How can we Improve SSR?

• Better Theming

• Offer more on-site acivities

• Adiitional themed pools

• More food options/locations

• All of the Above

• Other(please add to post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
SSR needs a bridge to DTD. It has great entertainment, Food and life only a short 1/2 mile away by bridge. 2-3 miles away walking and 15-35 minutes by boat.

BUILD A BRIDGE!!!!!!

What a fun thread ... a "design your own SSR"!

We're content with SSR the way it is, and it makes perfect sense that amenities are phased in as the resort grows. The Turf Club expansion is great, but not anything for me to turn cartwheels over. Besides, having one of the finest spas in the country and a golf course are not to be taken for granted.

Our only comment on our first stay was that it'd be much prettier as more of the landscaping matured - parts of it had a cow pasture feel, but I know that's just temporary.

I would like to see a destination dinner show ... I don't know how large the old theater which was left over from the Disney Institute is, nor do I know what the logistical problems would be in adding a kitchen. But I think a third option to complement the luau and Hoop-de-Doo would be welcome. Doesn't the "real" Saratoga have a performing arts center? Or would a family-friendly vaudeville revival show work? (Thanks to the poster who beat me to the punch!)

Just pondering. But again, we're pretty partial to what we've got. Never having been to the authentic Saratoga Springs, the theme is really charming to this Southern boy.

I haven't read the whole thread but I love SS and I thought my only complaint was busing. I voted other for busing.

I love SSR. It is our home resort, but I dont see a lot of the flaws that other people do. We love it there.

Food : we would like to see more food options, but with DTD right across the way, it really is not a big deal to us. Having the quick food available is really all we use the resort for (unless of course they put in a full scale restaurant, then I am sure we would eat there). We thought the breakfasts were great, and having sandwiches and those flatbread pizza's were just fine for something to munch on after we got back from the parks. They did announce the full service dining called "The Turf Club Bar & Grill" that will open this summer. I do remember the wife and I going back there to play pool and have a couple cocktails. It was a nice little area that no one really used (at least while we were there).

Pools : This might become an issue when filled to capacity, but we had no problems with crowds, seats etc... at the pool

Theme : it might be kind of cool if they had an area where they kept some horses/ponies, and were able to give the kids rides/riding lessons. It might help bring out the theme a bit. I know the golf course is on the one side coming in - but it would be cool to drive in and see a few horses just hanging out in a field or running around.

Many people may not be aware that Saratoga NY is also the birthplace of the potato chip - maybe some type of special chip made to go with lunches/dinners?

We love the theme, we live near Saratoga NY, so it is great to see all the references to Saratoga. It is a beautiful place to stay, and we have been twice and will be very happy continuing to stay!

I am sure they will continue to work on the resort as more gets completed.

Thanks
Eric

Tigger031266 said:
SSR needs a bridge to DTD. It has great entertainment, Food and life only a short 1/2 mile away by bridge. 2-3 miles away walking and 15-35 minutes by boat.

BUILD A BRIDGE!!!!!!
The bridge will make it a 4 minute walk from the main bldg. It's only a 7-10 minute walk now.

Voted for more food options because I like options at hand. As the resort grows I think it is improving and I was very very happy with it in January. Can't wait to see how much more it has improved during our August return home.

As far as the bridge, how do you think that would impact the views to DTD from SSR? Besides there already is a bridge taking you past the golf course to the West side of DTD. :teeth:

I know, I know..a bridge would disrupt the view it would also interfer with the boat service to the marketplace....but a girl can dream can't she!!!! pixiedust:

A bridge would be something to think about. My question, (not trying to be negative) would there be any impact from folks who are just visiting DTD to walk on over to SSR pools or maybe those who might get shnookered cause any chaos or destruction? I just wonder who would come to visit that wouldn't normally with the boat and exsisting path from SSR to DTD.

Given, that would ,IMO, be the only concern. Disney imagineers so many glorious structures I'm certain whatever they would construct in a bridge sense it would flow with the surroundings as well as be functional! It would be very cool!

Would also like to see the theater up and running showing any of those great DIsney movies we all love!

~DW

Many people may not be aware that Saratoga NY is also the birthplace of the potato chip - maybe some type of special chip made to go with lunches/dinners?

Eporter, SSR beat you to it! :goodvibes They have added Saratoga Chips to their AP menu as a side. They are the homemade style chips and are very good! They came with our chicken strips in January 2006.
They still don't serve French Fries but the Saratoga Chips are a nice addition.

If my memory serves me correctly our guide told us they were toying with the idea of a bridge but it was expensive and would interfere with boats and the view.

elijahpep said:
A bridge would be something to think about. My question, (not trying to be negative) would there be any impact from folks who are just visiting DTD to walk on over to SSR pools or maybe those who might get shnookered cause any chaos or destruction? I just wonder who would come to visit that wouldn't normally with the boat and exsisting path from SSR to DTD.[...]
Even worse, those who might get shnockered.... :lmao:

I agree, though, that some 'over the water' option would be great, but you folks aren't being Imagineer-ative enough. How about a new, improved - and gov't safety approved - Skyway to Downtown Disney? Or howabout taking the TTA technology and creating a DTDTA - DownTownDisney Transit Authority? One big loop, high enough off the water to let the boats through, with 'stops' (of course, they never 'stop') at OKW, SSR CH, SSR CP, DTD & WE. TTA move a lot of people.

Heck, why stop there - make it the SSRTA (pronounced Serta) with stops at every bus stop, and with each train having a luggage area. DME drops you off at CH, you check in, then let a combination of Disney magic and magnetism take you to your building. Make SSR a pseudo-monorail resort!

Didn't I post earlier? or was that another thread? about moving the old Skyway to Tommorowland to SSR

I voted "other" as it needs a kids club please. What is the point of having DD so close if Mom & Dad need to get a sitter to go? I would feel more comfortable with a kids club than an in room sitter from a service.

Would it compete with the theatre in DD if the moviehouse played old Disney Movies no longer playing?

Would love to see an ice cream parlour.

Nix on the bridge, the walk is necessary to walk off whatever we ate.

Looking forward to the full service restaurant. Does anyone know what it is being called yet?

Personally i don't think it needs any improvement. That being said, I also don't mind them doing anything to it.

Does SSR need something like SAB? No. Would I mind if they build something like SAB?

I'm for any improvement they do to the resort. Whether it needs it or not.

Zbridget said:
[...]
Looking forward to the full service restaurant. Does anyone know what it is being called yet?
It is an expansion of the current Turf Club, so it is retaining that name.

A bit OT, perhaps, but since most of us enjoy idle speculation...

Do you think that the original SSR designers/Imagineers had a long-range plan for the resort, with the expansion of the Turf Club and other potential amenities in place all along? Or have they taken note of guest comments and complaints, sat down, and collectively said, "Folks, we've got to add some more dining options. And another themed pool," etc.

Are the DVC gurus able to turn on a dime like that, or has this been part of a big plan we just aren't privvy to?

Because ... if they ARE so responsive to guest comments, then I'm gonna send this whole thread to Jim Lewis (maybe he checks in anyway! ;) )

I like SSR just fine even as it is, but Walt used to talk of "plussing" attractions. So improvements and embellishments are always welcome.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programme...

Dreamfinder, I think they're taking guests' comments to heart. When we took the original tour, we were told that they wouldn't have a full service restaurant because SSR is so close to all the dining options at DTD. But after mega complaints to the staff they decided to build the restaurant. I'm sure there will be more changed plans before SSR is officially complete.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter