I don't want to wait a whole year, so.....

Barb

A DIS Original!
you guys want to have a get together here during the summer?? My family will think I've flipped my lid, but who cares. How about sometime in mid to late July or early August?? What'd think?

Checking airfare for Boise to Barto as we speak. :D

Hey, what if we all just invade Chicago or somewhere like that....somewhere in the middle? :D

:::checking airfare for Boise to Chicago:::

:::checking airfare for Boise to Orlando:::

:::just checking airfare for Boise to anywhere::: :D

<font face="comic sans ms"> My heart is saying yes, but my posterior is saying, "You aren't even home from this trip, and I'm tired of you sitting on me. " :p

The other problem I foresee is this: We will have to behave ourselves better if we're actually at somone's home. Hmmm. I'll have to see if I think I can behave. :D </font>

OMG, you guys are so funny! :)
Jay, of course you can come. It wouldn't be the same without you, and the family! :D
Tia, you'll never find airfare to Barto!!!!! LOL I can spit from one end of the town to the other! (no, I really wouldn't do that!) I fly out of Allentown, PA. It's only 30 minutes from my house. You can fly to Philly, too. But that's a hour and half to me.
Dayna, I would never ask you to behave! What fun would that be!?!?!? Besides, you don't have to be on your best behavior here. We're VERY laid back. All I ask is that you flush the toilets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
I have a pool, not a big one, but enough for swimming in shifts. LOL We have a pond with fish, frogs, and maybe a snake. (ick) We have plenty of room for volleyball, softball, or whatever. (be nice)
But, if it would be easier to meet in the middle, we can do that, too. (hey, isn't there a song about meeting in the middle?!) I just don't want to wait for a whole year to come around again!!!!!

I don't know Barb. Let's see if someone in the middle can top THAT! ;)

Okay...:::checking airfare from Boise to Allentown:::

:::checking airfare from Boise to Philly:::

:D :D :D

Ohhhhh, can we come too???? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I always flush the toilets! :D We can drive to Barto, & maybe go to Dorney Park & ride some coasters while we're in the area! :bounce: I definitely want to be in on this one! Put Barry & I on your list please! :wave:

I doubt your house is big enough for all of us, so what is nearby to book a room? See, I'm planning already!

Mmmmmmm, I love your COMMANDO style Nancy. :D

I can't wait another year, either...which is why I plan to return in April. :)

At some point in the summer I will drive my kids to church camp near Johnstown, PA. I want to hang out on the east coast afterwards to meet DISers.....so maybe Barto could be on THAT trip! :)

OK Barb's house is BIG!!!! Her yard is real BIG so you can all put up tents....oh by the way if everyone coming to Barb's house this summer I'll definately be there, but I'll have to bring the girls. Little Zach would have 3 built in baby sitters.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Is Barto closer to Cleveland than Cape Cod? If the answer is yes, then I'll be there. Perhaps I should plan to have another Memorial Day DISmeet at my house. Maybe I should ask Sue first. :)

Yeah Barb! Hmmm....have to check how far is Blacksburg, VA is to Barto, PA, but a definite possibility. So much fun last weekend, a year is too far away. Can't wait to see our GF tea pictures!

I am about 90 minutes northwest of Philly. We're about that same distant from Hershey, too. We're 35-40 minutes from Reading (the outlet capital of the world) and about 35-40 minutes from Allentown (think Billy Joel song). We're also about 25-30 minutes from Dorney Park, which is an amusement park owned by the same people as Cedar Point. Centrally located to all sorts of interesting things, including Pennsylvania Dutch Country if you're into things like trains, outlets and great food. Lancaster has some great train attractions-model and full size. :)
I'm more than willing to have a get together here, if you all think you want to work on this. :D

Well you're just a hop, skip and a jump from here. I make it to Hershey in about 3 1/2 hours. Sounds like fun. Been wanting to take the kids to Lancaster, hmmm, this could work.:)

Hey, John! Does this mean I have to plan another Cedar Point & Six Flags WoA trip this Memorial Day? And yes, Barto is definitelycloser for you than Cape Cod! :crazy:

Barry, you've got to put Dorney on your park itinerary. :D Maybe we can organize some parks meets along with going to Barb's.

Now about those tents...... Iwill NEVER get Barry to stay in a tent. He is from Brooklyn & far too much a city boy for that to happen. I'll pull out the AAA book & start looking there for someplace to stay.

I talked to Sue about bringing the family and making a weekend of the event. Perhaps we could visit Philly or Easton during our trip eastward. Who knows. I also mentioned Memorial Day to Sue and she thought that it would be a lot of fun to make our picnic an annual event.

Gee, since I'm somewhere between TC and Barb (being about 20 miles up river from Pittsburgh), I'm within driving distance of both. Hmmmmm, this could work! LOL

Ok, now we're talking!!!! :D The best hotel near me would be the Comfort Inn in Pottstown. That's only 15 minutes from me and it's very nice. We need to come up with a good date for everyone. Should it be a Saturday/Sunday event or just one day?
Hey, John, we might just be able to make a Memorial weekend trip! :)

If you can make the meet sometime during the first week of June, I can concencide the trip with a trip the Coaster Mania at Cedar Point. Coaster Mania occurs on the first Friday of June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter