I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m considering getting the Bonvoy biz. Does the 100k/5k points offer come around often? I don’t have any particular plans to use the points in 2021 so the Platinum status isn’t that worthwhile. I’m just curious if this is a good time to pick up the elevated points offer.

It's the standard elevated offer. I'd say it comes around at least once a year. The platinum status lasts until January 31, 2022, if that helps lol.

Southwest lifts middle seat restriction Dec 1.
https://community.southwest.com/t5/Blog/Middle-Seats-Announcement/ba-p/112733
Coupled with increase crowds at WDW, I'm rethinking my January trip. Our next trip may be the last for a bit. We fly home Dec 2 so I'll have to see how the flight is and how comfortable I am with it. Having that extra space between me and strangers (and reduced capacity at WDW) is the only reason we continued travelling. Our APs don't expire until June.
I guess I don't really care about the middle seat thing, it is what it is... But the bigger problem with this IMO is they'll be flying less flights. This will allow them to cancel even more options each day as they try to get back to full flights, that is unless passenger demand improves.

Still haven’t applied for a new card yet. It’s probably going to be the AA aviator biz for P2. Feeling a little shaky on this because I don’t want him to have to do any phone stuff to get this card approved since he has a small “business”. I’ve read Barclay pulls from transunion, and he only has one hard pull listed there, Cap1Venture 7/19. I’ve only done chase and Amex biz cards before I think. Well, I guess I did one citi. Is my nervousness unfounded? I can use all the same app info I usually do for chase?

Still haven’t applied for a new card yet. It’s probably going to be the AA aviator biz for P2. Feeling a little shaky on this because I don’t want him to have to do any phone stuff to get this card approved since he has a small “business”. I’ve read Barclay pulls from transunion, and he only has one hard pull listed there, Cap1Venture 7/19. I’ve only done chase and Amex biz cards before I think. Well, I guess I did one citi. Is my nervousness unfounded? I can use all the same app info I usually do for chase?
Just do it... how about that for peer pressure.

Yes, you can use the same info as you do for Chase, we didn't do anything special when I applied 24 months ago, in fact I will probably apply for it again in Jan. I'm trying to apply for 1 AA card a year for both DH and I.

Just do it... how about that for peer pressure.

Yes, you can use the same info as you do for Chase, we didn't do anything special when I applied 24 months ago, in fact I will probably apply for it again in Jan. I'm trying to apply for 1 AA card a year for both DH and I.
Thanks for the nudge. Lol

Are CL’s an issue outside of Chase? He has several that seem quite high, but they are personal BoA, Cap1, and Amex.

I also just got the Aviator Biz for DH and I. He had 1 TU pull as well. Applied on a Sunday, app went pending and was approved by email on Wednesday night. This happened for both of us. It was easy, BUT the website is rage inducing so I’m sorry for that in advance.

I'm disappointed that SW won't have middle seats open, but I appreciate how they are handling it. They said Nov 30 and are sticking to it. They made a clear announcement 6 weeks in advamce that the date will not be extended. Most impressive, I received email this morning for each flight after that date to cancel for a refund.

I dont want them to cancel my flights or screw with my nicely planned schedules, but I understand that they cannot keep operating at such a loss. Maybe my standards are just really low based on how we are being treated by so many others (Disney AP, Ticket master, my university which is still deciding whether to cancel Spring Break...)

Which Chase UR card do you have? A Chase Sapphire Preferred, you can Pay Yourself Back at 1.25 cent per point for groceries/restaurants/home improvement. Or do you have a regular Sapphire?
I misspoke, actually i pc'd to the sapphire regular over a year ago because I am was going to use the 1.25 from the ink. so the PYB hasnt been an option for me.

Thank You. That would work but I don't have the reserve,sorry I wasnt clear. And actually I called and I can't buy them as a package through the portal. but if I go into the portal I can book the hotel and then the tickets separately in the things to do page. Not quite as good a deal but still saves a couple hundred bucks.
I just sat down with the numbers and I am 9000 UR points short from being able to reserve through chase portal. There isn't any way to buy UR points is there?

I’m so sorry if this is fully discussed elsewhere. I’ve been out of the churning world for a bit (no where to go and no need to spend) but I want to hop back in. What are the current guidelines regarding the Marriott cards? I have several open right now that I kept open so I can use the reward certificates since they extended the dates on them. I’m looking at booking a trip to Disney at the swan next year so those 5 free nights are peaking my interest. Is there a limit on how many I can have open. I haven’t opened anything new for a while.

I’m so sorry if this is fully discussed elsewhere. I’ve been out of the churning world for a bit (no where to go and no need to spend) but I want to hop back in. What are the current guidelines regarding the Marriott cards? I have several open right now that I kept open so I can use the reward certificates since they extended the dates on them. I’m looking at booking a trip to Disney at the swan next year so those 5 free nights are peaking my interest. Is there a limit on how many I can have open. I haven’t opened anything new for a while.
Marriot-Card-Breakdown.jpg

I just sat down with the numbers and I am 9000 UR points short from being able to reserve through chase portal. There isn't any way to buy UR points is there?
I misspoke, actually i pc'd to the sapphire regular over a year ago because I am was going to use the 1.25 from the ink. so the PYB hasnt been an option for me.

You can pay the difference in cash. You wouldn't get the 1.25 rate, so 9000 would be $112.50 in cash.

Just a thought - not sure how much your package is, but if it's more than $1875, you may want to think about PCing your regular Sapphire to a Reserve. Assuming you can easily use the $300 travel credit (now includes grocery/gas), the effective AF is $250. A redemption of $1875 is 150k at 1.25 and 125k with CSR at 1.5. Calculating the points saved at the conservative 1 cent per point is $250.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter