Hurricane Update....

GotAnyPins

<font color=navy>Raul's "much" better half<br><fon
Most of the Central Fl Schools will be closed from Friday on ...so many of them were shelters during Charley....they are telling people on the coast if they are in mobile homes to evacuate , and now would be a good time....

They also said that the storm would sit over us for 18-20 hrs...during that time we would be having tropical storm, or hurricane force winds...since this is a slower moving storm then Charley...who buzz sawed through Central Fl in a few hrs...

This is a bigger storm then Andrew, and almost as big as Floyd..so this is not something to be taken lightly...it is almost impossible to buy plywood, or generators...people have been in lines for hours, sometimes over night. Lowes and Home Depot lumber areas, were open all last night to get people what they needed..

If you are flying in to the Orlando area Mon or Tues.. I would watch the outcome closely...last time the airport was closed for a couple of days because of damage to planes, and the airport itself...

Being a woman..Frances could make a wig or a wag, and we are to watch it closely..it could do a Charley, and change course at the last minute...he was 150 miles off of his projected course...

So pls pray for all your Dis friends down here, and send Frances packing off into the ocean.....

I figured I would post while I had a quiet
moment.

All of our prayers are with everyone and we
need Frances to really stay over water and
head back out.

South Florida after Andrew goes into hurricane
mode right away. The stores are filled and
every register is open. Batteries are low and
so are cases of water and wood. Home Depot
was going strong this morning.

We really really hope that the high that is out
there goes away quickly and the storm will
head more north.

Well, major hugs to everyone and please check
in as much as possible!!!! We need to make
sure everyone is ok, we will be thinking of you
until Frances is gone.

Take Care!!!!

Dana :)

Donna, you need to go back to work!!!!!!
This is not a real job!!!!!!

Dana...you had a quiet moment at "your house".......this is bigger news then Frances!!!!!!
I'll call channel 7!

Oh, yes the hurricane update....it's big, it's coming, hide the kitty, lock up your dog, duct tape your wife, si el gato esta en fuego, hose her down!!!!!!!!
Batten down the hatches!!!!!...go below, get in the tub.................

I AM going to work....in about an hr....Disney should be in "readiness" mode by now...they don't fool around...

I hope you don't mind....we listed your condo as a shelter..You know....one more bathtub to fill, and a place for the kitties....;)

Is it November 30th yet?

My thoughts & prayers are with everyone in any hurricane path. Floyd wrecked havoc when it finally came ashore; Isabel was different, but also destructive - I don't care to repeat those experiences.

I got an email this morning from some friends near Miami. They survived Andrew & don't plan to be around the area for Frances. They are heading out this afternoon.

talk about anxiety ridden....and poor Donna hasn't even gotten one of my crazed emails yet!!!!!!!!

I have decided to buy duct tape, tarps , toilet paper and desitin..figure I will be in the bathroom already... ****ing my brains out, so I want it to be as comfy as possible.

Can someone PLEASE remind me why I thought snow blizzards in PA were so bad?

:crazy: <~~~ sad thing, I really DO look like that right now...and it is only Wednesday!!!!!!!!!

These boards are not for that kind of ****ing!!!!!!!....PLEASE!!!

<crawling into a corner with head bowed>

I am not sure if Manny just yelled at me or he is being funny....is there a difference? :tongue:

Sarcastic!!!!!.......I am usually the one getting those notices like the one I posted!!!!!.....by no faullt of my own mind you; it's always Ed's fault, I just get the innocent bystander shot in the heart kind of deal!!!!

I am usually the one getting those notices like the one I posted!!!!!..

I have never gotten a notice so I think it is only fair that you get to 'notice' me. Yell if you have to , I can take it! . :teeth:

In fact, I think I kind of like it ::yes:: <~~~ see what this hurricane is doing to me? I am losing it! :tongue:

And I will follow your lead and blame it all on Ed...I am assuming Donna will back me up 100% ???

Blaine and I are arguing and debating. He wants me to pack up the dogs and get out of dodge tomorrow. :(
Problem is my destination would be northern IN. I am not thrilled about driving that far on my own with two large dogs in tow.
BUt not thrilled about staying here either.
What to do???
Anyone want a road trip!?? ;)

Our best wishes are with all our DISpals. :wave:

You poor guys, what a one-two punch!

Reminds me of a couple of our recent winters here in the Mid-Atlantic. Of course blizzards leave behind lots of the fun white stuff to plain in, build snowpeople (that's the PC term), snow forts.....Oh, no. Now I can't wait for winter. :rolleyes: Gosh, I love the cold weather! :teeth:

Considering the pin event begins in just eight days, my best advice -- whatever you do -- don't forget to duct tape your pinbags to your bodies! :earseek: You can replace silly useless stuff like clothes, furniture, housewares. . . but your pins ?!? <b>Let's just keep those priorities in order, shall we?</b> :p :smooth: :rotfl:

If Frances follows it's present course it will hit just north of West Palm Beach. Donna was right about how big it is. According to the news down here (Delray Beach, South Palm Beach county), if it hits here it would cover the state coast to coast and from Miami to Orlando, they said even if it stayed 60 miles off shore and went north, we would still have tropical storm/hurricane strength winds. This one is scary!!
Hey Leslie........ I'm ready to switch now!! ::yes:: :faint: :scared: :umbrella:

If you have never gotten a notice you are just not living on the "editing edge"!!!!!!!
So, come on live it up, before you get blown away like us down in South FL.!!!!

Well, it is now midnight and we just came back in the house from boarding up. We still have 3 windows left and the sliding glass doors to do, but it can wait till morning.

No school in Martin County starting tomorrow through Monday at least. The kids were very helpful today getting ready, but we have lots more to do tomorrow. The bad part is that my husband has to work until 6 pm tomorrow - he's a pharmacist and EVERYBODY is trying to refill their prescriptions - some for months worth of medicine!

My cousin is trying to talk us into driving up to South Carolina tomorrow, but I don't really want to try because I'm sure I-95 and the Turnpike are going to be a parking lot.

Say prayers for those of us along the Treasure Coast, they keep mentioning this area for a direct hit.

I'll check in tomorrow after we finish our preparations.

Originally posted by LynniethePooh
I have decided to buy duct tape, tarps , toilet paper and desitin..figure I will be in the bathroom already... ****ing my brains out, so I want it to be as comfy as possible.

Lynnie, I don't want to make light of your stress & nervousness, but this comment has me laughing & laughing!

Seriously though you know my thoughts are with you all. The guy on the weather channel is now saying Frances is on a similar path to Floyd in 1999. THAT does not make me feel good at all. Florida didn't get Floyd - the Middle Atlantic did!

Originally posted by Luv2Roam
Blaine and I are arguing and debating. He wants me to pack up the dogs and get out of dodge tomorrow. :(
Problem is my destination would be northern IN. I am not thrilled about driving that far on my own with two large dogs in tow.
BUt not thrilled about staying here either.
What to do???
Anyone want a road trip!?? ;)

You know you are welcome to come here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter