moment too soon. DH actually tries to work in lounges (why they were created) and it's challenging right now to say the least. Limiting access and improving staffing would be huge improvements...and if it takes another $200-$300/year for fully staffed open more hours lounges I'd pay it without blinking.

We are going for it as well. It's hard to say if it's worth it or not, but we are very close at this point.

Good luck! It's nice to have-not a must have but nice to have...I'm already planning out my strategy for next year :rotfl: .

It actually wouldn't upset me at all...but I'm one of those who would pay for a child free lounge, lol. Overcrowding is an issue in certain markets (looking at you, ATL 👀) and I'm glad Amex is addressing it (not a popular opinion I recognize)...and not a moment too soon. DH actually tries to work in lounges (why they were created) and it's challenging right now to say the least. Limiting access and improving staffing would be huge improvements...and if it takes another $200-$300/year for fully staffed open more hours lounges I'd pay it without blinking.

Good luck! It's nice to have-not a must have but nice to have...I'm already planning out my strategy for next year :rotfl: .
DH and I also try to work out of lounges. This helps us stretch PTO and spend more time on vacation. Lounges are indeed getting too crowded so I agree with you.

I have a SWA flight booked with a companion but I want to change the flight. Can I change flight times without canceling the companion or do I need to cancel the companion, change the flight and then re-add the companion?

I'm going to be buying my WDW park tickets soon. I've already maxed out my Freedom 5% bonus for the quarter. What cards would you recommend using?

Is anyone else having issues with credits from Chase offers.

I used the 20% off at Staples on Aug. 13. Nothing yet.

Spend over $100 on instacart on my CSR Aug. 6 and no $15 credit. What the heck. I am working on a MSR for my CIU and it’s annoying to use other cards when the offers don’t even work.
Instacart order 8/25 and the $10 posted to my freedom already. I wasn't sure if it would because I had a $20 off targeted from PayPal. I know credits from a retailer when you use PayPal can be hit or miss, so opted for the $20 over the $10. Got both, which was a lovely surprise!

Used Staples on chase freedom, Disney, SW sometime around 8/20 and credits all posted, too. Maybe issue specific to your card? Or to CSR?

I have a SWA flight booked with a companion but I want to change the flight. Can I change flight times without canceling the companion or do I need to cancel the companion, change the flight and then re-add the companion?

You have to cancel companion, change, and rebook.

You can also call and have them do it on the phone. I've done this twice recently to take advantage of decreased prices when I didn't want to deal with the hassle of rebooking 2 companions. I have them call me back instead of waiting and then the actual call only takes 5-10 minutes.

I realized I can use my September instacart credit to send dd a birthday cake from Publix in Atlanta. Was going to send her a cake from a local bakery, but after she cracked her windshield (not her fault but costing me $500) and broke her ray bans (again not her fault and I offered to replace them), my budget is now more in line with a Publix cake using my instacart credit:)

Oh nooooo so the Instacart credits aren't working? I wonder if I could SM if mine doesn't show up after a week....
Just to add a data point here. Instacart order picked up Sunday, pending until today. Today, both the charge and the credit posted with a date of August 28.

Someone posted that the T&C say the credit should post within 2 days (I think).

Still waiting on a few Gamestop credits from a few weeks ago. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how these (or the Staples credits) post. I did these offers on a handful of cards and most have posted but not in any discernable pattern.

P2 just got instant approval using my support link to the no annual fee Hilton Amex. 100K points for $1k spend in 3 mo, comes with $100 statement credit for the first 12 months for purchases at a Hilton. I think this is the highest offer for the NAF Hilton Amex? It will come in handy when we visit DD at college since the closest property is a Hilton, and I've booked several stays there already for the school year. I'll transfer his points to my account since I'm Diamond because of the Aspire card.

I applied yesterday for the Citi Premier and got the 7-10 day message. Citi sent an email with a link to check application status, and it's still pending for me. Fingers crossed.

yeah, I think it's going to be a 1200$ card or so I remember they were rumored to release it before covid. I wouldn't be surprised if AMEX platinum was the only priority pass. I also remember those days i have Marriot and delta status and my wife disliking me being gone for 20 days a month to prove it :) Now I only travel for leisure mostly it's great.

Instacart order 8/25 and the $10 posted to my freedom already. I wasn't sure if it would because I had a $20 off targeted from PayPal. I know credits from a retailer when you use PayPal can be hit or miss, so opted for the $20 over the $10. Got both, which was a lovely surprise!

Used Staples on chase freedom, Disney, SW sometime around 8/20 and credits all posted, too. Maybe issue specific to your card? Or to CSR?
so you're saying to use all 3? challenge accepted 😁

I'm going to be buying my WDW park tickets soon. I've already maxed out my Freedom 5% bonus for the quarter. What cards would you recommend using?
It depends on what cards you have and where you'll purchase them. If you'll be purchasing from Disney, I would go the discounted giftcard route. (see the gc thread for info) If you plan to purchase from UCT, or some place similar, you could use a cc that earns well for the travel category.

Just to add a data point here. Instacart order picked up Sunday, pending until today. Today, both the charge and the credit posted with a date of August 28.

Someone posted that the T&C say the credit should post within 2 days (I think).

Still waiting on a few Gamestop credits from a few weeks ago. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how these (or the Staples credits) post. I did these offers on a handful of cards and most have posted but not in any discernable pattern.
I went to Gamestop today to get Steam GCs since they're always on my kids' wish lists. All the store had was $100 cards. No thanks. I don't like not using offers, but I might have to let this one go.

P2 just got instant approval using my support link to the no annual fee Hilton Amex. 100K points for $1k spend in 3 mo, comes with $100 statement credit for the first 12 months for purchases at a Hilton. I think this is the highest offer for the NAF Hilton Amex? It will come in handy when we visit DD at college since the closest property is a Hilton, and I've booked several stays there already for the school year. I'll transfer his points to my account since I'm Diamond because of the Aspire card.

I applied yesterday for the Citi Premier and got the 7-10 day message. Citi sent an email with a link to check application status, and it's still pending for me. Fingers crossed.

Nice! I should get that card for DH so he can downgrade his Surpass. There was an offer that included an FNC that I really wanted to get but I think both of us were constrained by 5 cc or wanting to stay at 4/24 at the time (I forget which, maybe both lol).

Thanks @IFlossU and hope all @afan for that info about the weird chase denials. I may call just to see if they can look into it, but since it's been several weeks and I'm told my case is closed I doubt it will be fruitful. At least I can feel validated though that someone got confirmation that it is Chase's issue. Still pissed about that one lady that was so rude to me though.

In other news, instant approval for Rest Amex Plat! At least I have some MSR to work on now. Good timing since both our car insurance lump payments are due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter