I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect the new CIC to have a $3k CL. The MSR is $7.5k so you could move the $1-2k if you wanted or move nothing and close or reduce the CIC to $3k. It really depends on how you intend to play. Will you be getting them every 3 months? Do you max out office supply so having 2 CICs is beneficial?
Although I would love to have a new card every 3 months, I am afraid to push it that much. Every 6-9 months is probably a better goal for me and I can trade off with DH. (Also I can't even max out 1 CIC so no need to have two lol.)

My immediate dilemma is how best to prepare for my next CIC app. Do I close my 3-year-old CIC first? If it's not a problem to have 3 biz cards, maybe I should just lower the CLs a bit and go ahead and app for a new one right now?

I'm an idiot! Last week I transferred money overseas using a credit card (it was a bit of an emergency situation) and it did not occur to me until tonight that it would code as a cash advance! I paid off my balance but I know fees and interest are coming. I would have paid it off immediately had I thought about it for one second. Oh well... it's only money. How much could it possibly be for 10 days on $500 dollars?

Although I would love to have a new card every 3 months, I am afraid to push it that much. Every 6-9 months is probably a better goal for me and I can trade off with DH. (Also I can't even max out 1 CIC so no need to have two lol.)

My immediate dilemma is how best to prepare for my next CIC app. Do I close my 3-year-old CIC first? If it's not a problem to have 3 biz cards, maybe I should just lower the CLs a bit and go ahead and app for a new one right now?
For me it hasn’t been an issue to have 3, I use to close or lower CLs on business cards prior to applying but lately it seems a lot of us have been getting 3k CLs on the CIC and CIU cards so it makes sense to have CLs on other business cards you can move to the new card…

I'm an idiot! Last week I transferred money overseas using a credit card (it was a bit of an emergency situation) and it did not occur to me until tonight that it would code as a cash advance! I paid off my balance but I know fees and interest are coming. I would have paid it off immediately had I thought about it for one second. Oh well... it's only money. How much could it possibly be for 10 days on $500 dollars?
I don't think it will be much at all, especially since it was only 10 days. Plus it sounds like a good use of your card, knowing that it was rather urgent. Even if there are Foreign Transaction fees.

Well replenishment is the same as it's ever been... if you're under 5/24, the INK is barely dry before new cards are in my mailbox... 🤣

Cash Out is more complex... but a ton of things. Every restaurant and grocery purchase on CSR. Buy Gift cards at grocery stores - Disney GCs when that trip comes up. Some Gift Card arbitrage when opportunities present themselves.

The new MSR (I just looked it up - when did it change?) is a bit steep on that one but we do need a new card for our biz.

I need to book a flight and have both the CSR and Amex Plat. I was planning to use the CSR because of the trip insurance but I think Amex has that as well. I also think both have travel credits? Ugh...I cannot keep the offers straight and feel like I always miss out on using the "right" card. Help!

Thanks - good to know!

Follow-up question, is there a non-chase business card (that doesn’t count against 5/24) that could get me Hyatt points? Do MRs transfer to Hyatt?

The only other way I know that you can get Hyatt points is to connect your World of Hyatt account with American Airlines, Avis or Exhale spa. This gives you one point per $1 spent on AA flights, 500 points per rental at Avis and 10x per $1 at Exhale. You can also earn or redeem on Lindblad cruises or FIND experiences when they resume.

There is no other credit card that I am aware of.

Hyatt is expanding and acquiring properties and partnerships. This may lead to other opportunities down the road a ways, but not right now.

Follow-up question, is there a non-chase business card (that doesn’t count against 5/24) that could get me Hyatt points? Do MRs transfer to Hyatt?

No, and no.

No… Chase is the only transfer partner.

Not quite.

The only other way I know that you can get Hyatt points is to connect your World of Hyatt account with American Airlines, Avis or Exhale spa. This gives you one point per $1 spent on AA flights, 500 points per rental at Avis and 10x per $1 at Exhale. You can also earn or redeem on Lindblad cruises or FIND experiences when they resume.

There is no other credit card that I am aware of.

Hyatt is expanding and acquiring properties and partnerships. This may lead to other opportunities down the road a ways, but not right now.

Not Chase, but not a business card. Currently waitlisted, unless I believe you live in one of the partner communities.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bilt...ew-earn-points-on-rent-payments-with-no-fees/

I think I just have them memorized.

Marriott-covers room taxes but not resort fees and their taxes

Hilton and Hyatt- resort fees and taxes

I don’t think any cover the parking fee but I get free parking at Hyatt as a globalist.
thanks!

I need to book a flight and have both the CSR and Amex Plat. I was planning to use the CSR because of the trip insurance but I think Amex has that as well. I also think both have travel credits? Ugh...I cannot keep the offers straight and feel like I always miss out on using the "right" card. Help!
Amex insurance only works with a round trip purchase. I book one ways especially on SW so I always choose the CSR.
If you book flights through the Chase portal, you get 5x points. Amex has a boost too. Which points do you value more? As far as travel credits, are you talking about the $300 on the CSR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter