I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't go above 5/24, not until something changes with Chase Biz cards. It seems like all good things always end, my plan is to keep churning Chase Biz cards until it isn't possible anyone.

So I'm guessing you feel the MDD isn't worth losing out on doing Ink after Ink after Ink?.....I have the CSR and depending on the AF and any retention offers, I'll have to see if I want to keep it right now.

Learned something new with Hyatt- if you book with FNC, you can’t use your suite night upgrades on the stay.

Luckily, my concierge contacted the resort and I think we will ok. DH and DS have become room snobs.

We had a similar thing happen. I booked 3 nights in Milwaukee at the Hyatt Regency using 2 FNC and 1 night on points. I called to use one of our club upgrades and was told that I could only use the benefits for one of the nights since 2 nights were booked with a FNC. When we got to the hotel, they gave us free breakfast certificates for all 3 nights though, so it ended up working out in the end.

That hotel didn't still didn't have the club regency room open, so if you had club level access, they gave you free breakfast buffet certificates. It was a great buffet so it worked out great for us.

anyone have issues with Chase biz cards and booking on Disney? I tried to book a dessert party with the new CIC and it was declined, used a different card no problem. I had the same issue a few months ago with my new CIC and booking a room on Disneys website. That card was declined but the Disney Visa went through just fine.

Ugh... I wonder if Citi expedites cards? I'm still looking at having DH apply for it, I'm mostly interested in transferring the SUB to AA. I have some large payments that I could charge and met the MSR in the first 30 days. hmmm.
The AA transfer ends 11/13/21, so the timing is tight depending on when the statement closing date ends up being.

Just starting to get into the credit card rewards game, but getting hooked on it as I've started seeing those SUB points adding up just by spending money that we'd be spending anyway! I have a P2, but he's less inclined to play the churning game than I am, although I did convince him to get the CSP with my referral (and he seems pretty excited about the SUB points now). I'm thinking of referring him for a Southwest card once the SUB is good again because we could use the RR points for our trip next summer, but that'll probably be it for him. I'm mostly wondering about what I should consider as a next card(s) for me? Thanks in advance for your input!

I've asked a few questions here and there and greatly appreciate your quick and thoughtful replies. I've heard that there is also a Reddit board that I might be interested to join although I haven't used Reddit before and don't really know how to use it!

Cards I have opened in the last 24 months:
07/21 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred
07/21 - CHASE Southwest RR Premier
11/19 - COMENITY My BJ's Perks Mastercard
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? We could probably put $1000-2000 on the card each month easily (we can put some of our childcare costs on a credit card, which helps!) I don't think I would be comfortable with MS unless it was pretty much fool-proof as I tend to be pretty a risk-adverse person.
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? yes, we pay off each month and aren't carrying any credit card balances
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? Philadelphia International
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? Southwest is our favorite, second is probably American Airlines
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No strong preference, I tend to book hotels based on location and price rather than brand. Marriott looks like it could be a good choice for upcoming planned vacations, though.
  • What are your specific goals for churning credit cards? Mostly looking to earn money or points to use towards future travel, although having extra cash on hand wouldn't hurt either!
  • When do you plan to take these trips? Our Disney trip is planned for July 2022, we might be planning a Universal trip for summer 2023. Generally, we'll probably be going on a "big trip" about once a year and smaller 2-3 day trips a few times a year.
  • Who does your travel party consist of? Spouse and three kids (ages 10, 7, 1 currently)

The AA transfer ends 11/13/21, so the timing is tight depending on when the statement closing date ends up being.
Another reason why I'm hesitant.
I only have enough AA miles for 3 business class tickets to Japan, DH needs 50K miles for the 4th business ticket. My original plan was to get the Aviator Red for him. So I might just stick with my original plan.

Just starting to get into the credit card rewards game, but getting hooked on it as I've started seeing those SUB points adding up just by spending money that we'd be spending anyway! I have a P2, but he's less inclined to play the churning game than I am, although I did convince him to get the CSP with my referral (and he seems pretty excited about the SUB points now). I'm thinking of referring him for a Southwest card once the SUB is good again because we could use the RR points for our trip next summer, but that'll probably be it for him. I'm mostly wondering about what I should consider as a next card(s) for me? Thanks in advance for your input!

I've asked a few questions here and there and greatly appreciate your quick and thoughtful replies. I've heard that there is also a Reddit board that I might be interested to join although I haven't used Reddit before and don't really know how to use it!

Cards I have opened in the last 24 months:
07/21 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred
07/21 - CHASE Southwest RR Premier
11/19 - COMENITY My BJ's Perks Mastercard
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)? We could probably put $1000-2000 on the card each month easily (we can put some of our childcare costs on a credit card, which helps!) I don't think I would be comfortable with MS unless it was pretty much fool-proof as I tend to be pretty a risk-adverse person.
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? yes, we pay off each month and aren't carrying any credit card balances
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? Philadelphia International
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? Southwest is our favorite, second is probably American Airlines
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No strong preference, I tend to book hotels based on location and price rather than brand. Marriott looks like it could be a good choice for upcoming planned vacations, though.
  • What are your specific goals for churning credit cards? Mostly looking to earn money or points to use towards future travel, although having extra cash on hand wouldn't hurt either!
  • When do you plan to take these trips? Our Disney trip is planned for July 2022, we might be planning a Universal trip for summer 2023. Generally, we'll probably be going on a "big trip" about once a year and smaller 2-3 day trips a few times a year.
  • Who does your travel party consist of? Spouse and three kids (ages 10, 7, 1 currently)

You should consider if you want to get into business cards. Once you get 5 personal cards in the last 24 months (from any issuer), Chase won't approve you for anymore of their cards. Most business cards don't report to your personal credit report and wouldn't count for this. Many side gigs can count. You would apply as a sole proprietor with your name as the business name.

The Chase Ink Cash (CIC) and Unlimited (CIU) are at 75k UR for $7500 spend, no annual fee. Preferred (CIP) is at 100k for $15k spend, $95 AF. Once you have one of these cards, you can support P2 for any one of these for an extra 20k UR. Or you might want to go for a Southwest business card. If you're interested in getting a CP, @SouthFayetteFan has a write up on the reddit group. To join, create a username first, then you can PM him or @Albort.

I'm entertaining the idea, pending DVC availability, of moving my DVC up a day to Sat-Tues. Then head over to USO Tues-Fri, I haven't looked to see if I can book anything via UR over there yet. Then back to Shades of Green Fri-Sun. SoG is not flexible at all. USO was not in our plans, but he did miss our USO trip and I think he'd enjoy it and I wouldn't mind the Harry Potter stuff again. Then I won't need to borrow any DVC points, I can just get more UR. We may just do offsite those middle days though.
LOL, we are also considering 2 nights at USO. The first night we may just stay somewhere cheap offsite since we will be getting in late and need to rent a car anyway.

You should consider if you want to get into business cards. Once you get 5 personal cards in the last 24 months (from any issuer), Chase won't approve you for anymore of their cards. Most business cards don't report to your personal credit report and wouldn't count for this. Many side gigs can count. You would apply as a sole proprietor with your name as the business name.

The Chase Ink Cash (CIC) and Unlimited (CIU) are at 75k UR for $7500 spend, no annual fee. Preferred (CIP) is at 100k for $15k spend, $95 AF. Once you have one of these cards, you can support P2 for any one of these for an extra 20k UR. Or you might want to go for a Southwest business card. If you're interested in getting a CP, @SouthFayetteFan has a write up on the reddit group. To join, create a username first, then you can PM him or @Albort.

I'd been looking at the Chase Business cards, it does look like this is the way that a lot of people go who play this game. Two questions/concerns: 1) how serious does the "side gig" need to be? I've read that selling things online can count, and while I do this (mostly clothes my kiddos grow out of), it doesn't amount to much per year. 2) The minimum spend is a little higher than I believe we could comfortably hit in 3 months, so I think I'd need to see what we can do organically and then consider MS from there. Are there reliable MS techniques for Chase? I've read that there are topics/techniques that aren't to be discussed on these boards to protect those using them, so I do apologize if I've mentioned any of these. Feel free to censor my posts if necessary, lol!

I have made a reddit username and will PM to see if I can join there. Thanks so much!!

anyone have issues with Chase biz cards and booking on Disney? I tried to book a dessert party with the new CIC and it was declined, used a different card no problem. I had the same issue a few months ago with my new CIC and booking a room on Disneys website. That card was declined but the Disney Visa went through just fine.
I couldn’t get my CIU to work for a dessert party earlier this morning, either. 🤷🏼‍♀️

We recently booked business class on UR points through British Airways from DFW to London for July 2022, also for a DCL cruise. We were originally going this summer and had to push it back a year. Last year, we were booked to fly out of IAH on Singapore Airlines to Manchester, but they had trimmed down their flights for next year and we couldn’t make the dates work. I’ve exhausted my knowledge, but hope this helps.
Did you get a good value using points? Seems like business class seats to Europe for 60,000 points one way is like finding a needle in a haystack!

That's weird. I'd probably go get a Disney gift card for the amount with my CIC (5% at office supply) and rebook it or call and change the payment method when I got a chance. I know, I know - but it's just strange that it wouldn't go through yet the Disney card did.

I'd been looking at the Chase Business cards, it does look like this is the way that a lot of people go who play this game. Two questions/concerns: 1) how serious does the "side gig" need to be? I've read that selling things online can count, and while I do this (mostly clothes my kiddos grow out of), it doesn't amount to much per year. 2) The minimum spend is a little higher than I believe we could comfortably hit in 3 months, so I think I'd need to see what we can do organically and then consider MS from there. Are there reliable MS techniques for Chase? I've read that there are topics/techniques that aren't to be discussed on these boards to protect those using them, so I do apologize if I've mentioned any of these. Feel free to censor my posts if necessary, lol!

I have made a reddit username and will PM to see if I can join there. Thanks so much!!

I think a lot of people do the online selling/resale category. Revenue doesn't need to be high. They will probably give you a low credit line, so you'll need to spread the MSR out.

I don't MS, so I'll leave that to the experts. But you can also think about expenses you might not normally think to pay with a credit card. Property tax is a big one for me. The county charges 2.5%, but it's worth it to meet MSR. Or federal tax, which is 1.96-1.99%. For things that don't take credit card, I might do Plastiq, which is a service that lets you pay by cc and they mail a check (the fee is 2.85%). Each card type has different rules on what they'll allow. Mastercard will even allow you to pay your mortgage (but the Ink cards are Visa). There is a chart here, might even give you some ideas:

https://help.plastiq.com/hc/en-us/a...ported-Payment-Types-by-Card-Brand-on-Plastiq

For those that have used points to fly to Europe in lie flat seats, how hard are those to find for 60,000 points or so one way? I need flights for 2 from Houston to London around September 1, 2022 for a DCL cruise leaving on the 4th from Dover. I'm looking at United but open to other airlines. I have UR points and Capitol One miles.

They are few and far in between. I've managed a few times using AA miles on a saver award but this was years ago. If you are flexible with dates, airports and leveraging award partners it will at least widen your search options.

Are you at 4/24? Can you get just the CSP?

I am at 4/24. So I was going to go for the MDD next, and hit 6/24. But now I'm thinking I should try for a CIC, and go from there.

I MS....there are a few options. I think Venmo doesn't post as a cash advance w/ Chase. That was going to be my back up if I didn't hit the spend on my CIU. I managed to hit it and then some.

Does Chase use the statement ending date for the receipt of SUB? I have a CSR that posted SUB on the 10/4/2017 statement. So, 10/4/2021 ends the 48 month window, correct?

Am I correct that I can product change the CSR and apply for the CSP (if the bonus lasts into October)? What card should I PC to? Do I have to wait a period of time after PC to apply for the CSP?

Thanks for any help. I get so much great information from you all!!

I think a lot of people do the online selling/resale category. Revenue doesn't need to be high. They will probably give you a low credit line, so you'll need to spread the MSR out.

I don't MS, so I'll leave that to the experts. But you can also think about expenses you might not normally think to pay with a credit card. Property tax is a big one for me. The county charges 2.5%, but it's worth it to meet MSR. Or federal tax, which is 1.96-1.99%. For things that don't take credit card, I might do Plastiq, which is a service that lets you pay by cc and they mail a check (the fee is 2.85%). Each card type has different rules on what they'll allow. Mastercard will even allow you to pay your mortgage (but the Ink cards are Visa). There is a chart here, might even give you some ideas:

https://help.plastiq.com/hc/en-us/a...ported-Payment-Types-by-Card-Brand-on-Plastiq

OK, thanks! I'll be spreading $7500 in MSR out anyway, so that'll be fine. Do they ask how much you make at your business and base the credit line off of it? I'm not sure how I would even go about estimating that... My property tax is paid through my mortgage and federal taxes come out from my paycheck, so I'm limited on both of those fronts. Things always come up, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I manage to hit the MSR organically anyway. Thanks for the linked chart!

I am at 4/24. So I was going to go for the MDD next, and hit 6/24. But now I'm thinking I should try for a CIC, and go from there.

I MS....there are a few options. I think Venmo doesn't post as a cash advance w/ Chase. That was going to be my back up if I didn't hit the spend on my CIU. I managed to hit it and then some.

Venmo sounds like a promising option if I can't hit the MSR organically. Thanks for the input!

Does Chase use the statement ending date for the receipt of SUB? I have a CSR that posted SUB on the 10/4/2017 statement. So, 10/4/2021 ends the 48 month window, correct?

Am I correct that I can product change the CSR and apply for the CSP (if the bonus lasts into October)? What card should I PC to? Do I have to wait a period of time after PC to apply for the CSP?

Thanks for any help. I get so much great information from you all!!
Yes, you can apply for the CSP/CSR on 10/4.
You can change your CSR to Freedom Unlimited or Freedom Flex, if you change it to the Flex you’ll get a new card number because it’s a master card.
Once you downgrade your CSR you only have to wait 4 days to apply for the new sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter