I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Churning fail: mother needed a SUB quick because she suddenly had some legal fees to pay on Friday. I was in the office and not thinking well and she kept calling. So I did a quick application for her for an Amex Gold and got her a CC # right away. Well.... I forgot to use my support link! Sigh, I will dream about those 10K pts...

I can't use best buy rewards on a gc correct?

Laptop pushed me over, normally I only buy gc there but needed the laptop that same day.

Does the Amex Plat Charles Schwab have support links? And does is have the $100 Saks credit?
Yes, the Schwab does have support links. @wanderlust7 maybe it's individualized? None of my other personal MR cards (gold and vanilla Plat) are showing support links, only my Schwab. And on my biz Plats I have different support link offers on the three that I'm currently holding, ranging from 10K-25K.

Yes, the Schwab does have support links. @wanderlust7 maybe it's individualized? None of my other personal MR cards (gold and vanilla Plat) are showing support links, only my Schwab. And on my biz Plats I have different support link offers on the three that I'm currently holding, ranging from 10K-25K.

I can generate a support link from my Schwab. But as far as I know, you can't support TO a Schwab. It's not one of the cards that the support link pulls up, only the regular plat.

Not sure if I misunderstood @becauseimnew 's question.

I can generate a support link from my Schwab. But as far as I know, you can't support TO a Schwab. It's not one of the cards that the support link pulls up, only the regular plat.

Not sure if I misunderstood @becauseimnew 's question.
OOOHHH, I see what you mean. I think I was the one who misunderstood.

BTW, P2's request to be matched to the newer Biz WoH offer was not honored. That just means I need to put more spend on that darn card to reach Globalist this year; I had 11 nights planned til the end of the year so that 2x elite night would've been very helpful.

OOOHHH, I see what you mean. I think I was the one who misunderstood.

BTW, P2's request to be matched to the newer Biz WoH offer was not honored. That just means I need to put more spend on that darn card to reach Globalist this year; I had 11 nights planned til the end of the year so that 2x elite night would've been very helpful.

Sorry about the match denial. DH was denied too (no surprise there). All the DPs I've seen have been negative, except for the lone one on Flyertalk.

I'm doing the spend to get to Globalist too. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it. But we're so clooose lol.

Come From Away is in my top 5 musicals ever, and that's saying a lot because DH works at the performing arts center and we basically see every show that tours. So we've seen a lot.
What four other shows make your list? We are trying to decide what to see in London in October. I've read the book that Come From Away is based on, but have not seen the live production.

I think I'll probably keep Venture X because of the other benefits, but Verizon is also offering discounts for paying via debit. I think it's $10 a line. We're trying to get our mobile bill down because it's ridiculous. Our married DS moved his to an account with his wife (she was having her's paid directly by her employer previously, so it made sense to keep him with us and pay us), but Verizon gives a "discount" for 5 or more phones lines, and this dropped us to 4 (we have 1 DS still on our plan + my apple watch). Anyway, the "savings" was less than $20 to drop a line. The chat rep said I could save $30 if we switched to debit (apple watch doesn't count as a line since it's like $10 month), which we'll probably do.

If you have a convenient Verizon store, you can pay with a credit card at the kiosk and still keep the debit/auto pay discount.
I have one next to next to our grocery store so it is easy for me to stop by.

You can also pay with Verizon gift cards and still get the $10 autopay discount as long as you pay a small portion on autopay. My Verizon bill is $124.99 a month, so I usually pay $120 with Verizon gift cards and the other $4.99 gets autopayed from my bank account.

Just be careful as there are 2 different types of Verizon gift cards. The ones sold in supermarkets and retail stores are only for Verizon wireless but the ones sold in Verizon corporate stores and on the Verizon website can also be used to pay a Verizon fios bill.

In the past, there were many problems buying gift cards from the Verizon website as they outsourced the gift cards to a third party and many times they sent them unactivated and it was a big pain to find someone who could fix it. However, they seem to have fixed the problem as I haven't gotten any unactivated ones from them in the last year.

Also, every couple months they have amex offers for Verizon - just last month they had spend $150, get $75 back and I was able to buy 2 $75 gift cards and get $75 back so it was literally like getting a $75 gift card for free. I got the offer on all 5 of my authorized user cards, so I got $75 x 5 = $375 in free Verizon gift cards!

Is anyone else sad about about the change coming to Amex Centurion
I keep hoping that they'll get this frequently listed as a reason for not renewing and will decide to continue with the guest benefit. It really is NOT competitive to discontinue guest access. All of the other premium cards allow guests. None of the other premium cards charge 695 or whatever the ridiculous fee is now.

In the past, there were many problems buying gift cards from the Verizon website as they outsourced the gift cards to a third party and many times they sent them unactivated and it was a big pain to find someone who could fix it. However, they seem to have fixed the problem as I haven't gotten any unactivated ones from them in the last year.

Glad to hear they finally fixed that! I used to buy the gift cards to use up various cc credits and not a single one came activated.

Is anyone else sad about about the change coming to Amex Centurion

The card or the lounges? I don't qualify for the card. ;) Regarding the lounges, I see both sides. They are so crowded that it's hard to get in, so not letting people bring in guests will free it up for those who are paying for the access. Then I think it would be nice to be able to bring in guests. But I value being able to get in more. My main complaint is that they are still closing super early in the day and opening later as well; the say it's because of "covid" which is a ridiculous excuse. I mention it on every AMEX chat I have, regardless of the actual reason for the chat.

I'm doing the spend to get to Globalist too. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it. But we're so clooose lol.
We are going for it as well. It's hard to say if it's worth it or not, but we are very close at this point. Not sure I'll do it again next year.

I keep hoping that they'll get this frequently listed as a reason for not renewing and will decide to continue with the guest benefit. It really is NOT competitive to discontinue guest access. All of the other premium cards allow guests. None of the other premium cards charge 695 or whatever the ridiculous fee is now.
I can’t believe I’m thinking about paying the fee again, let’s be honest it’s $700!! But I really do use all the benefits, I actually might cancel our Prime membership, with Walmart+ we can get pretty much anything. Plus I love the audible credits. I could go without the Sak’s credit but it’s a nice treat.
We live in a smaller market so we always have a layover, usually DFW, DEN or PHX and we love those Centurion lounges. We rarely use our priority pass.

I can’t believe I’m thinking about paying the fee again, let’s be honest it’s $700!! But I really do use all the benefits, I actually might cancel our Prime membership, with Walmart+ we can get pretty much anything. Plus I love the audible credits. I could go without the Sak’s credit but it’s a nice treat.
We live in a smaller market so we always have a layover, usually DFW, DEN or PHX and we love those Centurion lounges. We rarely use our priority pass.

I will. I like the DL lounge here in seattle more than the club and I fly them the most. The new centurion should open soon too which will be nice when I fly as.

I will. I like the DL lounge here in seattle more than the club and I fly them the most. The new centurion should open soon too which will be nice when I fly as.
You mean the Centurion lounge at SEA? Did it close? I've been there a couple of times in the past year. It's kind of small, but the food is good.

You mean the Centurion lounge at SEA? Did it close? I've been there a couple of times in the past year. It's kind of small, but the food is good.

It won't close until the new one opens. Supposed to be sometime this fall.

The card or the lounges? I don't qualify for the card. ;) Regarding the lounges, I see both sides. They are so crowded that it's hard to get in, so not letting people bring in guests will free it up for those who are paying for the access. Then I think it would be nice to be able to bring in guests. But I value being able to get in more. My main complaint is that they are still closing super early in the day and opening later as well; the say it's because of "covid" which is a ridiculous excuse. I mention it on every AMEX chat I have, regardless of the actual reason for the chat.

We are going for it as well. It's hard to say if it's worth it or not, but we are very close at this point. Not sure I'll do it again next year.
I honestly think even though this may upset people is that Amex platinum is either going to come up with a new product above platinum that has lounge access and drops it from the usual platinum And delta will drop that as a perk and make delta lounges only for the reserve card or something like that because even with the changes I don't see it slowing down. I guess we shall wait and see.

I agree about the hours I think it's staffing issues nothing to do with covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter