I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't see inflation slowing much over the next year. Maybe I'm a pessimist. Thank goodness I bought DS' car in January. According to Carvana, they would buy it from me for about 25% more than what I paid. And I'm sure dd's civic is worth more than what I paid a little over two years ago. On the other side of this, my ex desperately needs a new car (his Acura has 250k miles and has big issues and he mainly works remotely but just took a job two hours away) and there really is very little new to buy. Seriously, we live in the weirdest world right now.

I wish I had gotten a new car during the beginning of COVID. There were good deals.
I am in the going to need a car situation starting summer. DD heads to college in the fall and is going to be commuting. She will get my car once she graduates in June. I’m really not looking forward to paying sticker price for a new SUV but don’t see much changing by then.

One of my cards and many of DH's have the 10% Target offer--looks like I'll get much closer to having enough DGCs to pay off our DVC dues!

BTW, Amazon's deal today is discounts on toys. FYI if you still need to buy some presents!
I have this Target offer on some of my Chase cards too….
Does anyone know if it would work purchasing a e-Disney GC online ?

I wish I had gotten a new car during the beginning of COVID. There were good deals.
I am in the going to need a car situation starting summer. DD heads to college in the fall and is going to be commuting. She will get my car once she graduates in June. I’m really not looking forward to paying sticker price for a new SUV but don’t see much changing by then.
I know what you mean. I wish I did too. My son has my car with him at college right now. He is either going to need to buy a new one when he graduates in May or I go without until I find one and let him keep using mine.

I would input your information on Carvana. They'll send you an immediate quote. If you like it, you set up a time and they'll come peek at it. They really do honor their quotes, so that step is just a formality. Then you schedule a pickup and they scoop it from you while delivering a check. It's a really great process that puts you in the driver's seat.

My son was in the same position as you. The selling price was higher than what he paid for it years ago. He did end up selling and buying a bit of a junker until he's ready for something more permanent.

I just did. They undercut the trade in price by almost $4500, lower than KBB, claiming their offer was higher than KBB.

But that's how the car world works so, off to check out other options. Since I'm not desperate to sell, I have all the options and time I need. I obviously don't expect to get top private party $$ from a company, but will still keep my eyes open for opportunities.

I bought low, because the dealership I bought from was ready to let the car go. It was before covid and sometimes they have reasons for making a sale happen.

I thought I found what I could spend all of these Saks credits on but alas I think an XXL will fall off of Puggles.View attachment 629578

Probably, but sometimes you can't go by dog sizes. Check measurements if they give any. I ordered a small vest for my 20 pound dog and ended up needing a large from that brand. Large makes me think 50-60 pound dog.

So the baby adventures continue. We drove to Cologne yesterday. Originally had a 2 bedroom AirBnB booked but SIL opted to have a dad free night so DD and I went with baby. Found a hotel on Chase portal steps away from the cathedral for 8000 points! City class Hotel Europa Am Dom. Did the Christmas train which stops at 4 different markets in the city. So visited the Cathedral market last night and 3 others today. It’s crazy how the Covid rules are different depending in what state of Germany you’re in.

Attachments

• 57AA13C8-9088-4FFD-B26B-F49CF5D7FCA7.jpeg
    57AA13C8-9088-4FFD-B26B-F49CF5D7FCA7.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 28
  • BB96E6DB-5029-4ABB-BDAE-3DD9E81F6FE8.jpeg
    BB96E6DB-5029-4ABB-BDAE-3DD9E81F6FE8.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 68C7A57C-A439-4775-B704-3E9F686ECEDD.jpeg
    68C7A57C-A439-4775-B704-3E9F686ECEDD.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 1D996393-B287-4F5B-A423-34B9C002F2BB.jpeg
    1D996393-B287-4F5B-A423-34B9C002F2BB.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 9E9E7075-541E-4B5B-B41E-3C23CD9A5AA4.jpeg
    9E9E7075-541E-4B5B-B41E-3C23CD9A5AA4.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 9F8A7688-7BE0-4449-B938-A264C9077D28.jpeg
    9F8A7688-7BE0-4449-B938-A264C9077D28.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 27
We lucked out though it didn’t seem like it at the time. DS’s car died in July 2019 so we scrambled to buy me a new one and give him my old one. He had a part time job while at school and needEd something. He is still driving it now that he graduated. it sucked at the time, but got a great end of season deal with 0% interest and I put a large down payment on 3 CCs! DH keeps saying it was lucky now as the car market is bad.

I see my Delta flights are now 1000 miles lower. So for 2 people return trip a total of 4K. Is there an easy way to change to get this reduced price or do I need to cancel and rebook?
You have to cancel and rebook.
Update: just to see what would happen before I went the way of cancelling, I clicked the red Modify button next to my flights. It was very similar to SW except it didn’t have the difference between old and new flights. It just showed new flight prices. I was able to pick the same flight I had and refunded 1000 miles. If you skip the select seats on the new flight, it even kept my old seat assignment. Much easier than I had expected. Might be new since they changed during the pandemic

Update: just to see what would happen before I went the way of cancelling, I clicked the red Modify button next to my flights. It was very similar to SW except it didn’t have the difference between old and new flights. It just showed new flight prices. I was able to pick the same flight I had and refunded 1000 miles. If you skip the select seats on the new flight, it even kept my old seat assignment. Much easier than I had expected. Might be new since they changed during the pandemic
wow good to know!!! I have always just cancelled and rebooked.

Question about CC associated with a WDW reservation. We just returned from a quick (and inexpensive) trip. The CC I used to reserve the room (1 night deposit since it was room only) was my CSP. But in between reservation and going, I had a new CC (Chase Aer Lingus) and wanted to pay the balance and all other stuff to that. Long story short, I updated my profile on MDE to the new card and while my G+ and ILL charges went to that, the room charges (plus food/drink purchases) went to the original CC.

This is no big deal because I met my min spend anyway (thanks home repairs!), but I want to make sure I do this right for 3 room packages in Feb. I made those reservations with CSP a few months ago, but will be grabbing a new card for this much larger outlay/MSR. Do I need to call Disney? Or is there some other means to do this online?

edit: it just dawned on me the packages need to be paid in advance in full, so I can probably just plug in whatever card I need to use. I'd still like to know how to get all the incidentals (which will be large with 6 adults) on the card I prefer. Perhaps just stopping at the front desk on arrival?

My dishwasher just died (water all over my kitchen floor) and most of the consumer reports recommended dishwashers are out of stock or back ordered. The ones still available are really expensive. I'm seriously considering not replacing it until the supply issues are resolved.
.....and..... I was ignoring all the dishwasher talk....:rolleyes1 and then my DH informed me this morning that our junky dishwasher has finally died for good. Soooooo I'm discovering what ya'll said is true- it's tough to find a decent model in stock!

I personally don't see inflation slowing much over the next year. Maybe I'm a pessimist. Thank goodness I bought DS' car in January. According to Carvana, they would buy it from me for about 25% more than what I paid. And I'm sure dd's civic is worth more than what I paid a little over two years ago. On the other side of this, my ex desperately needs a new car (his Acura has 250k miles and has big issues and he mainly works remotely but just took a job two hours away) and there really is very little new to buy. Seriously, we live in the weirdest world right now.

It is super weird. I got a new car in the summer and paid sticker price (never did that before). DD bought our old car off us for the low end on the trade in value (basically the mom discount), for $12K. Unfortunately, she was in an accident and the car was totaled. Not her fault, and the other insurance company gave her a check for $22K for it. :faint: But finding a similar used car has not been a fun process.

If you know you're going to pay sticker, if figure out what you want and then find out how long it takes when you order one and then you can get what you want. I didn't want to have to settle for more features or a different color and end up paying more by waiting. Ordering with ford was easy and they only required a 1k deposit. Not that you will be, but you can still do a trade in and finance just like buying off the lot.

It's not something most of us think about since inventory hasn't been an issue so a dealership can generally find what you're looking for somewhere and transfer it over.

It is super weird. I got a new car in the summer and paid sticker price (never did that before). DD bought our old car off us for the low end on the trade in value (basically the mom discount), for $12K. Unfortunately, she was in an accident and the car was totaled. Not her fault, and the other insurance company gave her a check for $22K for it. :faint: But finding a similar used car has not been a fun process.
Ugh.

And this will ripple to our insurance rates (since like you point out if you do total a car right now the insurance company has to cut a much bigger check) and if you have personal property tax like I do our personal property tax bills. VA has a huge reduction once your vehicle is under $20k in retail value. I bet next year both dd and ds's will be over. Thankfully mine is way under.

I have a Carnival Cruise offer on several Chase cards, $35 off $100… does anyone know if it will work on any carnival purchases? I need to pay for excursions.

Found it on 2 of our cards. Thanks!

The terms just say Carnival purchase and not specific to reservations like the Amex one. I would think it works, but I haven't tried it. When I paid for a Carnival excursion before, the charge came through as "Carnival Shore Excursions". Hopefully someone has a DP for you.

I know a few of you have middle school age boys. What’s everyone getting them for Christmas? My 13 year old DS is so hard to buy for, I need ideas. Thanks!
Right there with you. Fortunately DS said he just wants money, and he means it. So that will be his biggest gift. Small things I’ve gotten are Rubix cube, customized Yeti cup with his name on it (both of my kids oddly love Yeti cups), and a new watch. I put his favorite candy in his stocking. Last year I got him a fancy Xbox controller and $100 Xbox gift card. Not a lot of help, but I can definitely sympathize.

Found it on 2 of our cards. Thanks!

The terms just say Carnival purchase and not specific to reservations like the Amex one. I would think it works, but I haven't tried it. When I paid for a Carnival excursion before, the charge came through as "Carnival Shore Excursions". Hopefully someone has a DP for you.
We have it on several cards. I’m going to give it a few weeks before I use it and hopefully there will be some DPs. I wonder if buying GCs from their site would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter