Hotel Suggestions...4 adults

Golfjbc89

Mouseketeer
I have been to WDW a few times in the past years and have become pretty comfortable planning trips. I talked about going to WDW for next years Wine & Dine with friends and they were totally on board until i gave them a ballpark of how much it might be if we stay onsite. Even at the All-star hotels they weren't totally on board. Any suggestions for nice hotels offsite that would cut the budget a little bit? We are willing to do either 1 room or 2 if it makes more sense one way. We are 4 adults, no kids.

Thanks for everyone's help!

I'd want 2 bedrooms and 2 baths for two couples traveling together, personally. If you want cheap and lots of space, I would recommend renting a 2 bedroom condo at Windsor Hills. You can rent those for $450-600 for a week. A rental car is a must.

I just stayed at AllStar for less than $80 per night so what price range are you looking for ?

Residence Inns are nice and they have two bedrooms. But I would rent a two bedroom at Bonnet Creek. Gorgeous resort and pretty much onsite...just not Disney owned. I am going over Feb. school break with just my daughter and we are paying $140 a night for everything...including taxes. Split two ways that's $70 a night. Can't do much better than that for a resort with all these amenities and awesome location.

Did you take a look at Sheraton Vistana Villages? They have 2 bedroom villas that typically aren't too expensive.

You need to consider the perks staying onsite. It might be enough for the other couple to concede to staying onsite.

For one, you have extra magic hours. In essence this give you more park time. You get 60 days out to make your fastpass reservations; whereas, off site you only get 30 days. You get Disney transportation; so, you really don't need a car. Offsite shuttles really suck in my opinion.

You may if you can be flexible with your dates get the free dining promo. Or there might be another deal for 15% off the room rate. Onsite have deals available; you just have to jump on them when available before they are gone. Most deals are limited on time and availability. You snooze; you lose.

If you really plan on drinking during Food and Wine, it might be better to stay onsite and leave the driving to Disney.

Make sure you understand each other's sleeping habits if you are sharing a 2-bed in a 1 room resort. Some people have weak bladders and get up through the night which can be disturbing. Some people snore and that can be disturbing. Sharing one bathroom will take more time for everyone. You almost have to set up a schedule where one couple showers at night and the other in the morning if you share one bathroom. There are other reasons sharing a room can make it difficult, too.

It sounds like the other couple are not very experienced at traveling. Also, it sounds like they are a little strapped financially if they are in sticker shock. Don't know if you were planning table service meals, but you may have to settle on doing only quick service meals to save money on eats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter