• Offer more on-site acivities

• Adiitional themed pools

• More food options/locations

• All of the Above

• Other(please add to post)

Results are only viewable after voting.

nezy

DIS Veteran
So, after reading several posts on the inadequacies of SSR, are there any constructive suggestions for DVC to improve this new "home" of ours.

I am putting a poll w/ this but please add deals to the ideas you may have.

I put additional themed pool. I think it is going to be needed for the Paddock area.

It already has a lot of on-site activities at the community hall. There are ceramics, floral arrangement with a Disney florest and some other things.

Doing something with that theatre would be good. Maybe turn it into another restaurant or do something like FW has where there is a movie night. Although I heard something about not being able to because of the theatre at DTD??? :confused3

I wanted to say all of the above except theming. I don't think there is much they can do there. Mostly I would like them to make an SSR version of Stormalong Bay at BCV. But, of course it would need a natural springs kind of theme.

Although I usually defend SSR against the negatives, I do have to say that another themed pool would be GREAT! :thumbsup2 I love the lazy river idea! I plan on spending at least one day relaxing by the pool and could think of no better way to do that than floating down a lazy river! :banana:

Kristine

I voted "all of the above". Not because I dislike SSR; I really do like it. I just think every resort would benefit from more pools, restaurants, activities, ect...

The one thing that I do feel SSR is missing, and would greatly improve the resort is an upscale, full service restaurant. :smokin:

MG

boatboatboat said:
show free wdw movies 24/7.......

make it just like the local movies.

popcorn, candy.........

That's a good idea. I like having thier own version of stormalong bay. As long as it's a "no pool hopping" pool. Take the big lagoon in the middle and make a mini water park. Have a Lazy river going by every building. Make the edge of the river sand lined like a beach. I know lots of people who go to Saratoga and then make the quick trip over to the northern Jersey shore. So it's comprehensible in the theming.

I thought they did have a theater on the premises. We stayed there when it was new so everything wasn't open.

They've already made some changes from the suggestions they get from owners. There was no sit down restaurant, now there is. when we were buying they said they wouldn't have a sit down restaurant because their surveys said that most people would just go to DTD. After people stayed they asked for one. DTD is great to eat, but not every night.

IMO DVC would be wise offer current DVC owners a "free" night in a studio at SSR.

The cost to do this would be next to nothing...........and the potential upside is huge.

boatboatboat said:
IMO DVC would be wise offer current DVC owners a "free" night in a studio at SSR.

The cost to do this would be next to nothing...........and the potential upside is huge.

That's a good idea. Would that also include SSR owners?

no, I don't know why it would?

DVC gives stuff away all the time to onlcy certain people.

they gave okw owners free passes.......

they gave ssr buyers extra points........

why give someone who owns ssr a free nite at ssr? heck they already bought......

B3 - That doesn't improve it for the long haul though.
And it wouldn't be good for those that don't stay in studios.

B3 - That doesn't improve it for the long haul though.
And it wouldn't be good for those that don't stay in studios.

prolly not, but it might change the perception, that ssr is simply a huge mega apartment complex.

the biggest marketing dept dvc has is it's current owners.

perception is everything........

also, I would think that by having a FULL HOUSE of current DVC "vets", they could then send out surveys and get real world feed back from people who have sampled the DVC pallet and all it has to offer.

<please note the above is not a personel message and is meant for everyone to read>

Connorlevismom came up with a great idea.

Add a great kids club to the resort.

They could transform the one they use now for those taking the tour and have it nightly!

What a great thing for those adults that want to pop over to PI or to dine!

Put in a great theme and that would be sweet!

This thread, I like! No SSR bashing, just some good ol constructive critisicm. As I have stated, I am a proud SSR owner and would not change my decision to buy into SSR over another resort. I am very pleased with the theme. Very consistant soothing and peacful setting throughout the resort. Activities seemed plentiful to me. There were constant activities offered for the kids, which they really enjoyed. The staff was very knowledgable and friendly. Buses ran on time. So I can't knock the service. As much as I enjoyed my stay, there are a few things I would change/add given the ability to do so. Here we go.......
1. Add an additional pool (big/themed). The existing pool is awsome and the smaller pools are nice and peaceful; however another BIG pool would help for those in the Paddocks.
2. I really enjoyed the existing restaurant; however, you can never have too many. Maybe add a finer dining option? I guess this is not a huge issue for me since there is a world of dining options a short walk away at DTD.
3. What's the story with the movie theater? Not that we had time for one, but I don't think they were showing any.
4. We drove this last trip and as you can imagine with 2 kids, we had a ton of luggage, groceries, etc......Any way, A LUGGAGE CART located at each building would have been nice. Would have saved me a few trips.
5. It is a BIG resort which is not a complaint of mine and I enjoy the nice walking trails; however, when pressed for time or after a long day, I feel a few shuttles (golf carts) would be great to offer rides. I think they need 2-3 carts constantly roaming the resort where you could flag one down if needed.
6. I thought the bike rental rates were a bit steep. Not that I go to Disney to ride a bike.
7. An onsight bar and grill/ afterhours club would be nice but then again there is DTD.

Really thats about it. Reallistic improvements maybe we will see in the future. Keep in mind- the resort is new and an ongoing project. I feel certain GREAT ammenities will come at SSR. In the mean time my glass is half full!!!!

cobbler said:
Connorlevismom came up with a great idea.

Add a great kids club to the resort.

They could transform the one they use now for those taking the tour and have it nightly!

What a great thing for those adults that want to pop over to PI or to dine!

Put in a great theme and that would be sweet!

Great theme for what?

GOOD NEWS----
I just talked to Linda Scolaro (my DVC rep) and she told me SSR is going to open a full service restaurant behind the turf club overlooking the lake. There will be outside seating as well on a nice deck. She said this was announced in the latese news letter. Yeahhhhhhhhhh

bradpga said:
1. Add an additional pool (big/themed). The existing pool is awsome and the smaller pools are nice and peaceful; however another BIG pool would help for those in the Paddocks.
2. I really enjoyed the existing restaurant; however, you can never have too many. Maybe add a finer dining option? I guess this is not a huge issue for me since there is a world of dining options a short walk away at DTD.
3. What's the story with the movie theater? Not that we had time for one, but I don't think they were showing any.
4. We drove this last trip and as you can imagine with 2 kids, we had a ton of luggage, groceries, etc......Any way, A LUGGAGE CART located at each building would have been nice. Would have saved me a few trips.
5. It is a BIG resort which is not a complaint of mine and I enjoy the nice walking trails; however, when pressed for time or after a long day, I feel a few shuttles (golf carts) would be great to offer rides. I think they need 2-3 carts constantly roaming the resort where you could flag one down if needed.
6. I thought the bike rental rates were a bit steep. Not that I go to Disney to ride a bike.
7. An onsight bar and grill/ afterhours club would be nice but then again there is DTD.

Really thats about it. Reallistic improvements maybe we will see in the future. Keep in mind- the resort is new and an ongoing project. I feel certain GREAT ammenities will come at SSR. In the mean time my glass is half full!!!!

I've heard people asking a bigger/better themes pool. I like the Luggage and golf cart suggestions. You never know about the Bar & Grill. They weren't gonna put a restaurant in either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter