i got a discount for dec on new site

kmc

Xlet's start todayX
i am so happy right now i booked this morning for dec 14-18 at WL $160(not including tax) for a woods view..thats $70 off per night :cool1: good luck to everyone else trying(it took me a couple of times to make it go through and then it said my time expired so i actually still had to call cro to make sure it went through and it did :cool1:

ack - jones ...are you kidding? lol after all the discussion here, maybe you aren't....but she is talking about the new "Best Rates" program that you access through the passholder's page on the WDW website.

I just saw your post so I went to the passholder website to try out my dates 12/4-12/9. The Poly Lagoonview is 367.96 per night including tax, this is only $12 per night less than the AAA rate I have now. We are staying 5 nights that would only be a savings of $60.00 I do not think I'll go with the passholder rate with the non refundable deposit.
However, if I had booked a rack rates $446.00 with tax the 367.96 would have been a great deal!

they are talking about the Passholder section of the WDW site where you log in with your AP or voucher and then click on special offers.

helenk said:
I just saw your post so I went to the passholder website to try out my dates 12/4-12/9. The Poly Lagoonview is 367.96 per night including tax, this is only $12 per night less than the AAA rate I have now. We are staying 5 nights that would only be a savings of $60.00 I do not think I'll go with the passholder rate with the non refundable deposit.
However, if I had booked a rack rates $446.00 with tax the 367.96 would have been a great deal!

OK - so you are only saving $60 at this point. There is a good chance you will save more in the future since you will be guaranteed the lowest possible rate that is given for that time. If you had to change your reservation and your new ressie didn't cost less money, then you dont even have to pay the $50 change fee. If you DID have to change and were charged the fee, you would still have already gained $10 (minimum - since you might get a deeper discount automatically this way). Either way, unless you think you would completely cancel a trip and not go back within 12 months, I dont see how you would be shorting yourself here to change over to the AP discount plan versus AAA.

Does anyone know the rate for moderates for early December yet?
I still can't get in with my voucher :badpc:

OK - I just checked for rates during my stay Dec 16-24. I discovered that if I left the best offer and checked another resort, then came back, the rate had gone up. I kept trying and it just kept going up - on each of the 2 I was checking. So if you see a good rate on your first try - jump on it. I regret that I didn't jump on my first one! It would have saved me $300 over my AAA rate - now I can't get it back. AACCKKK! This just isn't right!

the site is definitely having a lot of problems today because before i booked the WL rate i played around with different choices checked CR and it was also $70 off per night and then checked a few min later and it was rack rate..the cm i spoke to(because i wasn't even sure if mine went through or not and actually had to get my confirmation from them) said that so many people are calling because it is working for some not for others or like me worked for every part except confirming my reservation..she also told me they were told this morning that the best rate online system will be the lowest rate and if there are still discounted rooms available through the call in method they would definitely be at a higher rate..but with all things disney i use the word "definitely" loosely...good luck to all trying :wizard:

Don't give up. I had the same problem for awhile....then suddenly, my first lower offer came back!!! I had to exit the passholder site completely and log back in.

Let's see. We're at a moderate for 11/28-12/4 (6 nites) Rack rate was about $1100...AAA brought it down to $716 ($119/night) and this new Best rate program got me $629 (~$105/night) Not a huge savings over AAA...but who knows, it might decrease. :confused3 and I figure the ~ $90 savings over AAA will pay for a meal. We know our dates are cast in stone at this point so that's not a problem. If anything, we'd add a night if we couldn't get our flights to cooperate and that would be giving Disney more $$ so as I understand the new system...we wouldn't be charged any changing fees. So..I"m on board and in the system.

I also looked up the value resorts.. The deal is $67/night (incl tax) for the 6 nights = $400. Now that's a deal! :earseek:

Also, I tried for WL and it wouldn't come up at all, kept offering "best match" somewhere else. I'm kicking myself now for not grabbing that low rate at CR. I tried again, and got the "no AP rates available" at CR. I did figure out the lower than AAA rate, and it worked out to be $194 with tax for standard wing room - not as good as rates they were offering this summer during regular season, and my dates are value season. I'm really reluctant to commit to this until I see someone get a rate that is actually less than what they booked with this - so I can see they really will reduce the rate. And I'm definitely going, have more than 120 days, and am pretty set on which resort I want - so I fit the "criteria" to use this - and I feel iffy about it - so I wonder how many are really going to commit to this without seeing a "real" rate?

I just booked a Fort Wilderness cabin for early December and got a rate of $164 per/night. Rack rate is $234 per/night so that is a savings of $70 or about 30% off.

I just checked mine from Nov 27 - Dec 2. I am paying 345 for 5 nights at ASMo with my AAA discount.

The new "best rate program" will save me $11.60 total as the price is $333.40

I have time yet to determine if this is a route I want to go. Almost worth the 11 extra to not have to worry about a non-refundable deposit.

Hmm.. all quite interesting. It would appear that different rates are showing up at different times. Could be an adaptive mechanism at work... or just some tuning in the background.

Anyway, something positive besides the fact that discounted rates are indeed appearing: it seems that it correctly handles 5 people for POR! We have 2 adults, 2 two year olds, and a 16 year old. Put the infoin and it allows the 5 and only offers POR. One major hurdle cleared to online booking. Now if they would just do someting about the stupid deposit we might get somewhere. Tying together time off, air lines, and room reservations is tough enough without having to think twice before reserving...

I had booked 2 rooms for myself, husband and kids at Coronado Springs (as a travel agent but no TA discount) last week over the phone and he said we would be able to apply AP rates later if they came out. Then out comes the new system where you have to book online. So I cancel the 2 rooms because I saw that you could book December on line now. I also take a hit every time I buy something US and convert it and then get a refund a convert it back (boohoo). Anyway I go on the travel agent site and book the first room using my AP and my credit card and get a rate of $94.00. You can only book 1 room per AP. So then I book the second room with my husband's AP and get a rate of $134.00 and they say there are no more rooms available at the AP Best Rates Program. So I tried 2 more times and decide that I better grab it so that we don't end up at completely different resorts. The problem is that because this is rack rate, they don't even have a place to enter your AP# - which means they won't reduce the rate if a new one comes up. Then I call our disney booking line and they know nothing about this new program (but he was so nice). He talked to guest services and then came back and said all the rooms in that category are already booked but they had water view for $121.00 (with tax). I don't even know the price before tax because I thought I'd better grab it while I can. Now you can't even get the water view room because I just looked again. Anyway, they said they would refund the difference from the $149.00 to the $121.00 but I will take another "exchange hit". Total time involved - 2 hours. Do I have what I want - no! This is frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter