Hurricane Irma: CONFIRMED ~ All Parks, Water Parks and Disney Springs: Normal Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
wdwinfo's 8:00a update:

"Hurricane Irma is back to being a category 4 hurricane, after briefly intensifying overnight. The storm track has shifted west, with landfall expected in the Naples/Fort Myers area of South Florida.

This will put the Orlando/Disney area on the east side of the storm, which typically has the strongest winds, and is were the risk of tornado formation is the greatest.

Local officials have said that tropical force winds should hit the Orlando/Disney area around 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, with winds in excess of 40mph. Hurricane force winds are expected overnight Sunday into Monday, with sustained winds in excess of 85mph and wind gusts up to 110mph.

Orange County has issued a mandatory evacuation of all mobile home parks in the area. If you are in the Orlando/Disney area, you are urged to remain indoors after 12:00 p.m. Sunday until the storm passes on Monday. Today is the last day to make any preparations. If you are staying at a Disney or Orlando area resort, make sure you have enough food and water to sustain you and your family for 24 hours, as most food service locations will close during the storm.

In addition to the closures listed below in the last update, Walt Disney World has updated the transportation schedule for today. Disney Resort transportation from Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will end at 8:00 p.m. tonight. Disney Resort transportation from Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Disney Springs will end at 10:00 p.m. tonight."

In room paper at AoA, bullet 3 talks about meal distribution
21432688_10102685609319272_9197199165823511009_n.jpg

Reading on the paper they will have "meal times" distributed. So they are letting you out of your rooms to grab some food in shifts I am guessing since your stuck thru Monday.

If you are in FL, here is some useful information:

STEP #1-Message "FLPrepares" to 888777. You will get a text response that you're registered w/State Registered Response Team (SRRT). It will keep you informed and provide updates throughout the storm.

STEP #2-Send a 2nd message to 888777 with your zip code. You will receive updates specific to your zip code.

32830 is the Zip Code for WDW

CMs are confirming they can park their cars overnight in the Disney Springs parking garages.

Other CMs are advising to ask first before leaving your car.

wdwinfo's 2:00p ET Update:

"The National Weather Service issued a hurricane warning for Central Florida earlier today. Previously, the area was considered under a hurricane watch.

Hurricane Irma was downgraded to a Category 3 storm this morning, but is expected to strengthen as it passes over warmer waters before making landfall in South Florida later this evening. Orlando is expecting tropical force winds starting mid-day Sunday, with winds intensifying to 60-80 mph overnight. Wind speeds are expected to peak around 3am Monday before dropping below 35 mph by Monday afternoon.

While the storm’s path continues to track more to the west, the size of the storm is still encompassing most of the state."

@hiroMYhero - I have a few peeps on my thread flying in on Saturday morning at MCO, can you confirm DME will be there to pick them up? I don't understand what this means:

MCO: Open until Saturday 9/9 @ 5:00p.
(DME runs TO the airport: Stopped)

Thank you!

@hiroMYhero - I have a few peeps on my thread flying in on Saturday morning at MCO, can you confirm DME will be there to pick them up? I don't understand what this means:

MCO: Open until Saturday 9/9 @ 5:00p.
(DME runs TO the airport: Stopped)

Thank you!
Disney's Magical Express is still running FROM the airport. It's stopped running TO the airport.

I'm concerned they told me they would text me when they checked in their resorts, it's 5pm and I have not received word.

I'm concerned they told me they would text me when they checked in their resorts, it's 5pm and I have not received word.
Their flight may have been canceled or they forgot to text you. I wouldn't worry about them. Cell service is still working - I've been receiving texts from yulilin3 and from my CM friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter