I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a substantial drop, but 850 IS AN EXCELLENT SCORE! Congratulations!

It's probably because of the numerous cards and corresponding payments on time. I make sure to put something small on most of my cards monthly and it was also almost 2 years since my last card.

Since I started playing with credit card rewards (a long time ago) my score has been over 800. But, it always drops with a new card or a large balance. For instance when I put 5K on each of 2 cards to cover my HVAC last November, all 3 credit bureaus dropped me a few points. Equifax, who Chase pulled my credit from, dropped the most.

My point I guess is that credit pulls and large balances will drop your numbers. Paying down and paying off will increase it. Not paying will eventually ruin it.

Does anyone have a recommendation on decent headphones that don't cost a fortune? I typically don't use headphones with my phone (iphone), but would like to during flights. I hate to spend a lot of money on something I'll use a few times a year though. They don't have a to have superior sound quality or anything, just looking for some that are easy to use and work with iphones.

Suggestions?

Does anyone have a recommendation on decent headphones that don't cost a fortune? I typically don't use headphones with my phone (iphone), but would like to during flights. I hate to spend a lot of money on something I'll use a few times a year though. They don't have a to have superior sound quality or anything, just looking for some that are easy to use and work with iphones.

Suggestions?
What about buds? I have two pairs of wireless buds I like.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07S167H21?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_titleThe other ones are no longer available but I think this is the “newer” model-

https://www.amazon.com/iTeknic-Blue...NFTZ/ref=dp_prsubs_1?pd_rd_i=B07NRFNFTZ&psc=1

Last edited:
When we arrived in Maui last week we waited in the hertz/thrifty/dollar line for about 30 minutes. All agents were helping guests regardless of brand. Agent does the usual paperwork, etc and sends us to the lot to pick any minivan in Hertz aisle 6. Our ressie was with Thrifty, so they are definitely using cars interchangeably. Get to the lot and there’s about 20 families there, just waiting. No cars. As fast as they could clean cars, they were bringing them out and then an agent in the parking lot would call out for the family it “belonged” to. So, I DO think multiple ressies will help if they are in different car classes. If it’s the same class with sister car companies, then I don’t think it will help. Even with the wait, we were out in another 30 minutes. They offered us an Escalade that had been sit there the whole time, eventually.

I have a AAA Hertz reservation for 2:30 (original flight arrived 2ish) and a Costco reservation with Budget at 3:30. We land at 3:20. I'm worried I will be considered a "no show" with Hertz. The Budget reservation is $150 more expensive, but at this point I just want a car!

Oh and in the car rental world......I did the "skip the line" for Alamo in ATL. We landed at 8:30pm. There were about 10 people in the line. I walked right to the lot and they told me to take anything I wanted in the "mid-range" SUV area. There was a Jeep Grand Cherokee (which is what I have) and I raced to it. Nothing like spending the week in my own car!
I think I'll have DH get the luggage, and I'll head straight to the line.

Rental car prices are really out of control! I am looking at a long weekend away to celebrate my vaccination and a rental car would cost twice as much as the flight. I'm thinking of changing the trip from the beach (my first thought) to a city, where I won't need a car as much.

Rental car prices are really out of control! I am looking at a long weekend away to celebrate my vaccination and a rental car would cost twice as much as the flight. I'm thinking of changing the trip from the beach (my first thought) to a city, where I won't need a car as much.
I'm looking at $475 for an intermediate for a week in June in Grand Rapids. That's down $40 from a few days ago. I'm keeping my eye on prices. Can't figure out if I should fly swa into GRR (out of DCA) and rent a car for a week or fly into Traverse City out of Richmond and have my parents pick us up. But the flights to TVC are out of control too (almost twice what we paid last year).

I'm not liking that hotels are now raising points (IHG), rental cars are through the roof, etc. Normally in the summer I plan my trips to NC on a whim. I use my AA miles. Now I feel like the added cost on rental cars and hotel points means no trip to NC beach for me.
My kids would like to go this summer too. Last summer I was able to score us really cheap flights into RDU. This year it's close to $300. They did just get Spring Break in Daytona. But I feel like this summer will be the reverse for us. Last summer we traveled a bunch since it was so cheap. I feel this summer we'll be lucky to travel because it's going to cost too much!

I know the travel industry has to recoup the losses they've had. But I hope this isn't going to be the "new normal" for travel. I worry they'll see people are so desperate travel they'll pay any price, and think they can keep prices that crazy high. I think most people have their 2020 travel budget and their 2021 budget, plus lots of stimulus money. They NEED to get away and cost is not a factor.

I'm looking at $475 for an intermediate for a week in June in Grand Rapids. That's down $40 from a few days ago. I'm keeping my eye on prices. Can't figure out if I should fly swa into GRR (out of DCA) and rent a car for a week or fly into Traverse City out of Richmond and have my parents pick us up. But the flights to TVC are out of control too (almost twice what we paid last year).

I'm assuming you're trying to avoid flying into DTW......

Grand Rapids was on my list of places to go. It's a gorgeous little town and I have not been there for nigh on 2 decades (I'm old). However, the Covid cases going through the roof in Michigan is very worrying so, I crossed it off my list.

Somehow Delta from RIC to DTW is $369 but to TVC connecting in DTW is only an extra $20. So to add the car on would make that super expensive. I just should book the tickets to TVC and accept that it's more expensive.
But if you don't have to book a car, you might be ahead of the game.

How many times were you able to play today? I was only able to play twice even though four of the tasks were checked.
I think you only get 2 a day after the first day, one automatically and one for Today's Fact. I did all the tasks, Twitter, etc the first day. Strangely, I have 14 entries in one account, 15 in the other despite doing all the same things.

Okay delta experts, if I go for a Delta Platinum card (probably the business one) but buy basic economy seats, I know my seat selection is at check in but would I get priority boarding? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a delta amex card (I have one charge card slot left currently).

I couldn't even justify the Plat AF as it is now, if the pop up ever goes away, the Plat will not be a possibility for me at that new fee.
The updated benefits are terrible. My next fee will post 12/31/2021... I was thinking about keeping it, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it.

• $300 equinox credit won’t use, not in my area
  • $240 entertainment credit, $20 monthly usable (magazine/news subscriptions, video streaming services and audio/music streaming services)
  • $200 credit for prepaid hotel bookings might use, but usually have enough points to cover hotel stays. Not a real benefit for me.
  • Annual CLEAR membership will replace TSA Precheck, but Global Entry seems like it’ll stay again - won’t use, we are good for another 2 years.
  • $100 temp Resy credit how does one ever use this benefit, why not just do dining credits?

I'm thinking about doing a segway tour of Naples with the kids. Can use UR points. Anyone done a segway tour and would teens enjoy it?

Okay delta experts, if I go for a Delta Platinum card (probably the business one) but buy basic economy seats, I know my seat selection is at check in but would I get priority boarding? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a delta amex card (I have one charge card slot left currently).

No idea about the boarding, never done be because my seats too important on a red eye and/or long flight but the dl cards are credit not charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter