i got a discount for dec on new site

disneyw/kids said:
Has anyone gotten a Garden view room at the Poly for Dec all i am getting is lagoon view??

Yes, but at rack rates. I went for it hoping that later, a discount would be applied. We'll see what happens!!

My POR ressie was discounted so at least I got that.

I think this program is working out better than most people thought it would. I still don't have my voucher, so I can't book yet. But, my question is this. If the site says that you will pay the lowest price how can they run out of that price?

tjmouse - when you took the rack rate was there somewhere to enter your passholder #?? That was the problem that I had when I did mine. There was no where to put the passholder # so it is not on the passholder best rate program. That's why I had to call reservations.

I actually liked being able to book online, it did take some time but I did not have to hold for 2 hrs for them to say they were sold out. For those of you looking for AKL early Dec they had a lot of selections of different rooms. I booked Poly only had lagoon view choice but that is what we wanted anyway.

No, I didn't enter my passholder ID, however, I was logged onto the passholder website.

Now, my confirmation says "Your deposit is not refundable" and also says "Passholder must present his or her valid pass at check in". So, that leads me to believe that my reservation IS indeed a passholder reservation.

My next question is, if someone else got a better rate and I did reserve through the passholder program, aren't I guarenteed that rate?

I am sooo confused.

Ok now i am really confused, I was able to book the Poly Nov 30-Dec 4 lagoon view room at 367 (includes tax). My friend trying at the same time to book her Poly room for same dates tells her at the top that a "Passholder" Rate is not available and to book at "standard" rate or change dates or resort?????
So i guess there are a limited # of passholder rooms?

disneyw/kids said:
Ok now i am really confused, I was able to book the Poly Nov 30-Dec 4 lagoon view room at 367 (includes tax). My friend trying at the same time to book her Poly room for same dates tells her at the top that a "Passholder" Rate is not available and to book at "standard" rate or change dates or resort?????
So i guess there are a limited # of passholder rooms?

That's what I am thinking, that there are a limited number. However, it says that if you book through the site, you are guarenteed the lowest rate! So, how can they do that? Wow, talk about confusing and frustrating!!!

tjmouse said:
Keep trying! I had POR come up rack rate 4 times and then, voila, passholder rate.

Finally! I got the good rate back and grabbed it - it's a done deal and it's a savings over my AAA rate, so I can live with it (even though I'm hoping for it to drop some more! -one can hope!). As it is right now, it's not quite as good an AP discount as what they offered this summer during regular season, so I'm thinking there may be hope for further reduction since I'm going in value season.

Just reserved the Floridian (12/3/05-12/10/05) for $311/night with tax. Rack rate is $389.13 w/tax. Saved just about $550 in all for 7 nights :cool1:

That's where I was confused. How can 1 room be $94. and the other be $149.00 (with tax). I booked one with my AP and one with my husband's AP. If you are guaranteed the lowest price - I just don't get it??? Anyway the real problem is that when it came up to book at the standard rate, there was no where on the booking confirmation that showed the Passholder Best Rate Program - so if they don't know that he is a passholder how will they ever reduce the rate. Hence the phone call to reservations and another hour involved. Also to be safe we took the water view room so if cheaper rates come out later we will still be paying more for that room.

tjmouse said:
That's what I am thinking, that there are a limited number. However, it says that if you book through the site, you are guarenteed the lowest rate! So, how can they do that? Wow, talk about confusing and frustrating!!!

It says you are guaranteed the lowest rate offered to the general public not the best rate. It seems like the rooms available are really, really, limited.

and just a heads up, I was told that they were showing "false availibilty" at CSR don't know about other resorts. I booked CSR and my confirmation came back saying CBR.

So here I am also confused-you are guaranteed the best "general"public rate right? So if someone has a better AP rate that wouldn't qualify?

Also, when is your final payment due-on check in?

I have yet to find anything at the MK resorts other than the GF for my dates of 12/2 to 12/7. We were hoping to split a stay with AKL with WL, CR or Poly - not too picky - and there is nothing. If I re-arrange and stay at AKL first it's not a problem but that means I will have to change our MVMCP dates, etc., etc. Can't get Poly GV for any of my dates, however. Anyone else get an MK resort during those dates?

Heck, I can't get a deluxe at all from 12/6 to 12/10. All the AP rates are gone. Amazing that they are gone the first day the website is working. Hmmm.

dcgrumpy-who told you that they were showing "false availability" at CSR? I also booked CSR last night but my confirmation does say CSR . Today the AP rate is only for waterview or not at all when I've looked again. Since I received my room for 121.00 wouldn't you think that they would have to give you the CSR rate too??? This really is getting confusing :sad2:
Katypop

I was able to book Poly Nov 30-Dec 4, but they offered lagoon view. I went back to book a room for a friend (yes she does have an AP, just can't access disney.com from her work) 15 min later and was not able to get any deluxes at all, and then 30 min later i could get AKL. Does not make sense.

Katypop - I think they are still limiting the number of AP rooms that are available. It's the only thing that makes sense. There's no where that says that anyone with an AP is guaranteed a space in the best rate program. You still have to be able to scoop the space when they come up. At least that's the best that I can figure. After you are "in" then you get the best rate plan. I wish they would work the bugs out and then explain a little better. I ended up with a room booked for myself and daughter at CSR today for standard view for $104 (with tax) and then right away tried to book for my husband and son-in-law and ended up having to take a water view room because no other availability was there using the passholder best rate program. You gotta be fast - this was within the hour of the December rates becoming available on the TA site!

OK - so you are only saving $60 at this point. There is a good chance you will save more in the future since you will be guaranteed the lowest possible rate that is given for that time. If you had to change your reservation and your new ressie didn't cost less money, then you dont even have to pay the $50 change fee. If you DID have to change and were charged the fee, you would still have already gained $10 (minimum - since you might get a deeper discount automatically this way). Either way, unless you think you would completely cancel a trip and not go back within 12 months, I dont see how you would be shorting yourself here to change over to the AP discount plan versus AAA.

lllovell
You got me thinking and you were right, it is $60 savings, that is a dinner at Ohana for my husband and I! We already have our airfare booked and we have our tickets to MVMCP so I went ahead and contacted my DU agent Kelsie and had her book the AP rate. If the rate goes down, great, if not we are still getting a great discount over the rack rate.

I just booked Animal Kingdom Lodge 2 Dec through 7 Dec. Standard Savannah was not available but I was able to get Deluxe Savannah for $301.00 (includes taxes) per night. However, while I was checking back and forth, it kept switching to no passholder rates available. However, when I got that screen, I just went to the history in the "Back" button, pulled up the screen that had the best guest rate, and booked that one. Went through just fine and I received email confirmation so, don't give up. Just keep trying. A bit more than I'm accustomed to paying but I have the larger deluxe room and am staying longer than usual so it seems a fair rate to me. Especially since the rack rate for Standard Savannah view was running about $7.00 more a few days ago.

katypop said:
dcgrumpy-who told you that they were showing "false availability" at CSR? I also booked CSR last night but my confirmation does say CSR . Today the AP rate is only for waterview or not at all when I've looked again. Since I received my room for 121.00 wouldn't you think that they would have to give you the CSR rate too??? This really is getting confusing :sad2:
Katypop

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with CRO today. They said there is nothing available but keep checking today. Now it's showing availibilty at rack rate. I am furious at this point. I would have booked another mod, but we have extended family going and we're all booked at CSR already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter