I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the dog food topic, our rescue dog eats like she's dying, every meal. Even though we have had her almost 5 years. The vet called her chubby and said she needed to trim down. So she get frozen green beans in her bowl at every meal, to add bulk without a bunch of calories. She LOVES them, but she is also the swallow it now, ask questions later kinda dog. Our doodle won't touch them, you hold one out to him and he turns his head.

I just linked my card to the delta acct today. So im guessing it might take a little bit of time for them to load? I can see the points in my amex acct, just not delta.

If you didn't give your Delta number when you signed up for the card, then they probably assigned you a new number. You can see it on your Amex account - is it a different number? If that's the case, I think you can merge accounts. I don't know how long that takes. Or if you have enough points in the new one, you might just make a new online account so you can book your tickets now and do the merge later.

Well, the rain has started. I was hoping to do more outside before it came. Flood warnings and gale warnings since we are near water.

We are also under tornado watch until later this evening.
Ours started about 90 minutes ago and thankfully stopped. Taking the puppy out in a downpour isn't fun. She's not as efficient as my other dog was at her age. Not that I'm comparing:)

On the dog food topic, our rescue dog eats like she's dying, every meal. Even though we have had her almost 5 years. The vet called her chubby and said she needed to trim down. So she get frozen green beans in her bowl at every meal, to add bulk without a bunch of calories. She LOVES them, but she is also the swallow it now, ask questions later kinda dog. Our doodle won't touch them, you hold one out to him and he turns his head.
Ha! Dogs are so funny.

We got an email yesterday that we are being walked from our Fairfield inn that we are checking into later today. She told me I’d get my FNCs back and she would give me points for my trouble. I felt bad that we are getting it for free, but you are saying I would have also gotten cash if I booked through DH’s plat? I have no status (whatever Amex biz bonvoy gives you) because we always use DH account but I had FNC that needed used by end of this year. Back to finding someplace to use 2 FNC by end of year I guess.
Ultimate Reservation Guarantee starts at silver status and above. If you have silver you should have received alternative accommodation and $100 cash (well technically a check mailed to you). Plat would have gotten $100 and 90k points for a Fairfield walk. By all reports you need to call the hotel and demand it. Sometimes they still say no but I would try anyway unless you are ok with the points instead as @wanderlust7 mentioned.

ugh... I applied for a chase biz card and completely forgot to unfreeze my credit reports. Ugh... will I need to talk to recon? after I unfreeze?

Just call and let them know you forgot to unfreeze your credit, it's been unfrozen and ask them to run it again. Hopefully it's an instant approval but it's simple when it's just frozen credit. You aren't the first to do it. I've done it.

Did you get it straightened out? I had to have DH call Chase once when he (me) applied for a CIP for him. Relatively painless. Then more recently he (me) applied for a Citi biz card and they said his credit was frozen (thought it was not anymore!). So they told him online what credit bureau to unfreeze, and gave him 15 minutes to do it and complete the app online without calling. It was great!
Just call and let them know you forgot to unfreeze your credit, it's been unfrozen and ask them to run it again. Hopefully it's an instant approval but it's simple when it's just frozen credit. You aren't the first to do it. I've done it.
I'm going to call on my lunch break. Finger crossed it is instantly approved.

just called instant approval!

Last edited:
Well, the rain has started. I was hoping to do more outside before it came. Flood warnings and gale warnings since we are near water.

We are also under tornado watch until later this evening.
Wow, it’s been pouring by MD/PA line for hours. It’s DS’s first day of school and they had an early dismissal because of it.

Thank goodness it was lighter when we had to go get him because Puggles needed to potty and he doesn’t like the rain plus trying to keep his cast dry.

Bolding just so it isn't missed:
$10 OFF $50 AT WALMART VIA PAYPAL DEAL
I'm not the first to share this, just making sure everybody sees it.

Bought a $50 Disney eGC... Order placed at 1:27; Order delivered at 1:46; Card is already added to my DisneyGiftCard account...

So now the big Q... do I try it again with the same Walmart account (I only have 1) using MY paypal this time. I used my Wife's paypal the first time.

Bolding just so it isn't missed:
$10 OFF $50 AT WALMART VIA PAYPAL DEAL
I'm not the first to share this, just making sure everybody sees it.

Bought a $50 Disney eGC... Order placed at 1:27; Order delivered at 1:46; Card is already added to my DisneyGiftCard account...

So now the big Q... do I try it again with the same Walmart account (I only have 1) using MY paypal this time. I used my Wife's paypal the first time.
I think someone else over there, said their 2nd was cancelled using the same Walmart account.

If you didn't give your Delta number when you signed up for the card, then they probably assigned you a new number. You can see it on your Amex account - is it a different number? If that's the case, I think you can merge accounts. I don't know how long that takes. Or if you have enough points in the new one, you might just make a new online account so you can book your tickets now and do the merge later.
That was the problem! I did an online chat and they are merging the accts. They said can take 5 days. Hopefully sooner!

Does anyone know if I can transfer UR points from DH's account to mine or is that still not working and he has to call do to it?

Ultimate Reservation Guarantee starts at silver status and above. If you have silver you should have received alternative accommodation and $100 cash (well technically a check mailed to you). Plat would have gotten $100 and 90k points for a Fairfield walk. By all reports you need to call the hotel and demand it. Sometimes they still say no but I would try anyway unless you are ok with the points instead as @wanderlust7 mentioned.

Honestly the Fairfield had some bad reviews. I just booked it because I didn’t think we were going to be able to use these certs anywhere else this year. It was actually not a great value points wise to use them. So I’m happy just getting them back. I feel bad staying somewhere for free I can’t imagine I’m going to demand more money on top of it. Maybe I’ll wait to see where they put us. Lol. She didn’t mention how many points. I’ll report back once I know.

Wow, it’s been pouring by MD/PA line for hours. It’s DS’s first day of school and they had an early dismissal because of it.

Thank goodness it was lighter when we had to go get him because Puggles needed to potty and he doesn’t like the rain plus trying to keep his cast dry.

Well, I got quite afraid when the warnings came but so far my area is okay. 2 tornados touched down, 1 in Annapolis and 1 in Charles. West Street in Annapolis is a mess. The other is just trees as far as I've heard. My guy Doug Kammerer is saying rain should be gone by 5. He's my favorite weather guy.

Stay safe up there. There's a school bus with kids on it in Frederick with rising water around it.

Every body around here canceled. DD had to stay at work because the bad part here was going on when she got told to go home. She got here around 3 but was released at 1pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter