• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I know height requirements are strict, but how accurate are the measurements?

YES!! Exactly this!! Some people on this thread seem to be missing that point. Height restrictions are for safety, we all agree with that, and that is easy to explain to children. But when they're tall enough to pass the test at the front of the line, and fail at the back of the line, and no matter how straight or tall they stand and after using all the tricks on this thread (morning versus night etc) they're still too short - that is not right. And that inconsistency is what bothers me.

If a child is thisclose to the "right" height, there may be times where something like standing a bit different means a bad measure versus a good measure. Unless Disney finds a way to measure without using humans to do it, and until there is a way to make a child stand exactly the same each time, there may be different outcomes between the front of the line and the back of the line.

Dd was able to ride all the 44" rides at barely 44" barefoot EXCEPT mission space. For some reason she wasn't 44" for that one.

If your child is right there or borderline for the height requirement, be prepared to be measured every single time. In fact, just measure them in front of the cm automatically to avoid any delays in line. They'll make them take off hats or headbands but not shoes in my experience. My dd was even wearing red glitter Jessie cowgirl boots that gave her an obvious extra couple inches one day and they didn't make her take them off.

omg, this is exactly the post I was looking for-we have the red glitter boots and DD is 41 1/2 barefoot, but over 42 w/boots-the only 42 inch ride that she'll want to do is FOP and this gives me hope!!!! all other rides are either 40 or less or over 44 and that isn't happening!!! thanks!!!

Make sure to measure at the first chance you get and be sure, at universal they “measured” our son and said he’s fine for Jurassic Park and then we waited on line just for the second check to tell him he wasn’t tall enough and we couldn’t go on so my husband ended up riding alone

omg, this is exactly the post I was looking for-we have the red glitter boots and DD is 41 1/2 barefoot, but over 42 w/boots-the only 42 inch ride that she'll want to do is FOP and this gives me hope!!!! all other rides are either 40 or less or over 44 and that isn't happening!!! thanks!!!

Flight of Passage is a 44" height requirement.

PP is correct:

FOP is 44inches:
upload_2018-3-22_17-18-14.png

The poster you originally quoted mentioned their child met the height requirement (or just barely) but when they were barefoot. You're talking about your child who will not meet the height requirement barefoot and wearing shoes that would significantly increase their height is not advisable.

What was funny is that I prepared my daughter to stand upright as she just reached 48 inches for Rn'R but before we did that we were at Fort Wilderness and going to do the pony rides and they said there is a MAX of 48 inches but my daughter still stood as tall as she could to were she was over the sign. Without me saying anything they let her ride the pony anyway as she is probably in the 10th percentile of weight at most. They should really have a scale to determine who can ride the ponies instead of a ruler if the concern is the welfare of the pony but I understand the difficulty of explaining to some kids why they can't ride.

I see where the OP was going with this post. My 48 inch son and I were at a local candle store that did wax hands. The sign said you had to be 48 inches to participate. I didn’t even think to measure him against their sign because it wasn’t a ride but a bin of warm wax! After waiting in line the employee took us back to measure against their sign and he was about 5 inches too short. Ummmmm. He didn’t shrink 5 inches in the day, your sign is off. Just make the sign say “you must be as tall as this line” to participate. Of course Disney can’t do this because we all plan our trips 14 years in advance. But I think the point is, are these measuring sticks accurate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter