How to: FISH for Lightning Lane Experience Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were able to fish successfully this weekend too. Saturday we were at DCA and Grizzly was down in the AN. We got one and tried for a 2nd, but it came back up. I cancelled it and booked a genie I wanted (Soarin) instead. I much later saw autopia was down with a pretty short return. This worked well because we’d ridden most everything in DCA with genie and didn’t actually plan to hop. Sure enough, it converted. We ended up only using one for Luigi.

Yesterday I pre booked Indy and yep, it was down at opening. I was able to get a second around 8:40. Again we only used one for jungle cruise, but that one saved a lot of time!

Thanks for all the advice!

I couldn't get any LLEP. Combination of rides just not being down and all the early returns were eaten up.

A weird thing happened though. I booked Guardians for 2:40 before park hopping and when I did park hop it cleared my LL but kept my ILL$. I asked CMs and they said that is how it is working now. I hadn't ever heard of that though.

I couldn't get any LLEP. Combination of rides just not being down and all the early returns were eaten up.

A weird thing happened though. I booked Guardians for 2:40 before park hopping and when I did park hop it cleared my LL but kept my ILL$. I asked CMs and they said that is how it is working now. I hadn't ever heard of that though.
Meaning your LL for Guardians disappeared?

We got several Incredicoaster LLEP yesterday but they were NOT GOLDEN LLEP. I took screen shots of the rides which were EXCLUDED so I could post here: Indy, Matterhorn, PPF, Space, ROTR, RSR, TSMM, Web. I hope everyone gets the Golden LLEP if Incredicoaster goes down, but we didn’t.

We got several Incredicoaster LLEP yesterday but they were NOT GOLDEN LLEP. I took screen shots of the rides which were EXCLUDED so I could post here: Indy, Matterhorn, PPF, Space, ROTR, RSR, TSMM, Web. I hope everyone gets the Golden LLEP if Incredicoaster goes down, but we didn’t.
Thank you for the update. Updated original post.

Last edited:
So Guardians is included? Is Guardians not Golden tier anymore?

So Guardians is included? Is Guardians not Golden tier anymore?
I rechecked my screen shots, and Guardians was included. Excluded rides are listed above. The ride that went down was Incredicoaster, but it going down did NOT open up all of the other Golden Tier rides as options for us to ride with the LLEP from Incredicoaster going down. Maybe I just misunderstood the OP of this thread but I took it to say if a “golden tier” ride went down, the LLEP would include all of the other “golden tier“ rides as options, and it did not in this case.

Last edited:
I rechecked my screen shots, and Guardians was included. Excluded rides are listed above. The ride that went down was Incredicoaster, but it going down did NOT open up all of the other Golden Tier rides as options for us to ride with the LLEP from Incredicoaster going down. Maybe I just misunderstood the OP of this thread but I took it to say if a “golden tier” ride went down, the LLEP would include all of the other “golden tier“ rides as options, and it did not in this case.
Sweet. I'm hoping to score an extra ride or two on Guardians when we do DCA, so this might just be the ticket...

Same here, I got 2 from Incredicoaster (late though so not as helpful) but they excluded most of the things I wanted to go on. Most of the rides with no dedicated LL scanner also let me ride without consuming the LLEP.

We were there Wed-Fri and Matterhorn was down all morning Wed, so we got 4 LLEP from that. Those were the only freebies we got over the three days, but they were really helpful to knock out a bunch of things quickly that morning because it seemed like half the park was down that morning, so lines everywhere were insane and return times for the attractions that were running were getting pushed late in the day. Peter Pan was one that was also down, so we stalked it and hopped in line as soon as it opened for a ~10 min wait.

First of all, to the OP @DLRExpert : THANK YOU. This evil genius crazy strategy almost redeems Genie+. The last two days I have wound up with more passes than my family could use. Hoping we do as well today when we stay until midnight to close the park on our last day.

Second, I can confirm the current tiers:

Top(Golden): Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Indy, Toy Story Midway Mania

Bottom: Everything else.

Peter Pan and paid LL are excluded from both.

Time to get ready for day three of Disney Hunger Games. Let's go!

This seems like a great strategy. I've read through this whole thread and still have a couple of questions.

So, if I book a Lightning lane on a ride that is down, like Indy, I will get a kind of LL to use on almost any ride in the park? Or only other LL rides? Will Genie+ tell me which rides I can use the extra LL on?

From what I understand.... Book a ride that's down, get extra LL OR cancel the LL for the ride that was down if I don't get extra LL from it?

How do you enter the new LL ride? Do you scan your phone somewhere, or show it to the CM?

Does anyone have screenshots of what this will look like on my phone? I've never used Genie+ or Lightning lane and I want to figure this all out in time for my June trip :)

This seems like a great strategy. I've read through this whole thread and still have a couple of questions.

So, if I book a Lightning lane on a ride that is down, like Indy, I will get a kind of LL to use on almost any ride in the park? Or only other LL rides? Will Genie+ tell me which rides I can use the extra LL on?

From what I understand.... Book a ride that's down, get extra LL OR cancel the LL for the ride that was down if I don't get extra LL from it?

How do you enter the new LL ride? Do you scan your phone somewhere, or show it to the CM?

Does anyone have screenshots of what this will look like on my phone? I've never used Genie+ or Lightning lane and I want to figure this all out in time for my June trip :)
You will see LLEP in the Disneyland app. When you click into the LLEP portion of the app there will be a link to see which attractions are accessible.

Correct cancel the LL if the LL attraction you have does not breakdown.

00B5FA93-6A9E-41CE-8E32-4D60D129C36E.png

FYI from what I’ve been seeing at DCA, Grizzly and Incredicoaster seem to be down the most at Rope Drop. With Grizzly being the leader here. My guess is because the park knows that guests do not want to ride that attraction at opening. Both on the same tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter