How to use a waitlist?

katied

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Hi, I’m booked for a 1 bedroom at BLT Dec. 29-Jan 4. It turns out, a friend can join our trip, so now we need a 2 bedroom…
but, the 2 bedroom is only available the last 3 nites of our stay. I have the 6 nights waitlisted for this, but is there a better way to do this? Should I change my 1 bedroom stay to only the first 3 nights, then book the 2 bedroom, and then waitlist the first three nights and maybe a studio too?

what gives me the best odds to do this?

Or, is there is no chance of this freeing up that time of year?

thank you!

The fewer the nights you have the better when trying to fill a waitlist.

I’d adjust it, shorten the waitlist, to the three nights and keep checking. If you have extra points, you can even try to pick up a night and adjust the waitlist.

Hi, I’m booked for a 1 bedroom at BLT Dec. 29-Jan 4. It turns out, a friend can join our trip, so now we need a 2 bedroom…
but, the 2 bedroom is only available the last 3 nites of our stay. I have the 6 nights waitlisted for this, but is there a better way to do this? Should I change my 1 bedroom stay to only the first 3 nights, then book the 2 bedroom, and then waitlist the first three nights and maybe a studio too?

what gives me the best odds to do this?

Or, is there is no chance of this freeing up that time of year?

thank you!
What are your plans if waitlist doesn't come through?

If they are joining regardless, I'd secure the 2br for three nights (nights 4-6) and since you get 2 wait lists, you can put one in for the other 3 nights (nights # 1-3) and one in for the 1 nights adjoining the other two (night #3 which would give you 4 nights in a 2br). If the one night waitlist is fulfilled first, you can adjust the waitlist for two nights (nights 1 & 2) and add a new waitlist for just night #2.

Thank you! Yes, we are going regardless... And I guess 5 can stay in a BLT one bedroom, but we would prefer not too. i’ve adjusted my bookings now, and I’ll set up the second waitlist too. Thanks so much!

Thank you! Yes, we are going regardless... And I guess 5 can stay in a BLT one bedroom, but we would prefer not too. i’ve adjusted my bookings now, and I’ll set up the second waitlist too. Thanks so much!
Not sure how many points you have, just want to also be cognizant of settings not to borrow points if waitlist gets fulfilled.

Thanks. I was just thinking about that. I’m about 10 points short to avoid borrowing - but it seems one time use points can’t be used until 7 months. Maybe I just lose some points to get my booking, if it comes to that (If it fills before the 7 month point )

Ok. So now I’ve booked each day Dec 29, Dec 3O, Dec 31 as a separate reservation. Dec 29 and Dec 31 are booked as 1 bedrooms. I’ve swapped Dec 30 for a 2 bedroom (since it was available for a single night). I have Dec 29 and Dec 31 on a waitlist for a two bedroom but will check daily. I then have my two bedroom booked for Jan 1-Jan 4.

i know I run the risk of alot of checking in and out if things don’t work out… but I’m keeping my fingers crossed, and then hoping I could call and have it all merged?

does this seem workable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter