i got a discount for dec on new site

We bit the bullet and decided to try the new best rate program.
We were able to secure WL from Dec. 11th to Dec. 20th for $129 w/o tax.
With taxes and 4 adult occupancy our price per night is $199.60 for standard room.

This is a great deal for us because we previously planned a split stay between POR and WL to save money because we couldn't afford a deluxe for 9 nights. Now with the discount of $50 a night we can afford the WL our entire stay.

Now I just have to cancel my two original reservations. (I currently have three)

I need an AP to get these Best Rates, right? Where can I purchase an annual pass, and will I just get a voucher, or will I get the actual card? Thanks

skiingwife said:
I need an AP to get these Best Rates, right? Where can I purchase an annual pass, and will I just get a voucher, or will I get the actual card? Thanks

You can purchase AP on line thru WDW - they'll mail you a voucher that you will activate at the park. Unless you plan to get the AP because you are planning to go into the park for more than 10 days, I wouldn't get it just to get the room discount. By the time you get the voucher in the mail, the "best rate" discounts may be gone. They'll probably still offer an AP rate, but it's all a gamble as far as the discounted room rates go.

mom_rules said:
Any better luck today?

i've got to say the new system really requires a lot of time and persistence..yesterday i tried to get WL the first time came up rate rate, second only wood view was available so i tried to book it 3 times but it wouldn't go through-tried again and nothing but rack rate! the fourth time i tried all views came up with a discount but after all my info was put in it said my session timed out
:confused3 so i called and they had to book it on the phone

well last night i was trying to see if i could get pop for the night we arrive..i tried all night at various times and none of the vaules had a discount..same thing this morning..then i tried around 11 and pop had the $59 rate so i tried to book it..and again 3 times and when it came to put my credit card info it just wouldn't go through so once again i had to call(the first 2 cms said they could not help or access the website :confused3 and for me to keep trying finally the third cm booked it for me :wizard:

the bottom line is one second there is one view available, then none, then all views...the cm said she could not answer why this keeps happeneing or why i could not book it on my computer but thank goodness mine is all taken care of so im done with that website for now anyway but i wish eveyone good luck and keep trying because from what the cm said i think there are plenty of rooms available its the system that isn't working quite right yet

Well, after getting a rate (but not booking), then the rate disappearing into cyberspace, then coming back and not letting you complete the booking last night to finally being able to get through this morning. I think they are having a few glitches!
Kudos to all the TA's out there bustin'their humps to get these rates for their clients!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter