I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT - Does anyone know of a good camera (but not too expensive) for our trip to Alaska next summer. Thinking our I-phones will not cut it and the only other cameras we have are just some basic point and shoot ones. Looking for a Wi-Fi enabled one to transfer pics easily but something that will catch Eagles flying or Whales jumping -stuff like that.
DH got a canon G7X Mark II (I think it’s around $500) and it takes fantastic photos. We have nice DSLRs too from when we thought we wanted to be wedding photographers 🙃 and I think one does just as well.

I kind of hate the Q4 CF categories. I had such high hopes. Paypal, department stores and Chase Pay. Sigh.

I think I might be in the minority--I'm excited. Several of the nonprofits to which I belong accept PayPal and I have a small cruise payoff-around $750 so if I use Chase pay to buy WM gc, then I can use that at Sam's and knock around 9% off. Not a lot, but nothing to sneeze at either. Since I have 2 CFs, that's 15K UR with spend I'd be making already. Bring on October :)

I think I might be in the minority--I'm excited. Several of the nonprofits to which I belong accept PayPal and I have a small cruise payoff-around $750 so if I use Chase pay to buy WM gc, then I can use that at Sam's and knock around 9% off. Not a lot, but nothing to sneeze at either. Since I have 2 CFs, that's 15K UR with spend I'd be making already. Bring on October :)

Actually I could do the same thing with my small cruise payoff too.

I know others are excited at couch MS for PayPal but I don't really do that.

Seriously! Would love to know what Chase's algorithm is for instant approval on the biz cards. Between DH and me, we have (or have had) 7 Chase biz cards, and not a one of them has been through an instant approval. But never been denied either. DH's latest CIP app was the quickest yet for a non-instant approval. Applied yesterday morning, automated status line was at 2 weeks a few hours later and yesterday end of day, and he was approved as of this morning. Just mystifying to me what criteria Chase uses for instant approval vs. "we need more time."
No idea. I am fairly new to this still. As far as Chase goes - I recently got a SW Biz and SW Premier - both instant approval. Those were my first two Chase cards in years. I had another SW personal which I had for about 5 or 6 years that I cancelled before applying for the other two SW cards back in May & June and also a disney visa that I have had longer than that which I still have.

Actually I could do the same thing with my small cruise payoff too.

I know others are excited at couch MS for PayPal but I don't really do that.

I can't couch MS either-my P2 wouldn't play and my DD would keep the money, lol. But hey, anything off a DCL is a win in my book and I was dreading the renewal for one of my nonprofits so I earn URs (or cash back) while hopefully receiving some karmic brownie points. Win- win. ✨

Does anyone have the Away Large? We don’t normally do carry on (just backpacks) and I need a new full sized since one of the wheels on mine is cracking where it attaches to the hard side case. They’re so pretty but 3x the cost of the samsonite I picked up from Marshall’s 4 or so years ago.

I do! I love it. If you have any questions I can try and help

DH got a canon G7X Mark II (I think it’s around $500) and it takes fantastic photos. We have nice DSLRs too from when we thought we wanted to be wedding photographers 🙃 and I think one does just as well.

Thanks. Will look into that. Don't want a DSLR - something smaller and easy to use.

:offtopic: I want to pull my hair out!!! Obviously, it's FP booking day. To my surprise! I checked just in case I could snag the first day's worth since we have arrival night at CSR but tomorrow was supposed to be the main FP booking day for the next 3 nights of the trip (BC) of my fam's Nov trip. Went on today and all 3 of our back to back stays are eligible for FP booking. That's absolutely not how it worked last year! Seizing the opportunity I just spent 90 mins making 4 days worth of FP (CL FP for the other days thank God). 90 mins for FOUR DAYS BECAUSE THEIR TECHNOLOGY IS SO CRAP. And I had my bag of tricks, I may not have been totally mentally prepped to do this today but I had my computer, my alternate browser and my iphone working on this mess. DISNEY I KNOW THERE IS A FP FOR LIVING WITH THE LAND 65 DAYS FROM NOW BETWEEN 10-10:30 AM. I KNOW IT'S THERE YOU $#&*%&$#!!* MACHINE SO SHOW ME :headache:

...good thing I leave for a solo vacation to wdw tomorrow. I need a break from this nonsense :rolleyes1
When we went in May, I happened to log up on 64 day mark and it allowed me to start booking FP (some type of happy glitch). I was so stressed expecting them to go away once it hit 60. but it worked out fine. Ive always had good luck with FP, but I always go in expecting problems even though I have never had any.

her makeup is separate.

Thank you so much for sharing packing pictures. I’m eying a new travel backpack (love the look of the prof slim) and debating the larger away carryon. I fill my full size checked bag but it’s mostly underutilized space and laziness in packing full size toiletries because I can.

Could you share what your wife uses for makeup and does she have a travel size hair dryer she brings?

P.S. your family is gorgeous, loved the pics!!

We just got back from 6 days relaxing in Southwest FL and I received a call from SW airlines informing me that, “Because of the grounding of the Max 8s, the second leg of our flight home no longer exists.” They can put us on different flights, and I will have the opportunity to make changes x1 after this. I have been watching for flights to go down in points and saw yesterday that the HNL to MSP flights no longer existed for Dec. Flights similar to the ones I booked are available Jan-Mar. I remember @wendow having some issues recently with a decent outcome. I’m open to ideas, but might not answer much the next few days unless I have some slow shifts. One of the prices I pay for my wonderful schedule and time off is coming home to 3 twelve hour night shifts. An hour of sleep now and I’m off to take care of new moms and babies.

Last edited:
I think you’ll like it. DH was watching and I would half watch. Then I noticed I would pay more and more attention and it was hilarious. Give it try, you might need a few episodes to warm up to the characters and find their redeeming qualities.
We’re on episode 2 and I’m not into it yet lol. I’m still giving it a chance though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter