How to: FISH for Lightning Lane Experience Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s supposed to do that. MEPs are supposed to be compensation for a ride breaking down and aren’t supposed to replace any other rides. Probably just a glitch that can be avoided if you make sure to have a “normal” LL booked for that ride
Read my long post, if this happens and you lose your entitlement to reserve for the ride, you should not have lost your MEP

When I went by myself beginning of October there were a couple times my MEP scanned green but didn’t get used the first time but did the second time. I never figured out why

When I went by myself beginning of October there were a couple times my MEP scanned green but didn’t get used the first time but did the second time. I never figured out why

I honestly just think it's a glitch (and a happy one). I had a MEP this summer that I used like 4 times before it finally disappeared off of my app. (I was THRILLED.)

Curious to know if the LL acceleration bug/feature has been fixed with the new version of the app today.

Idk about Disneyland but it still works at WDW. Apparently the app update happened yesterday when I was there and I didn’t know about it but at MK in the morning I got a pass from Pirates being down and rode Splash, Thunder, Haunted Mansion, and Buzz early. And then at HS that night I had a couple breakdown passes and when I scanned into Rock n Roller Coaster hours late it still used the expired one. I assume that since it still works at WDW it still works at Disneyland too

Idk about Disneyland but it still works at WDW. Apparently the app update happened yesterday when I was there and I didn’t know about it but at MK in the morning I got a pass from Pirates being down and rode Splash, Thunder, Haunted Mansion, and Buzz early. And then at HS that night I had a couple breakdown passes and when I scanned into Rock n Roller Coaster hours late it still used the expired one. I assume that since it still works at WDW it still works at Disneyland too
Thanks for the report!

Does the Tier of the MEP matter for accelerating LL?
For Example, if you get a lower tier MEP, but book a LL for Web Slingers, does the Web Slingers LL still accelerate, or would only accelerate the LL passes for the attractions of the appropriate tier? Sorry if this has been answered already!

Does the Tier of the MEP matter for accelerating LL?
For Example, if you get a lower tier MEP, but book a LL for Web Slingers, does the Web Slingers LL still accelerate, or would only accelerate the LL passes for the attractions of the appropriate tier? Sorry if this has been answered already!
It only accelerates LL in the appropriate tier. I imagine it detects that you have a valid LL for that ride but then automatically uses the “normal” LL

This is pretty interesting - i had the reverse issue happen to me once back in the old FP+ days in WDW. I had a TT FP+ and a Mission Space FP+. TT went down, so the TT converted to MEP. We then went to use our MS FP+, but it used up our MEP instead. So we ended up riding MS and then finding we still had another MS FP+ that we didn't want. Very annoying! We decided it wasn't really worth it to go to guest services as TT ended up being down the whole day and there was nothing we really needed the MEP for. But still was annoying.

This acceleration "glitch" I'm sure exists to prevent the above situation happening, particularly with more people using Magic Bands where there is no way to choose which LL reservation to use. But if they find lots of people using this, I could see them closing this loophole where the default to using the "regular" LL only happens if the regular LL is time eligible. Similar to how they eventually closed the "Stacking" loophole before.

I'm assuming an outdoor ride being down for rain would also open up the opportunity for a MEP?
Yep! Several times at Magic Kingdom at WDW where it rains pretty frequently I’ve been able to get a few MEPs from the rain. I’ve never been to Disneyland when there was rain since genie+ started but it should work the same way

Worked yesterday and today
Assuming this makes Gold Tier MEPs very important.
Can confirm - we were able to accelerate on 1/3 and 1/4.

Tiering this week for Gold Tier was HMH, SM, MB, and IJA at DL; GOTG,TSMM, and WS at DCA.
(Edit - fixed acronym for TSMM and MB)

Last edited:

Tiering this week for Gold Tier was HMH, SM, MH, and IJA at DL; GOTG,MM, and WS at DCA.

Tiering this week for Gold Tier was HMH, SM, MH, and IJA at DL; GOTG,MM, and WS at DCA.
What does MM stand for? Sorry if it’s obvious!! Toy Story mania wasn’t gold??

Anyone figured out how to achieve the unlimited MEP glitch reliably? I’m very confident there IS a way to trigger it. Even if you have any additional data it might help.

Also FWIW the acceleration glitch won’t be fixed unless they totally re-build the LL pass system/software. Because they were lazy when they set it up and don’t generate unique passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter