I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ours has the stainless tub, and it is VERY stained, and I have no idea why. It will not come clean.

I would guess it's because the stainless metal reacted with some metal object - be it pot, pan or utensil that was washed. It may say stainless but that's really a 'sort' of.

Silver and aluminum are two that will react. These can also affect other metals on your pots and utensils.

Last edited:
I'm coming back to report on my question. I reached out to Twitter Hyatt Concierge, and @wanderlust7 is right - if I cancel within 7 days of arrival, I will be assessed a $CASH$ penalty equal to two nights (based on an average current daily rate for my room type) but I would get my points back. It's definitely something to be aware of when using points for these really expensive redemptions, where the cancelation deadline is more than the usual 24-48 hours prior to arrival.
I just got off the phone with "The Lodge at Spruce Peak" in Stowe, VT, which is a Hyatt property. I booked 3 nights in February for 180,000 points. cash value was over $8,000 (we are a family of 5, so needed a suite). I wanted to double check their cancellation policy after reading this. Same deal, only it's 30 days notice. I can cancel and get back my 180,000 points up until 30 days before. But if it's after the 30 day mark I'll be charged over $4,000 CASH!!!! yikes. It makes me so nervous. I'm in MA, so I'm thinking worse case scenario if we have to cancel for some reason. I'll just drive the 4 or 5 hours up and check in then leave? Would that work? If it comes to it, I can handle losing the points, but not $4,000.

I don't have/use marriott points but would you get more than 150 in value from the 45k points?

Or would the 150 be more helpful at the moment?
Good way to put it. I haven't used any marriott points yet myself, I just have the sign up bonus from this card. I'm hoping to eventually use them for swan/dolpin. So I think I'll go with the points.

I have 2 expiring FNC with Hyatt. I could use them, but I'd rather push my dates out.

Tried calling. No go. The person suggested emailing. So I emailed. No go.

The answer said that they were monitoring covid (which I never mentioned or alluded to) and if policy changed it would be much closer to the expiration date. My email was a day ago, so 'last minute' I guess. They suggested I could make a reservation for friends or family and gift them.

In any event, Marriott is looking most benevolent.

Another written comment was to possibly get compensation after expiration. That sure sounds chancy giving the hard 'no' I received both verbal and written.

I'm not globalist, was not even close, so did not have that edge.

I've never willingly let any nights expire, so this may be a first for me. I will probably ride it out and see how it goes.

I just got off the phone with "The Lodge at Spruce Peak" in Stowe, VT, which is a Hyatt property. I booked 3 nights in February for 180,000 points. cash value was over $8,000 (we are a family of 5, so needed a suite). I wanted to double check their cancellation policy after reading this. Same deal, only it's 30 days notice. I can cancel and get back my 180,000 points up until 30 days before. But if it's after the 30 day mark I'll be charged over $4,000 CASH!!!! yikes. It makes me so nervous. I'm in MA, so I'm thinking worse case scenario if we have to cancel for some reason. I'll just drive the 4 or 5 hours up and check in then leave? Would that work? If it comes to it, I can handle losing the points, but not $4,000.

Makes me nervous too! I've had 2 stays with a 14 day cancellation policy. The back-up plan in my head was that I'd get family or friends to go instead. They were places fairly close by, so it shouldn't have been too hard to find someone else to go.

But now I have a points reservation for the Andaz in Costa Rica over the holidays next year. The cancellation policy is 50% within 60 days. Cash rate for the 6 nights is over $11,000! Yay cpp! Boo cancellation policy!

At least your DP shows that it might not be that much if they were to charge it. I put the deposit on the Hyatt card, which has a limit of $5000 travel insurance. If it came to that, hopefully they'd at least let me change the card? I'd redo the reservation using a CSP, but not sure if we'll still have it by then.

Thanks to great advice and tips I’ve read on this board throughout this year I’ve earned my SW CP (I know the timing isn’t ideal this late in the year but it’s how it worked out for me🙈). The goal was to be able to use points and CP to cover the flights for our family of 4 for my 50th birthday trip to WDW in June. SW just opened flights through June 4 which is the first day of our vacation. My question is- should I book our flights there one way? I worry that the best rates or times may sell out before our return flight opens. Am I being too paranoid? I assume it will be a couple months before the next round of dates opens up. Or should I just wait and book it as a round trip later?

Thanks to great advice and tips I’ve read on this board throughout this year I’ve earned my SW CP (I know the timing isn’t ideal this late in the year but it’s how it worked out for me🙈). The goal was to be able to use points and CP to cover the flights for our family of 4 for my 50th birthday trip to WDW in June. SW just opened flights through June 4 which is the first day of our vacation. My question is- should I book our flights there one way? I worry that the best rates or times may sell out before our return flight opens. Am I being too paranoid? I assume it will be a couple months before the next round of dates opens up. Or should I just wait and book it as a round trip later?
Price-wise, it doesn't make a difference booking one-way or RT, so book now. Plus, it's better--if you have to change a date, you don't have to cancel the whole reservation, just the one leg.

I book all of mine as one-ways. Next schedule release is actually just next week (!) on December 16.

Makes me nervous too! I've had 2 stays with a 14 day cancellation policy. The back-up plan in my head was that I'd get family or friends to go instead. They were places fairly close by, so it shouldn't have been too hard to find someone else to go.

But now I have a points reservation for the Andaz in Costa Rica over the holidays next year. The cancellation policy is 50% within 60 days. Cash rate for the 6 nights is over $11,000! Yay cpp! Boo cancellation policy!

At least your DP shows that it might not be that much if they were to charge it. I put the deposit on the Hyatt card, which has a limit of $5000 travel insurance. If it came to that, hopefully they'd at least let me change the card? I'd redo the reservation using a CSP, but not sure if we'll still have it by then.
Did you have to put a cash deposit down on a points booking?

I have 2 expiring FNC with Hyatt. I could use them, but I'd rather push my dates out.

The answer said that they were monitoring covid (which I never mentioned or alluded to) and if policy changed it would be much closer to the expiration date. My email was a day ago, so 'last minute' I guess. They suggested I could make a reservation for friends or family and gift them.

Another written comment was to possibly get compensation after expiration. That sure sounds chancy giving the hard 'no' I received both verbal and written.

I've never willingly let any nights expire, so this may be a first for me. I will probably ride it out and see how it goes.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have two set to expire at the end of the year. It's laughable when they say they may extend them closer to the expiration date...it's December 8th now and we all know the closer it gets to the holidays the less work gets done at a corporation. I may try to find somewhere semi-local to burn them at, so annoying.

I have 2 expiring end of this month. I really tried to make it work but I can't get excited about a staycation in December when I have so much to do.
Can this process be done in reverse? Personal SW card on day 1 and then business SW card on day 2?
No because you will get immediate denial. Only 1 card every 30 days for business. So once you hit a personal, a biz is out for the next 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter