I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, thanks! I'll be spreading $7500 in MSR out anyway, so that'll be fine. Do they ask how much you make at your business and base the credit line off of it? I'm not sure how I would even go about estimating that... My property tax is paid through my mortgage and federal taxes come out from my paycheck, so I'm limited on both of those fronts. Things always come up, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I manage to hit the MSR organically anyway. Thanks for the linked chart!

Venmo sounds like a promising option if I can't hit the MSR organically. Thanks for the input!

I think it does depend on your business revenue, though they've been giving lower biz CL lately in general.

If you've had your mortgage at least a year and it's in good standing, you can ask to get rid of your escrow account. It opened up a whole new world for me when I learned that here. Not just the property tax, but you can then also pay your insurance. Depending on the company, there may not even be a cc fee.

Did you get a good value using points? Seems like business class seats to Europe for 60,000 points one way is like finding a needle in a haystack!

It was 75K for the departing flight and 82K for return. Felt like it was good value compared to cash price of tickets, but this is our first time to use points to fly internationally. Taxes were high, particularly for departing flight.

Any Portland OR residents/experts here? Looking for a hotel(s) to bookend (arrival and departure days) my Crater Lake trip next September. Where is a nice area to stay in for just one night? I do want to visit the Japanese Garden/Washington Park area but don't have any other must dos in Portland.
Thanks.

For those of us that felt we paid too much on SW yesterday, go check your flight. I'm about to rebank 4169 RR per person (5).

That was exhausting since I book everyone individually (10 flights), but I got enough back to fly another person and have RR left over lol

Last edited:
It was 75K for the departing flight and 82K for return. Felt like it was good value compared to cash price of tickets, but this is our first time to use points to fly internationally. Taxes were high, particularly for departing flight.
Thanks! I did manage to find a lie flat seat this Oct 31st nonstop from Houston to Frankfurt, Germany for 60,000 points and $5.95 or so in tax on United. Flying back home Jan 1st in Economy for 30,000 points and $135 in taxes. Hoping for at least a premium economy for 45,000 points. Will see if anything opens close to the date. Our daughter is stationed in Germany and our first grandchild is due to arrive around Nov 7th. I can see multiple trips there over the next 2 years! :-)

Dd applied for cf student on her 18th birthday. Wasn’t paying attention that chase isn’t the best card to start with. She got the 7-10 day message but today had a letter from chase asking her to prove she was a student. So maybe she will get approved.

At ds’ football game. It’s painful to watch:(

OK, thanks! I'll be spreading $7500 in MSR out anyway, so that'll be fine. Do they ask how much you make at your business and base the credit line off of it? I'm not sure how I would even go about estimating that... My property tax is paid through my mortgage and federal taxes come out from my paycheck, so I'm limited on both of those fronts. Things always come up, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I manage to hit the MSR organically anyway. Thanks for the linked chart!
If you've had your mortgage at least a year and it's in good standing, you can ask to get rid of your escrow account. It opened up a whole new world for me when I learned that here. Not just the property tax, but you can then also pay your insurance. Depending on the company, there may not even be a cc fee.
For my last mortgage they wanted 2 years, but I'd still ask. Property tax may have a small extra fee, but in my experience insurance does not.

Any of the tech-savvy people here happen to know why people on eBay are buying the long-discontinued Amazon dash buttons?

I came across a handful of them in a drawer and did a google search to see what I should do with them. My thoughts were recycle or send back to Amazon, but it turns out these are being listed, and actually purchased (for a few dollars each), on eBay.

I'm tempted to list mine mostly to be rid of them, and also because it seems like there still is some use for them, but I'm not sure how good/bad of an idea it is to send them to some stranger. Could they be doing something sketchy? And is there any risk to my Amazon account?

I got an email from Delta yesterday to upgrade my business platinum amex card to the reserve card. It had this promotion:

Earn 60,000 Bonus Miles and a $300
Statement Credit
after you upgrade to the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card and spend $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first six months of Card Membership

Is this a good deal? I'm thinking it's probably good to keep for a year? The $300 statement credit basically cancels the difference between the two cards. What's everyone's thought on this. I live in a Delta hub and have a few flights lined up. $4K spend for 6 months is definitely doable. I just did the CSR/CSP MDD and I don't think I will be opening any cards anytime soon.

I got an email from Delta yesterday to upgrade my business platinum amex card to the reserve card. It had this promotion:

Earn 60,000 Bonus Miles and a $300
Statement Credit
after you upgrade to the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card and spend $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first six months of Card Membership

Is this a good deal? I'm thinking it's probably good to keep for a year? The $300 statement credit basically cancels the difference between the two cards. What's everyone's thought on this. I live in a Delta hub and have a few flights lined up. $4K spend for 6 months is definitely doable. I just did the CSR/CSP MDD and I don't think I will be opening any cards anytime soon.

Have you had the Delta Reserve biz card before? If you haven't and you take the upgrade offer, it'll lock you out of getting the SUB in the future. The current SUB on the Reserve biz is 80k and $200 for $5000 spend. You could apply for the card and then take the upgrade offer before it goes away. But with such a high AF, it may not make sense to you to hold 2 at the same time.

Personally, I would not take an upgrade offer on a card I've never had before unless the SUB is typically low and I wouldn't care about missing out on it.

Prepping for a CP in 2022. Currently, I have a SW Biz Premier and have had it for since 2019. I am planning to cancel this one even though I just paid the AF in June. :worried: From a timing perspective, when should I begin this process?

Other info since I have not properly introduced myself to all you fantastic folks-
Five of us flying out of DIA mostly to MCO. 1P game here; 2/24 with the following:

10/18 - CITI DC
12/19 - CHASE CSR
2/21 - CIP
9/21 - AMEX Surpass
2006 - AMEX Everyday
Shouldn’t we be coming up on one of :worship:Professor @SouthFayetteFan ’s fireside chats?

Last edited:
Dd applied for cf student on her 18th birthday. Wasn’t paying attention that chase isn’t the best card to start with. She got the 7-10 day message but today had a letter from chase asking her to prove she was a student. So maybe she will get approved.

At ds’ football game. It’s painful to watch:(

DD's football team has scored a total of 6 points (missed the point after kick) total in their first 3 games. 🤣 At least the cheerleaders and band look good!

DD's football team has scored a total of 6 points (missed the point after kick) total in their first 3 games. 🤣 At least the cheerleaders and band look good!
Yeah, that's about where we are. This is DS' fifth year playing and they've won one game (while the varsity team was undefeated until the state championship game two years ago). And most of the good players are seniors so next year will somehow be way worse:( As long as no ambulances are called and my kid leaves the field uninjured, I consider it a victory! And the coach is awesome and really cares about the players.

Prepping for a CP in 2022. Currently, I have a SW Biz Premier and have had it for since 2019. I am planning to cancel this one even though I just paid the AF in June. :worried: From a timing perspective, when should I begin this process?

Other info since I have not properly introduced myself to all you fantastic folks-
Five of us flying out of DIA mostly to MCO. 1P game here; 2/24 with the following:

10/18 - CITI DC
12/19 - CHASE CSR
2/21 - CIP
9/21 - AMEX Surpass
2006 - AMEX Everyday
Shouldn’t we be coming up on one of :worship:Professor @SouthFayetteFan ’s fireside chats?
Let's see how good my memory is, I'm sure someone will correct me. How close you want to app is dependent on how fast you can meet the MSR. If you can meet the MSR immediately you could wait until December, if are going to spread it out you can start as early as mid October. The important part being you don't want to hit that MSR until January 2nd or 3rd. Chase cards should be closed for at least 30 days before applying for the same card again.

By DIA I'm assuming you mean DEN. Seems much more likely you're flying from Denver, Colorado rather than Doha, Qatar.

Let's see how good my memory is, I'm sure someone will correct me. How close you want to app is dependent on how fast you can meet the MSR. If you can meet the MSR immediately you could wait until December, if are going to spread it out you can start as early as mid October. The important part being you don't want to hit that MSR until January 2nd or 3rd. Chase cards should be closed for at least 30 days before applying for the same card again.

By DIA I'm assuming you mean DEN. Seems much more likely you're flying from Denver, Colorado rather than Doha, Qatar.

Thanks! Yes DEN!

Hi everyone! 😊 I’ve been here before, but then our trip got put on hold. We are now figuring it all out again and I’d love some opinions about if it’s worth opening another card for some more points.

P1:
02/19 – Barclay Arrival +
05/21 – Chase Sapphire Preferred
I also have a Chase Freedom but it’s been 6 years. I don’t remember the exact open date anymore.
P2:
07/21 – Chase Sapphire Preferred
He also has a Discover it card, but it’s be 6-7 years as well.

Monthly spend: $2500-2700. We don’t have a FF miles program or a hotel rewards program. We’ve only done cashback cards in the past.
Our current goal is to get as much off of a big family Disney trip in November 2022 with myself, my husband, our three young kids, my sister and my parents. The total cost of the room & tickets right now is around $12k – which I know we will not get ALL paid for by points. We just want to take as much off the top as possible. My sister also opened a CSP with my referral code and will use the points toward the trip, but I don’t think she is interested in doing anymore past this. We haven’t combined my husband’s CSR and mine yet, but I’ve heard that’s a possibility to make things easier for redeeming down the road. We also have not figured out what cards we want to use as our “main cards” once we are done collecting the points that we can, so if you have an opinion about that, I'd love to hear it. I'll honestly probably close some of the extra cards after we pay for the trip (but we will keep our 6-7 year old cards open).

edited to add - we do not own a business. That's probably helpful information, too! So I can't do the business cards.

Have you had the Delta Reserve biz card before? If you haven't and you take the upgrade offer, it'll lock you out of getting the SUB in the future. The current SUB on the Reserve biz is 80k and $200 for $5000 spend. You could apply for the card and then take the upgrade offer before it goes away. But with such a high AF, it may not make sense to you to hold 2 at the same time.

Personally, I would not take an upgrade offer on a card I've never had before unless the SUB is typically low and I wouldn't care about missing out on it.
Thanks for the tip. I’ve never had the card before. It was never really on my radar because for the price, it’s not that much better than the platinum. I already have the Amex Plat which for used to be the same AF had way more perks. I considered the upgrade because it seemed like an easy way to get points for low effort and basically the same price as my current delta card.

Hi everyone!

So I managed to combine my Chase URs from my biz CIU to my CSP and now I'm looking around for more easy points. Lol.

My DH has agreed to be P2, so I plan to send him a referral link so that he can apply for a CSP as well. He has a Bank of America card for the Amtrak rewards that he opened in 2020. He has another Capital One MC that he opened in 2012 when we went to Europe for the no foreign transaction fee. Other than that and some old AMEX (no fee) cards that are in the sock drawer, he is mostly an AU on my cards (Chase Disney, Chase Amazon & Discover), including the new CSP (7/2021).

Do I need to remove him as an AU on my CSP before he applies for his own? Should I add myself to his CSP as an AU (during application? or afterwards?) to help with the MSR?

Thanks for any help!

Thanks for the tip. I’ve never had the card before. It was never really on my radar because for the price, it’s not that much better than the platinum. I already have the Amex Plat which for used to be the same AF had way more perks. I considered the upgrade because it seemed like an easy way to get points for low effort and basically the same price as my current delta card.

I took that offer for P2 a couple months ago. I decided the new card sub was not that much different for the additional hassle of a fresh application and I had no interest in applying new and taking the upgrade. Like you say, its an easy route to additional points, plus the companion certificate which is not limited to economy only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter