• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there different offers on the Biz cards? DH says he doesn't think we get a free night with the one he got, and now I'm all confused.

Hilton cards are notorious for their different SUBs, from different bonus points amounts, to statement credits, to the Free Weekend Night Certificate offer that ended recently.

Remember the 130,000 Hilton points + Free Weekend Night Certificate SUB offer that ran on the Hilton Surpass and Biz from about June to 8/28/19? If you signed up for that offer during that period, you’d get a FWNC along with the points once you hit the $5k MSR. Aside from that offer, you can earn a Free Weekend Night Certificate by spending $15k in a calendar year on the Surpass and the Biz.

Hilton cards are notorious for their different SUBs, from different bonus points amounts, to statement credits, to the Free Weekend Night Certificate offer that ended recently.

Remember the 130,000 Hilton points + Free Weekend Night Certificate SUB offer that ran on the Hilton Surpass and Biz from about June to 8/28/19? If you signed up for that offer during that period, you’d get a FWNC along with the points once you hit the $5k MSR. Aside from that offer, you can earn a Free Weekend Night Certificate by spending $15k in a calendar year on the Surpass and the Biz.

Ah ok, thanks. He mentioned something at 15K (which is unlikely, but I guess we could try for it) on the card. I thought DH applied when there was a high offer, but maybe not the best one I guess. Thanks for clearing that up. We don't have any Hilton plans right now, but a friend mentioned that the Tokyo Conrad was really, really nice, so maybe some day?

BZ is good, pass by on the way to work daily. Lol. Not familiar with Wildberry. Please share details.

Interesting, CIU/CIC are 6 days, other SW Biz is 3 days. :confused3
There are a few Wildberry restaurants in the area. The ones I’m familiar with: One up in Libertyville, one in Schaumburg (near Costco) and one downtown. Great breakfast and lunch. We’ve been there after soccer games at Olympic Park in Schaumburg.

1) When did you begin churning? (feel free to expound on this a little bit if you have details to share)

I don't churn, but I do use CC almost exclusively to earn travel rewards. Prior to 2016 I had the Disney Card which I would use to collect points for Disney trips. I have had the Amex Everyday since 1989 but I don't think MRs were a thing then?? Anyway, I rarely used it prior to 2016. When my DS started to express interest in attending college out of state, I began looking into CC points as a way to pay for his trips home and back to school. I got the CSP in 2016 and started using the Amex card again.

2) Are you in 1 player mode or 2 player mode?

2 player sort of - DH is reluctant. We don't plan on adding any cards to our portfolio in the near future - may not even add any in our distant future. So I guess I am actually a "0" player??

3) How many cards have you gotten total? (and how many for each player if you are in 2 player mode)

Me - 8 cards since 2016
DH - 3 cards

4) IF APPLICABLE: What is one card you have gotten that is somewhat peculiar or not mainstream?

None. I use five cards regulary - CSP, CF, CFU, Amex Everyday, Discover IT - all pretty mainstream.

5) Share any other details you think might be fun about your churning efforts.

In addition to being able to fly DS home and back to school several times a year, we have taken a few family vacations using our rewards. I do plan to continue this hobby even after my kids have graduated and no longer need the travel rewards. While I don't churn, I do earn and burn slowly. I have a good stash of MRs and URs (with some airline rewards too) that I plan to use on future travel for me and DH.

Not sure when I found this thread, but I am pretty sure it was after I got the CSP and CF. I am in awe at what some of you do with churning; it is just not for me. I don't want to always have a MSR. I put most of my organic spend (all budgeted) on my CCs and earn what I can. I have more than I need in travel rewards ready for me when I need them.

There are a few Wildberry restaurants in the area. The ones I’m familiar with: One up in Libertyville, one in Schaumburg (near Costco) and one downtown. Great breakfast and lunch. We’ve been there after soccer games at Olympic Park in Schaumburg.
I’ll have to check it out next time we go that way. Thanks. We like Juicy-O which is west/southwest suburbs. Yummy mini donuts at every table. 🥯

Navy Pier I think someone else mentioned but lots to do there. A kids museum, Ferris wheel, carousel, virtual reality ride, climbing wall, restaurants and shops. They have a pumpkin fest but it ends 11/2. They also have brunch and dinner cruises which leave from Navy Pier and speedboat tours (SeaDog). There are also food tours and sightseeing tours which leave from the pier.
There is also Shedd Aquarium which is pretty big and even has beluga whales and shark feeding. There is also Lincoln Park Zoo, which is free but costs to park if you take a car. I know you said no museums, but Museum of Science and Industry is actually pretty cool and lots of hands on. There is everything from an indoor tornado, to model trains, to an actual submarine, to a coal mine. I always loved the chick hatching exhibit too.
Ok, cool! That museum does sound fun! Will add this stuff to the list.

:offtopic:

DH and I watched the new ABC show Stumptown with Cobie Smulders from How I Met Your Mother. First two episodes were really good. We’re looking forward to watching next week.

And did anyone catch Modern Family this week? The refrigerator scenes were hilarious. We both laughed out loud a few times.

:offtopic:

DH and I watched the new ABC show Stumptown with Cobie Smulders from How I Met Your Mother. First two episodes were really good. We’re looking forward to watching next week.

And did anyone catch Modern Family this week? The refrigerator scenes were hilarious. We both laughed out loud a few times.
Yes! I thought Stumptown was going to be silly, but it is my favorite new 60 minute show that premiered this year. Great music too!!

I also enjoyed Modern Family. It has been a favorite for a long time, but the past few seasons weren't as funny to me. This last one has been great so far! Jay revealing he wanted to be a dancer to the fridge was priceless.

Yes! I thought Stumptown was going to be silly, but it is my favorite new 60 minute show that premiered this year. Great music too!!

I also enjoyed Modern Family. It has been a favorite for a long time, but the past few seasons weren't as funny to me. This last one has been great so far! Jay revealing he wanted to be a dancer to the fridge was priceless.

Same! I didn’t think I’d like it but the music in the previews sucked me in.

I really want a fridge to cook with and enjoy cocktails with. Oh and sing duets with!

Now I want to go to Chicago...
C’mon over. :wave:
I'm going to say 10/5. Seems like SW Biz follows the +3 like personals from what I've been seeing. My Biz Premier does the +3 and I've seen reports from the Biz Performance of the same.
I’m hoping. Not that waiting 3 more days will kill me but as soon as I have the points, CP is done. Plus my CIP should close tomorrow with 80k UR’s. :cool1:
ETA. My (DH) Biz Performance is 3 days, our other biz are 6.

Depending on the weather, Brookfield Zoo is awesome. It's kind of on the way to MDW too.
Out in Schaumburg area, if you're looking for breakfast places, you can't go wrong with Walker Brother's or Wildberry.
Thank you!
I'm curious what other people like, we have stayed at the Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossing, which has free parking and breakfast, easy drive to the parks. It's a 4. It's in an undeveloped area. I see that the Gaylord Palms and Orlando World Center are 5's but I've never stayed at either.
thank you. I think @Judique has stayed at some Marriott properties too, so maybe she will come along with info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter