How do you carry your Park Hoppers and who is in charge?

2Disneybuggs

Mouseketeer
Last trip there were 4 adults and my DS's ticket. I was in charge of the Park Hoppers and any FAst Passes the whole trip. Our first day was Epcot and I was getting a little confused putting in everyone's ticket as they went throught the turnstile. I thought I put one ticket in twice and that we would lose a day! So does everyone take care of their own ticket? Also do you carry them in a regular wallet? strategies please!

After being frisked by the security guards and prior to hitting the turnstiles, I hand the DW, DD and DS their tickets. Shortly after we have all been admitted, I re-collect the tickets. I place the tickets in my "fanny pack," and they stay there except when I use them to get FastPasses.

Yep, me too. I give everyone their tickets as we're waiting in line at the turnstile. After we get through, everyone gives them back to me, and I put them in the backpack's front zipper pocket.

I normally carry all the PH's. I give everyone the PH while waiting to go thru the turnstile and collect them after we go thru.

I have cargo shorts with velcro pockets wide enough to hold a cell phone and cc's. Works good for me.

If you can't find these, get a safety wallet that you wear around your neck.

Also, make copies of all the passes and keep them in a separate location. If you lose your originals, you'll need this to get replacements.

Also, make copies of all the passes and keep them in a separate location. If you lose your originals, you'll need this to get replacements.

This is the single most important thing I learned on these boards!!! Last year, while getting fastpasses I forgot to retreive our tickets:eek: . My DH was NOT pleased when we discovered this the next day:mad: . BUT, I had my copies and went to the guest sevices window at MGM and they replaced the tickets, just like that. DH couldn't believe it. He asked were I ever got the idea to copy the tickets. I told him the "dumb chatroom", as he refers to the DIS (poor misguided soul :rolleyes: ). "Oh", he says. And he's never made fun of my "dumb chatroom" again!!!

-Rachael

Make sure that when you're storing your passes in a pocket/purse/backpack/etc that you store them all facing the same direction, NOT back to back ... if the magnetic stripes touch each other, the passes are more likely to demagnetize, which means an extra trip to Guest Relations.

Originally posted by SyracuseWolvrine
Make sure that when you're storing your passes in a pocket/purse/backpack/etc that you store them all facing the same direction, NOT back to back ... if the magnetic stripes touch each other, the passes are more likely to demagnetize, which means an extra trip to Guest Relations.

That must have happened to our tickets!

I had four park hoppers...two four day and two annual passes.

We went to one park, they were fine, but I couldn't use one to get Fastpasses. The next day, we couldn't use it to get into the park. I had to go to Guest Relations and they issued me a new pass.

To answer the OP's question...I hand out the passes to everyone, just before we go through the turnstile and collect them after we all go through. I put them in my backpack. I'm the one who gets the Fastpasses.

When our kids were young, I carried all the PHs in my belt bag and handed them out to individuals just before we entered the park and picked them up once we got through the turnstiles. By the time Fast Passes and security checks came along, they were old enough to carry their own. The only time one person is carrying all passes now is when we give them to one of the kids so they can fly to get FPs! They're old enough that we can split up, and sometimes we're not even in the park at the same time, so it's easier if everyone is responsible for their own ticket.

Originally posted by 2Disneybuggs
Also do you carry them in a regular wallet? strategies please!

Yes, we do as others...pass them out just before turnstiles and then collect them all together again...dh holds on to them...he's much more responsible than me...and I'm not being sarcastic! lol.

Anyway, neither one of us carries our regular wallets to the parks. What works much nicer is a business card holder, that just folds in half. There is one pocket on each half just enough for your resort key, a credit card or two and your park tickets and DL. Small enough to slip in your pocket or fanny pack and doesn't take up any room. We each have one and it has worked very well.

I, also, am the keeper of the PH's. I hand them out at the turnstiles and collect them as soon as everyone is thru. I also use them for Fast pass's, but usually give the FP's to DH to hold so I don't have to keep going into my hippack, and having a greater chance of losing the PH's.

What Mickey 0216 said!!!

I am in charge of the tickets until we get to the gate. I then give their tickets to my husband and my son. They go through the gate and I collect them again and put them in my fanny pack. I've been doing it this way for years and have never lost a ticket (Knock on wood). It works for us!!

I'm somewhat of a control freak, so this way I always know where the tickets are.

I carry mine in my fanny pack and DH keeps his in his wallet.

On the topic of not putting the cards back to back due to the magnetic strip in them...be careful to not put the card in the same place as your car keys or if you have one of those key ring Food City, CVS, etc cards. Those will do the same thing and demagnitize....these types of cards can also mess up your ignition key if it has an anti-theft security chip in it. I knew a couple that put their Food City card on their ring beside their car key and their car key quit working. They had to have the car towed to the dealership and reprogramed with a new key. Can be $$. Kind of weird since those cards are meant to go on your keyring, huh??? :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter