• Salty with dill pickle

• Sweet with sweet pickle

• Bacon

• Mustard

• No mustard

• Onion

• Other - Please Post

Results are only viewable after voting.
My family likes hard boiled eggs in it! I also use onion, mustard, mayo, and a splash of vinager. My family does not like celery.

Mrs. Disney Ron

I meant to click no mustard, tho on occasion I have put a smidge in for flavor. We usually do Mayo, onion, green pepper, carrots. Chunky with some dill weed for flavor.

OH yeah, forgot about the hardboiled eggs. LOL With a bit of paprika on the pretty decorative ones on top...LOL

My family likes potato salad with eggs, onion and celery. The dressing is Miracle Whip (DH hates real mayonaise), a tiny amount of prepared mustard, freshly ground pepper, a splash of Italian dressing and alittle water to thin it. Wisk. Then mix everything together.

:scratchin Hmmmm.....vinegar! That sounds good! Yum! :thumbsup2

My mom always did this... I splash the vinegar over the warm diced potatoes. (this gives the potatoes a nice flavor!)Then add my other ingrediants once cooled.

Mrs. Disney Ron

Actually the kids aren't potato salad eaters. I made some for a party last year based on some I remember my mom's friend making. It had diced pickle -- the new ones you get in the jars in the fridge section -- and cut up apple.

No onions for my group. Although I like them dh, dd,and dsil cannot tolerate them. But I will put in whatever else is in the fridge! Grammy

I mix the potatoes with spring onions and chives, black pepper, very little salt and just enough mayo to cover lightly - Hellmans extra light does it for me :goodvibes I've never heard of adding pickles!

My mom's potato salad is unique, to say the least. She boils the potatoes (and a few eggs), peels & dices the potatoes, peels and slices the eggs. The sauce is maynonaisse (no Miracle Whip!), sour cream, dehydrated onion and sweet pickle relish, and the mystery ingredient - ketchup! I think we're the only ones to have "pink" potato salad!! LOL The egg slices are used as a garnish on top, then sprinkled with paprika.

I'm not really sure where she came up with the recipe. I like it and I like most others as long as there is no mustard involved. I'm really fond of German-style potato salad, but it's hard to find (has a vinegar based dressing).

I use mayo, mustard, Boars Head horseradish sauce, onions and of course, potatoes.

Hubby loves it.

My mom's potato salad is unique, to say the least. She boils the potatoes (and a few eggs), peels & dices the potatoes, peels and slices the eggs. The sauce is maynonaisse (no Miracle Whip!), sour cream, dehydrated onion and sweet pickle relish, and the mystery ingredient - ketchup! I think we're the only ones to have "pink" potato salad!! LOL The egg slices are used as a garnish on top, then sprinkled with paprika.

I'm not really sure where she came up with the recipe. I like it and I like most others as long as there is no mustard involved. I'm really fond of German-style potato salad, but it's hard to find (has a vinegar based dressing).

WOW! Now that is a different version of potato salad. It would look great at a baby shower for a girl :rotfl: I am sure it tastes good tho.

I WANT SOME POTATO SALAD! Who is gonna make me some, I'm out of potatoes till Friday...lol

My kids absolutely HATE mustard, so I began using this recipe about 3 years ago. Now it's the only potato salad they will eat. I take it to every bbq, and people always want the recipe. It's so easy!!!

2 pounds red potatoes
1 8 oz. bottle ranch salad dressing
1 pkg. real bacon bits
shredded Cheddar cheese, to taste
garlic powder

Boil the potatoes till tender. Drain and let cool. When cool enough to handle, cut into bite size chunks (do not peel). In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients (will be very thick). Pour over potatoes and gently toss to combine.

This is really good cold, but you can eat it warm, too. It tastes like a loaded baked potato!

My kids absolutely HATE mustard, so I began using this recipe about 3 years ago. Now it's the only potato salad they will eat. I take it to every bbq, and people always want the recipe. It's so easy!!!

2 pounds red potatoes
1 8 oz. bottle ranch salad dressing
1 pkg. real bacon bits
shredded Cheddar cheese, to taste
garlic powder

Boil the potatoes till tender. Drain and let cool. When cool enough to handle, cut into bite size chunks (do not peel). In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients (will be very thick). Pour over potatoes and gently toss to combine.

This is really good cold, but you can eat it warm, too. It tastes like a loaded baked potato!

OOOO....that sounds really yummy. **note to self, pick up red potatoes this week. LOL

ok...got my potatoes (they were on sale..YAY) I will be trying this out in a few days. Drooling already.

We like ours with potatoes, bacon, eggs, celery, mayo, salt, pepper and a splash of vinegar.

Now I'm craving potato salad!

I use mustard, mayo, boiled eggs, green onion, s&p. yummy

We usually use, potatoes, celery, onion, mayo. macaroni, and egg. We sometimes change it around a bit.

Until coming to the DIS board, I didn't know that people had put in mustard and bacon into their salads. I tried it with mustard, but didn't care for it. I have not yet tried bacon, but would like to. Would I make the bacon crispy then just crumble it into the salad?

I usually use the regular potatoes for my salads, but had bought a ten pound bag of the red potatoes that I made for a potato salad this past weekend, and have like eight pounds still left. I didn't care for red potato salad, so need to find recipes using them up.

Baking potatoes cubed with mayo, celery, onion and lots of apple cider vinegar! Then salt and pepper. Mmmm. Haven't had it in a long time. Might need to make some. Not a fan of mustard or eggs in tater salad. Bleck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter