Hotel geared for adults?

Another vote for Coronado Springs Resort (CSR)!

I was there in December 2003 (10th through 17th), and if any cheerleaders were in the resort (they were out in force in the parks), they were well away from where I was located! I think the Casitas area, which is connected to the convention center, is the most adult oriented of the resort. I stayed in Cabanas, which tends to have a lot of children, but none were particularly noisy during my visit. I avoided the Ranchos area, which is sort of desert themed--I live in a real desert! :)

I've stayed at the Downtown Hilton and Grovesnor resort. Never stayed onsite. Prefer the Hilton over the Grovesnor. Hilton is a very nice hotel. We had a huge room overlooking the fountain. I would stay here again. Grovesnor was ok. We should've got a room in the tower building. Our room was cold, bedspread dirty, noisy. If you stay at the Grovesnor be sure to request a tower room. Not the outside rooms like we had. I also like the location of Downtown Disney hotels because we walked to Pleasure Island each night. The bus system was good too. Runs every half hour to the theme parks. Hilton is the first hotel they pick up from.

I am also a 30 something that doesn't have any children and has had a beautiful solo trip to Disney. First off, you got it, avoid the value resorts at all cost. Even in the off season there are more families there than anyplace else.

If the deluxes are too much, go with a moderate (any moderate) will yield the desired result of less children. I had an absolutely beautiful stay at PORS last November for 8 days. There was only one morning (around 8:30 a.m.) when I heard two children passing my window and to tell you the truth they weren't that loud and I was already up. That was the only time that I ever heard any children at PORS other than when swimming in the pool. PORS is a very nice resort that is of nice size (not quite as large as CSR) but very serene with some beautiful landscaped areas. Codes may come out for the time of year your going towards the end of the year (around $80 a night).

CSR is also a beautiful resort with a great pool area. This is a convention hotel and it is quite large but is serene as well. You really can't go wrong with the moderates at all. Side note though, it doesn't matter which resort you choose, if you have neighbors (be it adults with or without children) you will hear everyone flushing toilets around you.

As for DTD hotels, well I have bid on priceline and won Wyndham and Hilton at DTD for between $60 to $70 in offseason. Wyndham had a great time at. Hilton was the only hotel in which all of my neighbors had children (including one teething across the hall from me) and there was lots of activity on my floor (could hear them coming and going until about 9:30 at night). Hilton was a nice hotel but the amount of noise was a bit much.

I say stick with the moderates. As for places to eat, avoid the character meet and greets and go for more of the sit down restaurants especially at Boardwalk, World Showcase and DTD. Make ressie's to eat at the restaurants around the World Showcase as they are really geared for adults but be warned they are also more expensive.

Have a great time.

We've never had a problem with noise at POR. The Alligator Bayou section seems to be the quietest. Also good entertainment in the River Roost lounge at night (and good pint drafts).

I stayed at the POR last September, I was in Oak Manor and it was a great location. It was very quiet, and a beautiful resort, the food court had a good selection and the food was good.
At that time the POFQ was closed so I did not have to worry about sharing a bus with the POFQ.
My family and I stayed in the POFQ this past June and I really liked it as it was nice and compact. There were alot of children, since it was the summer, but generally you did not hear alot of noise.
I am thinking of going by myself this coming spring and was considering the CSR, it really looks nice, but it is just so spread out. I think I may stick to the POR or POFQ.

DayOwlVT,

You're eligible for the teacher rate, just bring your university ID with you.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter