I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I PC from Chase Disney Premier to another Chase card? After getting into this for barely a couple of weeks, I see no benefit to keeping the Chase Disney Premier card. I did PC from Disney Rewards to Disney Premier within the last year, so not sure I qualify. I applied for CSP and was denied, but maybe PC to a CF might work? I need tips on how to do that and if it's a good idea that makes sense. Not sure if it would mess up any potential for SUBs in the future. The Disney Rewards (now Premier) is my oldest card so I want to keep it.
PCing won't get you a SUB (if that's your reasoning), nor will it prevent you from earning a SUB on a future application.
I was gonna say to PC it down to the basic card, but you might as well wait until after the next AF posts. Pretty sure you can PC id down within a month of the AF posting, and it not be charged and/or refunded. Plus you don't want to PC in less than a year, because you'll look more like a gamer

DW was approved for a CSP early last week (with my referral) and the wait for it to get here is killing me! Trying to hold off any and all purchases (even gas!) until it gets here so we can apply it towards that MSR. Sooner we hit that MSR we are going get her (with my referral) a SW card and me a CFU. We are going to have so many points when this is all over! We are non locals planning on getting annual passes to DL this year!

Can I PC from Chase Disney Premier to another Chase card? After getting into this for barely a couple of weeks, I see no benefit to keeping the Chase Disney Premier card. I did PC from Disney Rewards to Disney Premier within the last year, so not sure I qualify. I applied for CSP and was denied, but maybe PC to a CF might work? I need tips on how to do that and if it's a good idea that makes sense. Not sure if it would mess up any potential for SUBs in the future. The Disney Rewards (now Premier) is my oldest card so I want to keep it.

No, you can't PC to another card such as UR earning or hotel or airline rewards. You can go back to the basic card after a year by PC'ing.

Any other advice would require you to follow the first post guidelines to get your overall credit card picture.

As @Hoosier John mentioned, right now you should just ride it out for your year with the Premier.

If you haven't had the lesser UR cards such as Freedom or Freedom unlimited, it could explain a part of not getting approved for CSP, but without some credit card info, no one knows. Also the rules are in flux as credit card companies appear to be changing their metrics.

Here is the message I received from Chase:

Thank you for contacting Chase. It would be my pleasure to review and address your inquiry today.

Here's how it works:
- You can transfer points in 1,000-point increments to participating frequent travel programs.
- You can transfer points to accounts that belong to you or one additional household member who is listed as an authorized user on your card account.
- When you transfer points to an authorized user, they will be the only authorized user who can receive point transfers.
- For business card accounts, you can only transfer points to a frequent travel account that belongs either to you or to a business owner who is listed as an authorized user on the account.
I just did a transfer from P2 cc to my CSR, no AU and it worked fine....

Unfortunately no you can’t PC cobranded cards like Disney, SW etc to UR earning cards

Okay thanks to @platamama I am ready to begin my Amex MR pursuit. I'm going to open a Schwab brokerage and checking account first. I know I have to use a referral to get the bonus, and think I can't get a checking AND brokerage bonus - only one - but need to open both at the same time because these will be reported to my credit report. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? I'm not sure how much it matters that I have a P1/P2 for this? I think y'all have said that merging MRs is trickier than URs, so would it make sense to put both names as holders on these accounts?

We have multiple bills but the total is around $3k so it doesn’t all have to be put on one card. I think the reason I wasn’t wanting to do BoA is because you don’t get as big of a return on the bonus. If I’m doing my math correctly, I think the CFU would give us 40% by spending $500 and getting $200 back. BoA would be around 13.5% for the bonus.
I think you have to take into account the entire $3k you need to spend not just the MSR. The CFU is 40% return but only on $500. If you can do $500 on CFU and the remaining $2500 on the BOA (and of course, an additional $500 on misc. spend for the SUB), you return will be higher overall than 13.5%. I guess I'm saying that if those are your top two choices, get them both otherwise you are leaving SUB money on the table.

I think you have to take into account the entire $3k you need to spend not just the MSR. The CFU is 40% return but only on $500. If you can do $500 on CFU and the remaining $2500 on the BOA (and of course, an additional $500 on misc. spend for the SUB), you return will be higher overall than 13.5%. I guess I'm saying that if those are your top two choices, get them both otherwise you are leaving SUB money on the table.
I get what you’re saying. Our first bill due is $1200 so Dh was thinking about getting the CFU and the Amex Blue Every day and paying for half of the bill on each card. Then he was going to wait a month and apply for another card to pay for our other bills that haven’t come in yet. I think the CFU is a for sure but we aren’t 100% on getting the Amex card. I’ll look at the BoA card again and see what Dh thinks

Okay thanks to @platamama I am ready to begin my Amex MR pursuit. I'm going to open a Schwab brokerage and checking account first. I know I have to use a referral to get the bonus, and think I can't get a checking AND brokerage bonus - only one - but need to open both at the same time because these will be reported to my credit report. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? I'm not sure how much it matters that I have a P1/P2 for this? I think y'all have said that merging MRs is trickier than URs, so would it make sense to put both names as holders on these accounts?
Woo hoo!

The way I have it set up is as a joint brokerage account (and the checking too) to get both of our names on it. That way, when I redeem MRs into Schwab they will go into that brokerage account as cash, and my P2 can redeem his MRs into the same account, then I can transfer cash to the checking account if I want. So even though you can't pool your MRs together on the Amex side of things, you can pool the cash on the Schwab side of things.

There's a nuance here though. Both of you could open a Schwab account as individuals and then each of you could get a bonus (I believe the bonus is only for deposits into the brokerage account* when I go thru the link I have on Dischurners). The other thing to take into account is whether or not you would have enough assets in Schwab to qualify for a statement credit on the Platinum fee ($100 credit if you have $250K; $200 credit if you have $1M). If jointly you could reach one of those tiers, then each of your individual Schwab Plats will get the statement credit, meaning with a joint account worth $250K you could get $100 statement credit on your Plat and P2 could get $100 statement credit on their Plat. By that token, if you would have less than $250K in Schwab then it would be beneficial to open individually and get the Schwab bonus for each of you. I wasn't aware of any ref eral program when I opened our Schwab accounts back in 2015 because I probably would have gone the individual route for us. But it is simpler with the joint accounts so I'm not too sad about it. And in case one of us bites the dust, the other joint owner doesn't have to do anything since the account is already in their name.

*edit to clarify - it looks like it doesn't necessarily have to go into a brokerage account, it can go into the checking account but the checking account needs to be linked to at least one of Schwab One's products (brokerage, IRA, etc.).

Last edited:
Right now we have a trip to Vegas in August (from a cancelled May trip). It was an extended family trip with 14 of us. Looks like we will most likely cancel and wait until Vegas is more back to normal with stuff to do and open.

Looking at alternatives just for our family. Have never been to Universal and thought that might work. Looking at 5 nights. Looking at staying at the Royal Pacific because you get the line pass then. Looked online at Chase and would cost 125,000 UR"s for the 5 nights (that is with the CSR). Then I looked at getting a AP and the AP rates for the same time is $1198 for the 5 nights. So, could I just go to Home Depot and get $1500 in Visa Gift Cards and then cash out my points for that - and it would be 100,000 points? So, that would save me 25,000 points plus I would have $300 extra on the Visa. Am I figuring that right?

Another option I was looking at was staying at Margarittaville in Orlando. Either the Resort or Cottages. Has anyone ever stayed here? If so what did you think...

I feel your pain:charac2: it makes me so bitter that FM isn't considered grocery! It's the reason I don't do BCP since that's where 80%of my grocery shopping goes. I have 3 Safeway closer than FM but one pretty much has a hobo camp out front, none of them ever have a reasonable amount of checkers, and their sales prices frequently don't ring in correctly so you have to watch like a hawk to make sure your not being charged like 8$for that brick of cheese that should have been $4!

I needed to get that off my chest. 😂
me too!

Right now we have a trip to Vegas in August (from a cancelled May trip). It was an extended family trip with 14 of us. Looks like we will most likely cancel and wait until Vegas is more back to normal with stuff to do and open.

Looking at alternatives just for our family. Have never been to Universal and thought that might work. Looking at 5 nights. Looking at staying at the Royal Pacific because you get the line pass then. Looked online at Chase and would cost 125,000 UR"s for the 5 nights (that is with the CSR). Then I looked at getting a AP and the AP rates for the same time is $1198 for the 5 nights. So, could I just go to Home Depot and get $1500 in Visa Gift Cards and then cash out my points for that - and it would be 100,000 points? So, that would save me 25,000 points plus I would have $300 extra on the Visa. Am I figuring that right?

Another option I was looking at was staying at Margarittaville in Orlando. Either the Resort or Cottages. Has anyone ever stayed here? If so what did you think...

Edit. Room is not $1198 - that was for 2 people. Forgot to change Qty. For 4 it would be $1648 so probably still cheaper to cash out UR's and using AP than booking direct with Chase.

I stayed at Royal Pacific last summer and the family loved it. Used CSR travel portal to book at 1.5 CPP. We had a family of 5 so it maxed the value of the express passes you get from staying there. Loved not waiting in any lines when it is packed there except for Hagrids which is the best ride there, one of best in Florida. We choose a club level room as it wasn’t much more points with the 1.5 conversion and we got free beers and light meals for breakfast and in the evenings. Made value great. Short walk to park. We used UR to purchase 3 day park to park passes and then ended up upgrading to annual passes. Even though you get the discount being 1.5 CPP on the CSR portal Universal will give you face value of tickets to upgrade. We are going back this late July but staying off site at nine other than Margaritaville Resort Orlando. Never been there but it looks sweeet and we are huge Buffett fans so looking forward to the chill scene. Some reviews for cottages on trip advisor are not that great while the resort hotel seems to get great reviews. Might be because the cottages are individually own. FYI 30 resort fee and also a parking fee for MRO hotel. Free parking at cottages I think

I stayed at Royal Pacific last summer and the family loved it. Used CSR travel portal to book at 1.5 CPP. We had a family of 5 so it maxed the value of the express passes you get from staying there. Loved not waiting in any lines when it is packed there except for Hagrids which is the best ride there, one of best in Florida. We choose a club level room as it wasn’t much more points with the 1.5 conversion and we got free beers and light meals for breakfast and in the evenings. Made value great. Short walk to park. We used UR to purchase 3 day park to park passes and then ended up upgrading to annual passes. Even though you get the discount being 1.5 CPP on the CSR portal Universal will give you face value of tickets to upgrade. We are going back this late July but staying off site at nine other than Margaritaville Resort Orlando. Never been there but it looks sweeet and we are huge Buffett fans so looking forward to the chill scene. Some reviews for cottages on trip advisor are not that great while the resort hotel seems to get great reviews. Might be because the cottages are individually own. FYI 30 resort fee and also a parking fee for MRO hotel. Free parking at cottages I think

Thanks for the info. So many choices and the kids are not helping at all. "whatever you want mom..."

@SouthFayetteFan - any suggestions for restaurants and activities in Sanibel/Captiva? After cancelling our Disneyland trip next month, we decided to finally head to Sanibel - we are only 2 hours away and have never been!
I'm not SFF, but can I chime in with a recommendation to eat at The Island Cow?! It is by far our fave restaurant on Sanibel Island. I am glad you can't see the drool on my face right now, lol.

I'm not SFF, but can I chime in with a recommendation to eat at The Island Cow?! It is by far our fave restaurant on Sanibel Island. I am glad you can't see the drool on my face right now, lol.

Yesss!! I'd love to hear anyone's recommendations! I'm hoping more will be open by then, I'm making my list of places we need to go :)

Thank you!!

Yesss!! I'd love to hear anyone's recommendations! I'm hoping more will be open by then, I'm making my list of places we need to go :)

Thank you!!
We may be heading to Sanibel/Captiva also once we know what Disney is doing with our reservation. They are not really communicating about resort reservations past 7/10. Guess those people don't really need to be able to plan :rolleyes: I'm happy to hear recommendations on good places to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter