How come I can't book with a deposit anymore?

Carrieberry

<font color=9999CC>Has to post on the right thread
You used to be able to book an onsite trip through Universal's website with a deposit based on how many people you were booking for. Now when you want to book through them you have to pay for the entire thing upfront. Why? I like paying a deposit now, and then being able to send in money towards the trip over the many months of waiting for the vacation. This was one of the appeals of booking a Disney trip through CRO or Disney's site rather than using a travel agent. Why did Universal change it?

You can book onsite rooms with a deposit only.

You are looking a complete vacation with room tickets as well as other add ons like cars, flights and meals. Like other tour operators, including Walt Disney Travel Co, (not CRO) the vacation must be paid for in full.

Room only is not currently available to book on the Universal website.

Even with Walt Disney World travel company you can reserve a vacation with a $200 deposit including air and a car on their web site or through an agent. You just have to have it all paid for 45 days before. I used to do this all the time. I think the old Universal site allowed you to book hotel and passes with a $50 deposit for one person and I think a $150 deposit for two-also due 45 days prior to your trip before they changed it. I guess I am just confused as to why you still can't do this if you only want to book rooms and passes. It was just cheaper to pay the $150 deposit for the Portofino for two of us then the full rack rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter