I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if you've had issues with language barriers on the European Cruises? We're looking into an extended family cruise and wondered if that would be a possible issues to consider?

Not a language 'barrier' as such, but it can get tedious listening to announcements in multiple languages - think it depends on the cruiseline how much they do this. You get used to it after a few days - I have cruised in Europe several times and had no issues with language barriers. Most Europeans seem to have at least a basic understanding of English.

We did have friends who cruised out of Italy with one of the Italian based cruiselines, Costa or MSC I think. They did say that Italian was the main language on board and that they struggled a little with some members of staff that had only limited English. This was about 15 years ago though.

Does Amex Biz pull certain credit reports?
I can't unlock Equifax for some reason ... says call 9-5 ET & I don't take my phone to work :(
Equifax seems very sensitive. They won't allow my VPN to run either.
The other two are fine.

Does Amex do a hard pull on you after your first app? DH and I never get pulled (we both have old cards from years ago). If you do get pulled, DoC DPs say it'll likely be Experian.

Does Amex Biz pull certain credit reports?
I can't unlock Equifax for some reason ... says call 9-5 ET & I don't take my phone to work :(
Equifax seems very sensitive. They won't allow my VPN to run either.
The other two are fine.
Does Amex do a hard pull on you after your first app? DH and I never get pulled (we both have old cards from years ago). If you do get pulled, DoC DPs say it'll likely be Experian.
Both DH and I have our credit frozen. Amex only did a hard pull for our first applications. Every subsequent approval I have left our credit frozen.

Hmmm ... either Amex doesn't like me or they just don't want to give me the bigger offers that DoC lists as YMMV:

Biz Plat DoC shows 150k yet Amex says "no longer avail" then shows a 100k offer
Biz Gold ... 90k likewise reduced to 70k

I don't have any Biz supports available for my wife, so I'll see if she has any available for me.
Thinking otherwise try for the Gold and see if she can get the Plat? Advise?

Hmmm ... either Amex doesn't like me or they just don't want to give me the bigger offers that DoC lists as YMMV:

Biz Plat DoC shows 150k yet Amex says "no longer avail" then shows a 100k offer
Biz Gold ... 90k likewise reduced to 70k

I don't have any Biz supports available for my wife, so I'll see if she has any available for me.
Thinking otherwise try for the Gold and see if she can get the Plat? Advise?
I just did a quick check. Using DH’s Personal Platinum support in a private Safari browser I was able to get 130k for the Biz Plat. I then checked Incognito Chrome without support and was only able to get 120k. I recommend trying different support links in different browsers to see what you can find.

I just did a quick check. Using DH’s Personal Platinum support in a private Safari browser I was able to get 130k for the Biz Plat. I then checked Incognito Chrome without support and was only able to get 120k. I recommend trying different support links in different browsers to see what you can find.
What's an easy way to check for support links?
I just happened upon a support button at the bottom of one of my failed attempts (after logging in)

ETA: I see the original bigger offers, but the only choice seems to be Log In to your account. That's when the offer shows as no longer available, and then I can see reduced offers. I can't see a way to apply without logging in.

Last edited:
What's an easy way to check for support links?
I just happened upon a support button at the bottom of one of my failed attempts (after logging in)

ETA: I see the original bigger offers, but the only choice seems to be Log In to your account. That's when the offer shows as no longer available, and then I can see reduced offers. I can't see a way to apply without logging in.

The supports are on the main page of each card, usually under the recent transactions. See which one is higher, usually on a gold or plat. Don't forget to only do cross support (your link for your P2's app or vice versa). Once you click in, towards the bottom, you can copy the link. You can then use that link to test different methods without logging in (incognito, VPN, different browsers, etc).

I see a 130k offer on the biz plat from a support too. So that might be what to aim for. With the support, that should be close or better than the 150k that didn't work for you. Good luck!

The supports are on the main page of each card, usually under the recent transactions. See which one is higher, usually on a gold or plat. Don't forget to only do cross support (your link for your P2's app or vice versa). Once you click in, towards the bottom, you can copy the link. You can then use that link to test different methods without logging in (incognito, VPN, different browsers, etc).

I see a 130k offer on the biz plat from a support too. So that might be what to aim for. With the support, that should be close or better than the 150k that didn't work for you. Good luck!
Thank you Both!

I found the normal Support Generator and was able to get $100 for DW (she shoulda checked other cards) supporting me on a Gold Biz for 70k.

Then I supported her for 20k MRs for a 70k Gold.

Decided to hold our for a better offer on the Plat, since I could still only see 100k offers in Edge and Chrome Incognito. The second half of the big bill I'm paying will be due in January, so maybe the current spend on the Gold(s) will help generate a better offer for the Biz Plat.

But, SUCCESS on my Gold Application! Wife hasn't tried her link yet, but I'm sure she's good.

Thanks again for helping me through this!

Thank you Both!

I found the normal Support Generator and was able to get $100 for DW (she shoulda checked other cards) supporting me on a Gold Biz for 70k.

Then I supported her for 20k MRs for a 70k Gold.

Decided to hold our for a better offer on the Plat, since I could still only see 100k offers in Edge and Chrome Incognito. The second half of the big bill I'm paying will be due in January, so maybe the current spend on the Gold(s) will help generate a better offer for the Biz Plat.

But, SUCCESS on my Gold Application! Wife hasn't tried her link yet, but I'm sure she's good.

Thanks again for helping me through this!

I see a 85k offer on the gold biz via support. If your wife hasn't done the app yet, might want to see if you can pull that up. Might try the supports from your other cards too, even if it's less (total might come out more).

Ryanair would fall into the 'last resort' category for me generally - this is the airline that tried to charge passengers to use the bathroom. If there is a way to charge extra for something Ryanair will find it.

If you have access to Avios or URs/MRs that can be converted to Avios - you can often get good value on BA redemptions within Europe. Otherwise, I would fly EasyJet over Ryanair - there is also Vueling but I have no personal experience with them.

EDIT: Also pay close attention to which 'London' airport they use. Many Ryanair flights will go into Stansted or Luton, I think EasyJet is Gatwick or Luton, BA will probably get you into Heathrow.
This is helpful. Thank you!!!

Was approved instantly for the CSP this morning! First instant approval from Chase ever. Fingers crossed for the MDD tomorrow. Does the CSR need approved within 24 hours or calendar day?

You need to apply for CSR tomorrow, approval will be on Chase's time. Hopefully, you get another auto approval (even if it's not instant). Recon would be tough on a MDD.

Was approved instantly for the CSP this morning! First instant approval from Chase ever. Fingers crossed for the MDD tomorrow. Does the CSR need approved within 24 hours or calendar day?

I'm not 100% sure. Too much information overload from researching.

We just did the MDD yesterday and I think I read somewhere that it should be done within 24 hours but on the next calendar day. So, DH applied for the second card about a hour and a half before the 24 hour mark, just in case. He was lucky and approval was instant on both applications. I didn't even think about the possibility that the approval had to be within 24 hours. Probably not but we would have moved up the application a extra hour as a buffer.

Good luck!!

Used my second Amex FHR credit to book Cotton House Hotel in Barcelona for one night pre-cruise. Then I used Bonvoy points to book two nights at the London Edition after the cruise. Is Ryan Air the best/cheapest/easiest way to get from Barcelona to London?

I think Ryanair might be the cheapest but doubt it's the best...of course my bias for "you get what you pay for" might be showing! :rotfl:

My parents stayed at the Cotton House hotel after our cruise in 2016 and they raved about it for days. It's still one of DM's favorites so I hope the years have been kind to it and you enjoy it as well.

The problem with this is that no one has been through an outbreak of this magnitude before. I'm in healthcare and have been through "outbreaks" with flu, H1N1, etc. Nothing prepared me for this. The death and disability resulting are tragic. I'm so tired of watching people die. 😢
I hear you. Life is just different now.

I have a question for IHG experts..... I'm wanting to use a free night before it expires, but website says reward night not available on the day I chose....is that it? blocked out or is there anything else I can do to check? thanks

I think Ryanair might be the cheapest but doubt it's the best...of course my bias for "you get what you pay for" might be showing! :rotfl:

My parents stayed at the Cotton House hotel after our cruise in 2016 and they raved about it for days. It's still one of DM's favorites so I hope the years have been kind to it and you enjoy it as well.
EasyJet it is!

And I'm excited about both Cotton House and the London Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter