I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another update on my Chase Aeroplan. After the CSR put me though to fraud verification I waited on hold for 2 hours before I HUCA. For the second call I dialed the number on the back of my Sapphire Reserve and explained what happened and that I couldn't wait on hold for 2 hours. The CSR put me through to someone who, after 8-10 mins, verified me. I immediately received an e-mail that my application is under review and I would have an answer in 30 days. Called auto line and it says a decision will be made in 14 days. Hopefully this means I am approved. At least the card is being reviewed now (versus denial).

With this being said, can I apply for the Cap1 X? The Aeroplan card puts me at 5/24 -- I'm guessing that is firm and it's a no for the Cap1 X, but wanted to check here to be certain.

5/24 is only a Chase thing, so you could apply for the Venture X. It would then make you 6/24, so you'd have to wait for 2 cards to drop off before you can apply for another Chase card.

I'm not sure if the recent pull will affect your approval odds. Cap1 is a bit unpredictable.

5/24 is only a Chase thing, so you could apply for the Venture X. It would then make you 6/24, so you'd have to wait for 2 cards to drop off before you can apply for another Chase card.

I'm not sure if the recent pull will affect your approval odds. Cap1 is a bit unpredictable.
The pull was on Sunday. How long should I wait to be safe? Dd's tuition is due on January 10th and that will be the bulk of my MSR (I can't make a $10k MSR otherwise). I'd need the card by January 7th at the latest, to be safe.

The pull was on Sunday. How long should I wait to be safe? Dd's tuition is due on January 10th and that will be the bulk of my MSR (I can't make a $10k MSR otherwise). I'd need the card by January 7th at the latest, to be safe.

I don't think anybody knows. DPs are all over the place. It's not like Chase where you can say do x, y, z and you'll probably get approved. Approvals on the X seem better though. Don't think I've seen any denial DPs here (though plenty on r/churning).

We’ve actually gone to 5 Christmas markets, most were small local ones. Heidelberg is the furthest we ventured, and that one was shut down early because of the Covid restrictions. 🥲 All of the markets in Bavaria have closed. Still, we are going there Dec 28-Jan 1st and staying at Edelweiss lodge in Garmisch. It’s military owned and has a ski lodge, spa, evening sleigh rides, and tours from the hotel. We’re going to the Neuschwanstein Castle (the Disney castle). Was last there 26 years ago when DD was an infant! Now she’s taking her infant! 🥰

Wow!! 10 pounds 10 ounces! That's a lot of baby! Congratulations to your daughter!
Nice to be making new memories!

We're planning to use PYB for our dining on our WDW trip next month & I'm curious if anyone has experience on how places like the Main Street Confectionary & the Caramel Shop in Germany code for Chase? Retail? Dining? We're staying at the BCV, so I'm also curious about the BC Marketplace since it's a hybrid store/ restaurant. We usually order in person because of allergies, does the restaurant side of the marketplace allow you to pay for regular merchandise? I'm just wondering if we can use PYB for some souvenirs & save our DGC stash for our trip next summer.

I assume mobile ordering & stand alone restaurants all code as dining?

I went back and looked at my statement for October 21. Every restaurant or dining location coded for us as food & drink, including everywhere in World Showcase. We used mobile order a lot as well, and that coded the same.

Reaching out for some last minute help for hotel suggestions for Paris for 2 nights Dec 20-22. We had an AirB&B booked for 5 of us, and we were driving from Germany but DD and DSIL can’t go since new baby won’t have passport, so it will be DS flying into Charles de Gaulle from Orlando, and I”ll be taking the train from Germany into Paris Gar de l’Est. I have UR points as well as Capital One miles. Main purpose of the trip is DLP for 1 day (21st). Would love any tips too! Been to Paris once but it was 11 years ago!

My go-to is the Park Hyatt PV. We stayed there a few years ago and decided at the last minute to spend an afternoon in DLP and we bought our park passes at the hotel and then walked to the train station which took us straight to DTD and the 2 park entrances. If you want to spend some time in Paris, it's not that long of a train ride. Hyatt also has other hotels in Paris that require fewer points, but the PHPV is really nice. And congratulations!!!

My go-to is the Park Hyatt PV. We stayed there a few years ago and decided at the last minute to spend an afternoon in DLP and we bought our park passes at the hotel and then walked to the train station which took us straight to DTD and the 2 park entrances. If you want to spend some time in Paris, it's not that long of a train ride. Hyatt also has other hotels in Paris that require fewer points, but the PHPV is really nice. And congratulations!!!
Thanks! I had a look at that hotel and it’s gorgeous! If we were visiting the Louvre and doing more sightseeing, it would be a perfect location! DS is fine staying anywhere-he’s a grad student still living the poor college student life so as long as there’s a bed or couch, he’s good! I’m able to get the Val de’Europe for 10,000 points per night on the Chase UR site. I’m going to continue looking. Seems to be plenty of available hotels for those dates.

Wow!! 10 pounds 10 ounces! That's a lot of baby! Congratulations to your daughter!
Nice to be making new memories!
Yes, we were all shocked at the size. She was 11 days past her due date and they had to induce her. She even worked at the hospital she delivered at well past her due date, although the last week she had to pass on the 12 hour nursing shifts and cut back to 4 hours! An hour after the baby was born she was up and ready to go home. They kept the baby 2 days because of the size and only one person could be at the hospital with her. One of her best friends was her nurse when she delivered so that was really nice. So she was in the hospital for 4 days, 2 before baby and 2 after. That was hard for me waiting to meet him but I got lots of pictures!

Attachments

• D4885A9F-60C9-4F0B-A37B-8DBCFC2D2668.jpeg
    D4885A9F-60C9-4F0B-A37B-8DBCFC2D2668.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 5D6101A0-5EA8-43B1-99D0-BDB42924C550.jpeg
    5D6101A0-5EA8-43B1-99D0-BDB42924C550.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 66
  • F5570C46-714E-47D7-9849-557A6DBAD9B9.jpeg
    F5570C46-714E-47D7-9849-557A6DBAD9B9.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 64
Unfortunately you can't use the vouchers for EBCI. Also I recall only 3 forms of payment so you'll probably have to book them separately in some fashion. 2 vouchers + CSR and then 1 voucher + CSR ?
Well, can’t even use the vouchers to pay for taxes and fees ($40 for Hawaii), so I’ll use the $750 to pay for most of the tickets.

I've had my Kia Niro hybrid since 2019. Checked KBB and it's running well over what I paid for it.

I put 5K on a credit card when I got it for points.

Anyway, I have a van and a Jeep also.

The Niro was the Launch touring model in 2017. It has 22K miles on it. Excellent condition. Maintained by the dealer. Still has some warranty til mid 2022.

I'm really tempted to sell it and drive one of the others for a bit, maybe until fall 2022 until I find something else I want. I like the hybrid option and may not be ready for an EV yet. Whatever I buy won't be straight gas or diesel. I will probably buy something in fall 2022, whether I sell this or not. And, I'll buy larger and eliminate the van and the Jeep I already own.

Any thoughts on where car values are going in the next year? Should I keep my unicorn? Push out my next purchase to 2023 or later?

Right now I rotate through my vehicles but use the Niro for the road, with the van used for beach trips mostly in summer.

I've got too many cars for a almost 69 year old. Need to let go of a couple or more.

To my fellow DVC owners - at what point do you pull the plug on a waitlist? I have two waitlists going for next month and I just don't see them happening. I would need at least a little time to plan a trip... plus you still need park reservations. Just not sure what to do.

To my fellow DVC owners - at what point do you pull the plug on a waitlist? I have two waitlists going for next month and I just don't see them happening. I would need at least a little time to plan a trip... plus you still need park reservations. Just not sure what to do.
Ugh that’s frustrating….are you able to check the website multiple times a day…I’ve had luck grabbing a room that way….
Never been in your situation…I’d probably pull the plug at least 31 days before in case it came through and I couldn’t get airfare/ park reservations

I've had my Kia Niro hybrid since 2019. Checked KBB and it's running well over what I paid for it.

I put 5K on a credit card when I got it for points.

Anyway, I have a van and a Jeep also.

The Niro was the Launch touring model in 2017. It has 22K miles on it. Excellent condition. Maintained by the dealer. Still has some warranty til mid 2022.

I'm really tempted to sell it and drive one of the others for a bit, maybe until fall 2022 until I find something else I want. I like the hybrid option and may not be ready for an EV yet. Whatever I buy won't be straight gas or diesel. I will probably buy something in fall 2022, whether I sell this or not. And, I'll buy larger and eliminate the van and the Jeep I already own.

Any thoughts on where car values are going in the next year? Should I keep my unicorn? Push out my next purchase to 2023 or later?

Right now I rotate through my vehicles but use the Niro for the road, with the van used for beach trips mostly in summer.

I've got too many cars for a almost 69 year old. Need to let go of a couple or more.
I sold my 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid in May with 49K for 60% over what it was worth a few months before. I used the car to upgrade my ride and this will be our FL "commuter"...cushy, loaded and lucky timing on our part.

Personally, I think it is a terrific opportunity with a short window to actually make a profit on a car! Good luck!

Applied for a SW card - waited until the very last minute for the 100,000 bonus. My payment due date is February 1st. Does that mean I’m ok to go ahead and spend over $2,000? Or do I still need to wait until the beginning of the year to make sure I don’t get part of the bonus this year?

With Cap1 there is no "safe" so there is no reason to wait. We have not found a rhyme nor reason for their approvals and denials, I recall stats from two people a couple years back that were identical and one was approved and one wasn't. It's like they just programmed their computer to "randomly approve and deny". Take your shot, use a support link in case you get lucky and don't hold your breath on getting the card.

I was denied Cap1 X last week (but was successful in getting the Citi Premier so yay there). Got the Cap1 denial letter in the mail same day Cap1 solicited me with another letter to check for pre-approved Cap1 cards *eye roll*

I am stalking. First I was trying to get Disney for a week, doing a day at a time and waitlisting and split stay. I got Saratoga for 5 or 6 days then dumped it in favor of BLT and AKV Jambo, then dumped that in favor of a one bedroom at HH for 5 nights. So, I'm all over the place.

I can do a 2 bedroom Marriott at Hilton Head also, so maybe I should save my points and go to Disney in Feb or May.

But, I was putting in 1 night wait lists and getting the nights by just looking every day, maybe once a day or so. No wait list worked. I'm thinking if they can't manage the phones, a waitlist is probably a long shot also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter