I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@calypso726 I have been conversing with the WA via e-mail regarding pre-paying some of the yacht transfers for our stay next April ($600.00 pp plus tax). They sent me a link to do a funds transfer. I then asked for a cc form to complete (I have used these many when I pay for ds's hotel stays). They responded that they don't do this and sent me a link for a bank transfer. I re-iterated that I need to pay by cc, but they stated that due to fraud prevention they need to have the physical card to put any charges on it. Not sure what I'm going to do at this point. I really wanted to use this years Aspire $250.00 resort credit towards our stay next spring. I'm awaiting their response to my last e-mail. Any suggestions? I did tell them that it will be the same card that I will have with me when we arrive in April.

roundabout Serve question. I have used Visa at Office Supply Stores for Serve. Now I need to meet a MS on a Hilton American Express. It seems I remember something about not to buy gift cards at Office Supply Stores with an AE, is that true or was it just the voices in my head. Thanks.

Ok..... like a lot of others here I find reddit confusing and hard to navigate to find info. That said I'm trying to head there to look up info before asking, but I can't find oout whats going on with AA and disney? Has something changed for the worse? Where am I supposed to look over there? (I find that site incredibly annoying)

Going back to the ebags suitcase discussion, I need suggestions. My MIL needs a roller suitcase for a check on. She is in her 80's so I need to to be lightweight and not huge. I think a soft side would be better for her. She never travels, so I'm not sure what type of a packer she is. I just know I refuse to to lug around one of her old suitcases that does not have wheels.
@calypso726 recommended this one she purchased for her mother: https://www.ebags.com/product/trave...le-carry-on-spinner/363078?productid=10688629

She mentioned it had lot of the same great feautres her TravelPro had, but with a smaller price tag.

roundabout Serve question. I have used Visa at Office Supply Stores for Serve. Now I need to meet a MS on a Hilton American Express. It seems I remember something about not to buy gift cards at Office Supply Stores with an AE, is that true or was it just the voices in my head. Thanks.

Yes, it’s strongly recommended NOT to purchase gift cards at office supply stores with Amex, especially when meeting MSR. Office supply stores (at least the ones useful to us) report level 3 data and will show Amex exactly what you’re buying.

Grocery stores (even for gc) are generally safer. I always throw in regular items to keep the cost from being a giveaway and just for good measure. Bananas work :)

Can you explain the EP after 4?
It allows you to use the EP line after 4 pm one-time for each ride. So not have lucrative as the deluxe resort EP but we are ok with it. It allows us to enjoy the pool for morning/afternoon and then head to the parks for the evening. And besides MIB, we are usually good with a single ride.

Someone in r /churning reported Q4 Chase is department store, PayPal and chase pay
Did I call it?

DEPARTMENT STORES!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-61055473
Chase Pay... one last hurrah after Chase announced it'll kill the app in early 2020. :rotfl2:

giphy.gif

PayPal! At least @SouthFayetteFan can MS this from the recliner in his basement! :lmao:
HAHA Didn't BJs have a Disney GC sale last fall that was better than the normal 4%? Maybe I will just max it out via PayPal and BJs for Disney gift cards.

The current $480 for $500 would net 2400 URs. If redeemed towards cash that would be a savings of 8.8%. If redeemed towards travel on a CSR, I am looking at 11.2%. 🤔

Someone in r /churning reported Q4 Chase is department store, PayPal and chase pay
Did I call it?

DEPARTMENT STORES!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-61055473
Chase Pay... one last hurrah after Chase announced it'll kill the app in early 2020. :rotfl2:

giphy.gif

PayPal! At least @SouthFayetteFan can MS this from the recliner in his basement! :lmao:
Ooooh I did like the paypal couch MS last year - sending "my wife" money :D. But that was when I had 4 Freedoms, muahahaha!! Now I sadly only have 2 Freedoms. Due to some PCs I'm currently sporting the following card setup:
  • Wife = CSP, CF, CSR, CFU
  • Me = CSR, CF
  • (this of course doesn't include our Chase Biz cards)
I'll still have to look into it though even on the 2 Freedoms!

Today my friends...is a GOOD day!

FIRST - It's Friday!
SECOND - It's a High School Football Friday!

Oh and yeah...a little thing happened overnight on my CIP:

And then I did a little transferring... and THIS happened:

I am once again a UR Millionaire!!! :D I thought it wouldn't be as special the 2nd time (after I spent a bunch of points and dipped under)...but NOPE I'm just as excited the 2nd time!! One of these days I'll cash out a ton of them if I can't find a better use, but a quick $10k wouldn't be bad either in a pinch!

Ooooh I did like the paypal couch MS last year - sending "my wife" money :D. But that was when I had 4 Freedoms, muahahaha!! Now I sadly only have 2 Freedoms. Due to some PCs I'm currently sporting the following card setup:
  • Wife = CSP, CF, CSR, CFU
  • Me = CSR, CF
  • (this of course doesn't include our Chase Biz cards)
I'll still have to look into it though even on the 2 Freedoms!
You just... sent the money to your wife basically, right? :)

You just... sent the money to your wife basically, right? :)
Yeah - but then I transferred that to our bank account ASAP. We aren't about to have a $1,500 eBay shopping spree on our hands 😂 😂 😂 😂

Also - this is more lucrative if you can use the URs at a 1.5cpp value. At 1cpp it's not really as great - but still probably worth the effort.

Probably extremely limited scope DP for anyone who booked a Delta Vacation they did not completely pay off with miles AND have an Arrival Plus: the charge I made on it did code as travel. Initially it did not (and I posted that it did not), but I happened to check today and it was on there (and promptly erased).

I also got the Plastiq promotion of spend $2000. My mortgage is $1850 but I guess it is not the worst thing in the world to pay a little more. I will have it paid off June 2028 but every little bit helps. DH also got the same promotion on his account. So now I guess I will be super good and pay another $2000 on our equity loan.

I might actually end up keeping our Arrivals another year. The ability to use with mortgages and Plastiq and then erase charges is tempting. Decisions...
I actually use my arrival+ for all non-cat spend right now, as well as putting my mortgage on it. My other option is CIU and I have only been using UR to cash out to cover disney or transfer to SW lately. So until that changes, my arrival+ gets me 2pts/$ and the rebate for redeeming, which is better than my current best use of URs.

We booked our weekend flight to see my brother and his family for October!! I can’t WAIT to see my two nephews. They’re absolutely adorable and I haven’t seen them since Christmas. The flight is only an hour and a half compared to an 11 hour drive. We booked by calling chase since it was an allegiant flight. The total points was 13k which I thought was pretty darn cheap!

Here’s the weird thing....when we booked our Christmas flights they let us pick seats and bags through chase by using points. The lady yesterday said they aren’t supposed to do that. So we only got the flights and have to pay for seats and bags OOP. I’m not sure how the first lady was able to do it if she wasn’t supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter