I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately not.

"If for some reason we’re unable to honor your reservation, we’ll pay for your accommodations that night at a nearby hotel and compensate you for the inconvenience..."

The key word here is *that* night. What they are describing is when a hotel walks you, ie you and your luggage show up and there is no room at the inn. Blog posts, FT, etc. all concur that the guarantee is only for walked guests, not guests who had their confirmed hotel rooms cancelled prior to arrival. (If this worked for people who had hotels cancelled before arrival it would have been the biggest Covid Travel Hack of 2020 in the churning world ;) )

We got an email yesterday that we are being walked from our Fairfield inn that we are checking into later today. She told me I’d get my FNCs back and she would give me points for my trouble. I felt bad that we are getting it for free, but you are saying I would have also gotten cash if I booked through DH’s plat? I have no status (whatever Amex biz bonvoy gives you) because we always use DH account but I had FNC that needed used by end of this year. Back to finding someplace to use 2 FNC by end of year I guess.

ugh... I applied for a chase biz card and completely forgot to unfreeze my credit reports. Ugh... will I need to talk to recon? after I unfreeze?

I got DD16‘s brand new Amex gold last night and just activated it.

School started for kids the today. DD is a senior. How does that happen so quick? It seems like just yesterday we dropped her off at kindergarten.

Ugh. Next year will be college. Hopefully they allow credit payments so I can finally get some big MSRs.

Oh my am I dragging today. I had the chance to join the BF on a 30 hour trip to Vegas. I guess my days of flying the red-eye in and then teaching are over, LOL. I'm kinda shocked all we did. We both said we felt like we did more on this trip than the 3 days we did in June, LOL.

I love all the convos my dishwasher spawned. Mine can't get here soon enough!

OD/OM have their standard Visa gift card promo this week. Picked up $400 this evening. Still have $19 K left this year.

And I've been taking advantage of coupons/offers for grocery pickup. I had several for Walmart ($5 off $50 Chase offers) and a coupon for $15 off$50 (three times) at Kroger.
Sweet, I can try and hit my IHG spend. Or finally hit the 15k for the FNC on the Hilton. YAY!

Just wanted to say hello. I used to be a frequent DISBoarder many years ago when my kids were younger and we were AP holders. I learned SO much on the boards. We've been on a Disney hiatus the last several years (last visit June 2019) as our kids got older and busy with other activities. My 50th Bday is ahead, and I am hoping to take our family of six (four kids are aged 17-20 now) back to DL to celebrate with me. Back in the day when we visited more frequently, I used to use my Disney Visa for everything just for the Disney points. I still have a healthy rewards balance, but I'm moving now to travel cards. I JUST recently started getting into the travel rewards game last month. I got the CSP for the SUB, have already met the min spend, and am now thinking of my next card! To find a board here that combines BOTH Dis and Rewards Travel seems perfect!! I'm slowly learning and following various YT, Insta, TT travel hackers. Coming along VERY slowly, but I find it all fascinating. I setup Paypal Key today, so my CSP can get points for my Verizon bill and keep my autopay discount, so I am feeling especially accomplished by this mini "hack". Lol

Question: I am thinking about a Southwest or IHG or Marriott visa. Thoughts on value of initial SUBs on any of these? Also, I'm really interested in which of these you find the annual fee "worth it" just for the standard yearly perks.

Thanks! I'm excited to find ya'll. 😀

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the IHG card. So much so I'm churning it right now. I cancelled it last month and I'm working on the SUB for the new one, LOL

Wow - I'm glad this deal Target/Paypal was so awesome for so many folks!! I figured most were doing something with it - glad I bolded it today!

GAH! This is adding to fueling my need to get another paypal. Mine is a business account and I don't get any deals. Also sucks because I'm always charge 3% by default when people send me money. I have to walk them through doing it as friends and family. It sucks.

I used the Target/PayPal deal on Friday to get two $200 eVGC’s and it worked. Sweet deal.

Can anybody tell me what the current situation is with converting VGC and MCGC to serve? Can I do both at FD and VGC only at Walmart (but not MCGC)? I think that was how it was last time I was doing it, but Walmart being iffy at times. I’m done paying on tuition for a couple months and I’ve been out of the loop since last winter.
I haven't tried my WM in awhile. I need to try again as I know sometimes they don't play nice for a week or so and then go back to being nice. EVERY SINGLE TIME I drive to the FD they've hit their limit for the day. UGH. I do know if you buy certain cards they WILL work at WM. I plan on only doing the OD/OM offers since they do it on all VGC including the ones WM likes.

We are looking at going to Napa Valley in November, have never been there and know very little! Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a new hotel card to hopefully have points to use by then. Any thoughts on the Marriott card with 3 free nights? I can probably meet the spend in a month or so since I have a few large purchases coming up, but is it cutting it too close? Hotels out there are crazy expensive!

I was looking at Napa to get rid of some of my FNC too! I have too many of them right now. UGH! The BF and I really need to get traveling, LOL. Darn this teaching job thing, LOL.

We got an email yesterday that we are being walked from our Fairfield inn that we are checking into later today. She told me I’d get my FNCs back and she would give me points for my trouble. I felt bad that we are getting it for free, but you are saying I would have also gotten cash if I booked through DH’s plat? I have no status (whatever Amex biz bonvoy gives you) because we always use DH account but I had FNC that needed used by end of this year. Back to finding someplace to use 2 FNC by end of year I guess.

Bonvoy biz gives you Silver status. Looks like the guarantee applies to all status levels, though platinum and titanium get more. So you should be getting $100. Did she say how many points you're getting? Maybe it's worth more than $100.

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits/guarantee.mi

Last edited:
My older dog loves frozen green beans (she was overweight at one point and they helped get weight off her pretty fast). And she used to love rotisserie chicken until I learned chicken was a hot food based on Traditional Chinese Vetrinary Medicine. Now I bake her cod (apparently a cold food) and she pants so much less it's unreal. I swear she eats better than anyone else. But both dogs still do get kibble because for me that's easier to make sure they are getting complete nutrition.

There’s so much salt injected into rotisserie chickens that the sodium content alone could probably make the dog pant lol. Excessive thirst haha

It’s not exactly a healthy food and not meant to be like a main source of food for a dog I’m sure. The occasional treat of a few bites probably wouldn’t hurt though.

Another good UR earning option is the Chase Freedom or Freedom Flex. The current bonus is $200 (20K URs) + you can earn 5 URs per dollar at grocery stores up to $12,000 in the first year. If you can max that out, that's 60K URs, which you can transfer to your CSP.

Don't forget to use a support link, someone here can add you to the Reddit group. I can't recall who has access.
Freedom actually gives UR's and not actual cash? How did I not know this? And can transfer to CSP? Very interesting.
Still waiting on Chase to give us an answer on P2, CIC. Grrrr

There’s so much salt injected into rotisserie chickens that the sodium content alone could probably make the dog pant lol. Excessive thirst haha

It’s not exactly a healthy food and not meant to be like a main source of food for a dog I’m sure. The occasional treat of a few bites probably wouldn’t hurt though.
I never thought about that. Plain baked cod is working much better:)

PayPal now has a $10 off $50 deal. (Saw it on the Gift card thread)
There are reports from some people that bought gift cards having orders cancelled. Not sure if those people did physical or email?

I just ordered a $50 Disney e-gift card for $40. Used my Discover. So far no cancellation notice yet.…

Do you guys know if you can buy two $50 Disney egift cards at BestBuy.com, and have it trigger the $10 back on $100 offer?

PayPal now has a $10 off $50 deal. (Saw it on the Gift card thread)
There are reports from some people that bought gift cards having orders cancelled. Not sure if those people did physical or email?

I just ordered a $50 Disney e-gift card for $40. Used my Discover. So far no cancellation notice yet.…
I just did this one too. No card yet but no cancellation yet either.

It should.
excellent thank you! Not working on the MSR on this Amex, so not worried about clawback.

Or not, limit one per customer. Wonder if that is per order or total? Kinda risky I guess.
nevermind, just added one physical and one egift card.

I feel like a complete dunce, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use my skymiles from my delta gold amex to boon a flight on delta. Im used yo my southwest points just showing up in my rapid rewards acct automatically. Does this work similarly? Do i have to transfer them in? Ugh, help!

I feel like a complete dunce, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use my skymiles from my delta gold amex to boon a flight on delta. Im used yo my southwest points just showing up in my rapid rewards acct automatically. Does this work similarly? Do i have to transfer them in? Ugh, help!

If it's a delta card they should already be in your delta account when you log in.

I just linked my card to the delta acct today. So im guessing it might take a little bit of time for them to load? I can see the points in my amex acct, just not delta.

Ahhhh, I always give my FF# when I sign up for the card so I know they link from the start :)

Ugh! I order Puggles food from Amazon on auto ship but I have been canceling orders the last couple of months since I have more than enough. I prefer to grab a can of green beans and sweet potatoes and a rotisserie chicken to feed him than dry food. Plus trying to get him to 2 meals a day rather than the 3 he was getting as a puppy. Trying to avoid an overweight pug.
I have my autoship with Chewy set to 6 months out so that I can order as needed. When I get low I go in and hit order now and change up items add or delete if needed. Keeps it going without any surprises. I did the same with PetSmart when I set it up - pushed it to 9 months out.

I once had to do cooked to order food for my Keeshond I had years ago due to injury/illness. Don't want to get tied to that procedure again!

Anyway, my PetSmart food arrived. Mostly correct. They didn't have enough 12 packs of one flavor so substituted by increasing the number of another flavor. They sent 2 'mixed' 6 packs. This is Purina One smartblend wet food and so far he loves it. He also eats dry smartblend small bites for little dogs. Scarfs it right down so as long as he's happy with it, I'm not concerned.

Also, the number of cans ordered arrived, even though there was a flavor non issue.

But, I had called to ask about the order, which contained only dog food. But I spoke about not being able to order Fancy Feast wet/canned food.

They sent a 16 pound bag of Pro Plan weight management dry cat food - $40.48 - in my order! I use the Urinary tract cat food for my male cat. Hope the charity cat enjoys it as I can't use it. My female is only 7 and 1/2 pounds. I watch that she eats as she is skinny, so weight management blend won't work for her.

Anyway, now to watch for my Chase Credit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter