I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
am I correct that if I want to book a universal hotel and ticket package and use chase sapphire UR points. I should book the trip through universal then call chase to use UR's. Since I cant find the package when looking through the portal. Thanks in advance for the help. This trip is another byproduct of this board. Using points for hotel, tickets, airplane and rental car. Grateful to all on here for getting me started five or so years ago and we have enjoyed a couple of vacations that we otherwise would not have been able to afford..
Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way for USO. To book USO, it would come up when you search the Chase travel portal for hotels.

What some people have been doing, like for the AP rates that are typically cheaper is booking direct with the hotel using their CSR for 3x and then using the PYB feature for 1.5x so in a way doing the same thing.

USO tickets should be under the activities and you purchase them separately.

Yes, I was just going to say that :D I may give it a try. I already have the Venture and have a savings account them, so approval chances should be decent. Decent bonus, $500 for $4500 MSR. With my Chase denials the only other card I have on my radar would be to try again for a Barclays AA Biz, but they don't like DH or me. This may be a better option.

I can only find decent redemption with Hyatt for URs. other than that, airfare at 1.5x is the next best thing... since im craving for more J and F class flying, i started working more on MRs and less on URs. i only hit URs if its at 5x.
everyone has different usages and thought on this matter i guess... basically no wrong answer. Free is Free.

We have mainly used our UR's for cruises. Can't beat the 1.5 value for those. Have gone on probably 3-4 free cruises for my family of 4. Have 2 more booked (December and March) just waiting to see if they will actually happen.

DH is at 3/24. His CSR just dropped off yesterday from 2016 (PC'd to Freedom a while ago). So, the plan was to get him CSP and CSR bringing him to 5/25 until April. Now I am wondering if I should have him get the Cap 1 Spark Cash Biz now that it does not report to personal credit report. This won't mess anything up for him will it?

And am I correct that any NEW CSR's are getting billed the $550 annual fee instead of the $450?

Or do I have him go for the Chase Ink Biz - but that might be too much Chase in a short time?

Last edited:
DH is at 3/24. His CSR just dropped off yesterday from 2016 (PC'd to Freedom a while ago). So, the plan was to get him CSP and CSR bringing him to 5/25 until April. Now I am wondering if I should have him get the Cap 1 Spark Cash Biz now that it does not report to personal credit report. This won't mess anything up for him will it?

And am I correct that any NEW CSR's are getting billed the $550 annual fee instead of the $450?
I think I'd do Chase first if that is your main goal. You can always to Cap 1 after the MDD. Even though Chase has loosened up a bit, you'd hate to have that Cap 1 put you over and get denied for Chase if you do the Cap 1 first. I know there are some rules for approval with Cap 1, but it's not as strict as 5/24.

I think I'd do Chase first if that is your main goal. You can always to Cap 1 after the MDD. Even though Chase has loosened up a bit, you'd hate to have that Cap 1 put you over and get denied for Chase if you do the Cap 1 first. I know there are some rules for approval with Cap 1, but it's not as strict as 5/24.

Yeah - I think that may be best as to not mess anything up with the MDD. Thanks.

Quick Question...how much credit do I need to downgrade my CIP to a CIU? I only have 1K on the CIP currently. I also have 5K on a CIC and 6K on a Southwest card if I need to move things around.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way for USO. To book USO, it would come up when you search the Chase travel portal for hotels.

What some people have been doing, like for the AP rates that are typically cheaper is booking direct with the hotel using their CSR for 3x and then using the PYB feature for 1.5x so in a way doing the same thing.

USO tickets should be under the activities and you purchase them separately.
Thank You. That would work but I don't have the reserve,sorry I wasnt clear. And actually I called and I can't buy them as a package through the portal. but if I go into the portal I can book the hotel and then the tickets separately in the things to do page. Not quite as good a deal but still saves a couple hundred bucks.

Or do I have him go for the Chase Ink Biz - but that might be too much Chase in a short time?

Totally agree with @alryan . Also, I'd want to see DPs of people getting the card and it really not reporting first. I wouldn't want to be the DP I don't want to see. LOL.

Thank You. That would work but I don't have the reserve,sorry I wasnt clear. And actually I called and I can't buy them as a package through the portal. but if I go into the portal I can book the hotel and then the tickets separately in the things to do page. Not quite as good a deal but still saves a couple hundred bucks.

Which Chase UR card do you have? A Chase Sapphire Preferred, you can Pay Yourself Back at 1.25 cent per point for groceries/restaurants/home improvement. Or do you have a regular Sapphire?

Are you saying he got the card exactly 4 years ago? Because don’t forget you have to wait 4 years from when the bonus posted, not when he actually got the card. Just wanted to double check on that.

Are you saying he got the card exactly 4 years ago? Because don’t forget you have to wait 4 years from when the bonus posted, not when he actually got the card. Just wanted to double check on that.

No the bonus posted 4 years ago. Think I will wait until next week or November 2nd to apply. Want to start on a Monday just in case. Although, not sure I can get DH to call. I have downgraded most of his credit limits so he is only at $17,000 with Chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter