I don't want to wait a whole year, so.....

Me like Patrick??? Patrick who???Inseparable????Are you crazy??? LOL!!!

hehehehehe!!!!

He helps that other one beat up on me....no way do I like the man....lol

I'll definately be there with the 3 girls, they were talking about maybe going to Sesame Place..neat waterpark for the younger kids. Hershey Park sounds like fun, I haven't been there since before I was married.

We went to Hershey Park last year. Lightening Racer is awesome, but so is their Wildcat! They also have Great Bear, a suspended coaster, and an old woodie, Comet, I think that gives a good ride. There's a couple of other coasters there, too, but we didn't like them as well. Oh, and their Wild Mouse is good, too.

Kennywood is a nice little park, but based on our experience there DO NOT go there on Friday night! The crowd that came in at 5 PM was extermely rough! It was fine all day, then all of a sudden......phew! We just got out of there fast. It is a pretty long drive across PA to get there from Barb's, so I don't think we will be doing that one. I hear their newest coaster, Phantom's Revenge is a pretty good ride, though.

Knobels is a small, historic family park with a great carousel (one of the 2 we've found where you can still catch the brass ring - the other being at Coney Island). They have 2 great coasters, the Phoenix, and a new woodie whose name escapes me now because I haven't ridden it yet. Phoenix has incredible air time, especially from the back. :bounce:

Dorney is a definite for us because it's, well, right there! Besides, I really liked Steel Force, I want to ride their new suspended coaster, Talon, and they have a great waterpark.

I'm thinking at this point we will drive East from Dorney to Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ because it is also a great park with about 10 coastyers (I think) and a drive through Safari. We will probably also have Six Flags seasons passes again. It's also a fairly short drive from Allentown to NJ, and on the way home, sort of, for us.

Barry, we'd love to have you join us at any of the parks we're going to, & anyone else who wants to come, too. Oh, and Barry, I promise NO SCAVENGER HUNTS! :earseek:

So I think after all Nancy's park reviews here, the itinerary we will be following for Barb-Con is:
Fri 7/26 - Drive to PA. Check in at Comfort Inn. Opening reception?????
Sat 7/26-Meet at Barb's
Sun 7/28 - Farewell Breakfast meet at Barb's???? (are you doing that, Barb?)
Drive to Dorney for 4PM admission (we may go earlier if we get Cedar Point season
passes :D Dorney is open till 10 PM.
Mon 7/29 -Dorney Park
Tues 7/30 - Six Flags Great Adventure
Wed 7/31 - Great Adventure Animal Safari, maybe some time in park then drive home :(

I might fly in on the Saturday before Barb Con and leave on Sunday afternoon. That'll give me about 8-9 days of fun! I may take a day off on Monday just to recover. I wish I had an extra day off from DIS Con to recover! :)

Originally posted by glo
Me like Patrick??? Patrick who???Inseparable????Are you crazy??? LOL!!!

hehehehehe!!!!

He helps that other one beat up on me....no way do I like the man....lol

Well see what I mean- I go out of my way to be nice and this:confused: Well we will see what happens next time I cross her path:smooth: Barb its hopeless, we do nothing but fight, and thats ok:D

Patrick I think you have a bum rap...I have a photo as to who has been truly harrassing Ms. Glo. Just let the picture be the evidence.

opening%20reception3.JPG

Hey now...I was just swatting a fly that had landed on sweet innocent glo's head. I'm innocent I tell ya.

Ya know....., we usually try and plan a summer trip to visit relatives in CT and NY. I also have an uncle in Wyomissing, is that anywhere near you Barb?

WOW! Nancy, I can't believe you have this all mapped out already! Yes, I thought we'd do something Friday night, for who ever's here. Don't know what yet, that will come later. Saturday is the picnic and Sunday we can do some sort of brunch type thing at my house before everyone goes their own way.
Barry, Allentown is the closest airport (& the most convenient) to me. I am northwest of Philly. Closest bigger town would be Pottstown. If anyone is an American Legion baseball fan, they would know the town of Boyertown. (which is closer, still) It's a huge baseball town when it comes to Legion ball.
Leslie, Wyomissing is about 35 minutes from me. So, it's not far at all. I shop at the malls in Wyomissing all the time.
FYI-there are no straight roads in PA, and you can't get there from here. Rules to live by if you live in PA. :) :)
Great, Steve! How cool!! :D
OMG, Pat, that is a great picture! John, you look practically devious!! ;) See, I knew Patrick couldn't be as bad as all that! :p :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter