I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid for a Password Vault app on my phone because I can't keep track. My parents just used a little notebook they kept by the computer for their passwords.

My mom does the same. It's easier, she updates it and I can look at it if I need to log into her laptop. Hers works with the printer much better than mine.

I'd gotten her set up with keepass and then her laptop got stolen when the house was broken into and she had to reset everything. Could the notebook get stolen, sure but I think it's less likely. Plus we have an alarm system now.

Closing Discover It, what happens if there's some cash back left? Should I just wait until statement close? It's only $1. I wanted to get P2's closed so he can re-app next year.

I am $40 away from hitting MSR on the CIC I was worried about. Thank you to stimulus money allowing me to pay braces in full. Without that I'd probably be stressing until the end since they wouldn't extend my date. The first card ended up being delayed 3+ weeks and arrived around the same time the second (requested) card arrived.
You can use as statement credit or deposit to your bank account anytime. Also you can hold at least 2 Discover simultaneously

totally off topic, but UGH. this is the third time they have scheduled this now...
We are looking forward to welcoming audiences back for the best of Broadway later this year. Unfortunately, the continued effects of COVID-19 on the touring Broadway industry are making it necessary for us to reschedule Hamilton. The new dates will be April 4 – May 7, 2023.
I feel so fortunate to have seen Hamilton in Toronto on February 14, 2020. It had just opened on February 11th and shut down on March 14th.

Ok guys—any recommendations for a password organizer for my parents? My dad (77) isn’t getting paper statements (has several cards) and doesn’t know how to log into his accounts. Just goes off the email saying your balance of $x is due month/day. I want to get it set up so my mom (who is much sharper now) can get into all of their accounts.
My BIL is in internet security. He recommended LastPass.

Looks like SW is moving flight times around again my flight on 5/15 was changed again....not sure what the date range is for the changes

You can use as statement credit or deposit to your bank account anytime. Also you can hold at least 2 Discover simultaneously
I saw today that you can hold two cards, but I'm fine with us switching off and only managing one. The only time I ever max out quarterlies is Warehouse and Restaurant, between 1 Freedom and 1 Disc (and whatever other bonuses pop up on other cards) I seem to be doing ok.

I cashed out all of his cashback and was ready to close the card, but he had a refund and got a $50 statement credit for referring me. I charged enough to use that up, which leaves a $1 credit when his statement closes (24th). I wasn't sure if I'd still be able to go in and get that if I close the card or if I lose it. It's $1, I'm not stressing over it lol Closing it is one less account I have to check each day since I'm a weirdo that checks each CC every day, keeps my spending in check.

I saw today that you can hold two cards, but I'm fine with us switching off and only managing one. The only time I ever max out quarterlies is Warehouse and Restaurant, between 1 Freedom and 1 Disc (and whatever other bonuses pop up on other cards) I seem to be doing ok.

I cashed out all of his cashback and was ready to close the card, but he had a refund and got a $50 statement credit for referring me. I charged enough to use that up, which leaves a $1 credit when his statement closes (24th). I wasn't sure if I'd still be able to go in and get that if I close the card or if I lose it. It's $1, I'm not stressing over it lol Closing it is one less account I have to check each day since I'm a weirdo that checks each CC every day, keeps my spending in check.
You aren’t alone....I check my cards every day as well

Ok guys—any recommendations for a password organizer for my parents?

I have used 1Password for years and recently switched to a family plan subscription. The 'vault' syncs between all of my devices. I am also able to share selected passwords with other users in my family.

Unless they've done away with the standalone version, there is an option to purchase the program or opt for the subscription. The benefit of the subscription would be that you have access to the latest updates, but you might not need it.

I paid for a Password Vault app on my phone because I can't keep track. My parents just used a little notebook they kept by the computer for their passwords.
another vote for LASTPASS...the subscription. I use it at home work phone ...my wife can use it on her computer, phone .. you can save info & notesas well as passwords....cant live without it. worth every penny.

I don't have easy access to my military kids at this exact moment so for those that might know...

Does MWR (is it ITTR or something for Army?) sell discounted tickets to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, etc? I did see the military discount for annual pass on the CW website, but that wouldn't work and is more than we need.

And, the Smithsonian's in DC are all closed, correct? Is there any word on them opening? We love Air & Space and Natural History. My littles were babies when we there.

I'm planning a somewhat last minute trip up to visit my daughter in late June and hoping things are open along the way. I'm planning both driving and flying, while I await my son's actual confirmed return and then we'll decide which way we want to go. Leaning toward driving since we'll need a car and while I haven't checked rentals I assume they'll be $$.

I have used 1Password for years and recently switched to a family plan subscription. The 'vault' syncs between all of my devices. I am also able to share selected passwords with other users in my family.

Unless they've done away with the standalone version, there is an option to purchase the program or opt for the subscription. The benefit of the subscription would be that you have access to the latest updates, but you might not need it.
We have done 1Password for a few years now and love it. We have the family plan, too, and do the subscription. The sharing feature is great for things like streaming services. There is a learning curve, especially with using existing passwords for apps and getting old passwords in there, but google has been my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter