Hurricane Irma?

curious to see how everyone's flights stay organized in the coming week or so! Keep us informed!

This isn't uncommon. I work for a large health care system on the coast. During an emergency situation, essential employees are required to come to work and will be terminated if they don't show up. Non-essential employees are not allowed to come to work, and they must use vacation time if they want to get paid for hours not worked. It's been that way at every hospital I've ever worked -- just part of the reality of being employed.

I work at a school and when we have a snow day I am not allowed to come in, and do not get paid. It's just the way it is.

Here's a question... this is my flight schedule for tomorrow:

Departs: Orlando at 5:36 p.m.
Arrives: Chicago at 7:36 p.m.

Departs: Chicago at 8:58 p.m.
Arrives: Buffalo at 11:28 p.m.

So putting this all in EST... I would land in Chicago at 8:36, connection takes off at 8:58, then land in Buffalo at 11:28?
usually all times listed are local time. So you will have almost an hour and a half in Chicago

I read on the MCO twitter that ME will be operating, Southwest's twitter says they are aiming to resume normal operations on Thursday to mco with limited operations tues and wed. (We have a flight in on fri for a weekend trip after we canceled our longer trip so I hope that's true).

Here's a question... this is my flight schedule for tomorrow:

Departs: Orlando at 5:36 p.m.
Arrives: Chicago at 7:36 p.m.

Departs: Chicago at 8:58 p.m.
Arrives: Buffalo at 11:28 p.m.

So putting this all in EST... I would land in Chicago at 8:36, connection takes off at 8:58, then land in Buffalo at 11:28?

Which airport in Chicago? ORD or MDW?

From Frontier Airlines:
  • Orlando International Airport (MCO) – All flights scheduled on Monday, September 11th are cancelled. With the airport not expected to re-open before 12:00pm ET on Tuesday, all flights before 12:00pm ET into/out of Orlando are cancelled. Limited departures are possible to begin after 12:00 noon ET. Please check your flights status at www.flyfrontier.com before proceeding to the airport on Tuesday.

I work at a school and when we have a snow day I am not allowed to come in, and do not get paid. It's just the way it is.

I also work at a school and we get paid snow days. Now keep in mind I work in NYC and they hardly ever close. I remember going on on days I was scared for my life. For Sandy we closed for the week. Schools were closed mon- Friday but staff had to report Friday or they didn't get paid. Waste of a day as no internet. We made plans for Monday return early in the day and that was it. I still didn't have power at home and many staff members were displaced with some losing everything. Our schools suck at closing. I got paid for Sandy too.

Yeah thanks everyone for answering this simpleton's question!

Ha! Simpleton - try asking me for directions outside of the city. I only know our expressways by names (Kennedy, Dan Ryan, Eisenhower) - they are know by everyone else as numbers.

Try as I might, I will never learn those numbers!
:)

From Frontier Airlines:
  • Orlando International Airport (MCO) – All flights scheduled on Monday, September 11th are cancelled. With the airport not expected to re-open before 12:00pm ET on Tuesday, all flights before 12:00pm ET into/out of Orlando are cancelled. Limited departures are possible to begin after 12:00 noon ET. Please check your flights status at www.flyfrontier.com before proceeding to the airport on Tuesday.
Thank you! Just waiting waiting waiting till my flight on Thurs :guilty:

My daughter is a cm at Disney. She was scheduled to work Sat and today. Of course that was cancelled. Disney does not pay their employees for time scheduled when they close the park. I just find that pretty crappy. Now she's trying to find shifts to cover the money she lost

I lost 20 hours of pay for these 2 days the parks have been closed. Even though I scrambled to trade shifts around and get back a good number of hours, I still won't get the 6th day overtime I always count on, because I can't create an extra day in the week. This is the first time I've had two days off in the same week in months, and that's because I can't afford to not be at work.

With the lost pay, the higher gas prices, and having to stock up on supplies, my budget is going to be super tight this month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter