How big is the in-room safe?

bunnyfoo

<font color=red>It's Monday and my mind was somewh
My bf wants to take his laptop computer with us :rolleyes: I'd get to download my digi camera pics but I know he'd probably want to do some work while we're there. I'm thinking that the safes will be too small to store it... the computer is approximately 14"x12"X2".

there roughly 12x12x4 I couldn't get my laptop in them... unless your staying at the CR they are bigger there.

It may depend on where you are staying . I have never had a room safe that was big enough to get my laptop in. I would call ahead to the hotel you are booked into and ask them .
HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!!!!

wishing you many DISNEY DAYS ahead

From our trips, we found that the Poly and the CR have the largest safes (have not stayed at the GF). They can hold a camcorder. At least 8" deep. Maybe only 8" wide.

The others are roughly the size mentioned above. you could stand a business sized envelope in them upright but can't put it sideways or lay it flat.

None however, can fit a laptop.

Ed

Okay, that's what I thought ... I'm hoping he'll leave it at home. IMO, it's one less thing to worry about! Thanks for the help everyone :p

My laptop would not fit into the safes at CBR or All Stars - it did fit into the safe at AKL.

Carole

Thanks for the pictures Janet2K! They don't look too big... so I'm thinking we'll leave the laptop at home.

Out of curiosity, for those of you who do bring a laptop, where do you store it? Do you just leave it out or do you pack it into your suitcase when you're out at the parks?

I travel on business and always bring a laptop with me when I do. I usually leave it on my room's desk, but have also put it in a dresser drawer or on the closet's shelf. Sometimes I have even locked it in my rental car's trunk. I know some people have asked the Front Desk to store their laptop for them, and some people bring a laptop cable & lock and chain it to their guest room's desk. I guess whatever makes you feel most comfortable, by all means do. I am usually fairly trusting with my laptop and thus I usually leave it out on my room's desk.

We were at the CBR over Spring Break. I am a technology coordinator so I tend to bring a lot of equipment with me. Each day, I took my digital camera and camcorder with us into the parks. I had to leave my laptop in the room though and the safe was not big enough to hold it. I put it in a drawer way in the back corder under some clothes. I didn't think that there would be any problems but I did it just to be safe. We did not have any problems with it. We are going back in December and I plan on bringing my laptop again.

Thanks Janet2K and jenanderson! My bf is still not sure if he wants to take the computer, but if he does, it's nice to know that it will be okay in the hotel room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter