I lost my Mother, How will I go on?

Laura - Its hard to find people in the real world who can relate. Unfortunately, people have no clue how devastating such a loss is until they experience it themselves. I find myself gravitating to those who have experienced a loss themselves to talk about it because only they really get it. You come here any time you need to talk about your feelings, we're here.

I know I have thought too that maybe i should go talk to a professional to sort out my feelings about losing my parents, because often I wonder if I will get past it.

Nana - you have experienced too much loss yourself. My heart really goes out to you. I cannot imagine losing a child. Hugs.

Sandy - I am 40 and I feel also like I am far too young to not have at least one parent. I get jealous a lot when I see people older than me enjoying things with their parents, like a trip to Disney, shopping at the mall, holidays, the list goes on. Thats when I feel like I will never stop feeling the loss. And why I probably need a therapist!

Hugs everyone.

I get jealous to. I cannot stand to hear others complain about there parents!
They are so darn lucky but they cant appreciate it. Such is life tho.
Its all a learning process.

My DH was irritated last night because his father called and repeated somethings he has already told us. What I would give for my mother to
call me and tell me things she has already told me. I told my DH,

"Please, please enjoy every minute you have left with your parents, they wont be here forever. You father is getting old and he dosent have as much to talk about as he used to. Thank God he is here and calling you even if hes repeating some things."

Then theres other family members that wont even come home for the holidays or other times of the year. How much time do they think they have left? Will it be enough? 100 years isnt enough.

For me, nothing has been more important than spending time with the ones I love. Im feel lucky to have learned that in my 30s.

It like the song by Tim Mcgraw...I hope you get the chance to Live Like You Were Dying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter