Hotel for 6 adults?

My3crazymonkeys

Earning My Ears
I’m wondering if anyone has good neighbor hotel recommendations for a family of 6? It’s my husband and I, our 3 kids age 14-21, and my daughters boyfriend. I think a 2 room suite or at least a separate sleeping area for one of the beds will be best. We may have 2 cars so parking cost might factor in. We like to be in walking distance. I’m looking at Desert Palm Suites but want to compare others. Thanks!

Courtyard has two queen beds and true twin size bunk beds with a split bathroom configuration...but even that would be a tad tight IMO!

Desert palms has awesome suites and includes full hot breakfast. They even have a suite with 4 queen beds and two bathrooms. We really want to check that one out at some point!

Camelot inn has a suite with two queens, a king and a sleeper sofa. Only one bathroom. But great location. Next to McDonald’s and close to Panera and Mimi’s.

Park vue, Hojo, Tropicana and grand legacy also have suites.

Have a great trip!

If you can’t find any availability for a suite, maybe 2 connecting rooms with 2 queen beds in each. You, your husband and youngest in one room, your two oldest and the boyfriend in the other room. But can all hangout seamlessly due to a connecting room; plus it would give you two full bathrooms

I agree with the 2 rooms and request connecting or side by side, as that would allow 2 full bathrooms/showers which will really be needed with 6 people throughout your stay.

Seconding the Desert Inn on Harbor, not to be confused with the Desert Palms. The Desert Inn has multiple suite options, with the suite C2 being a multi-room setup with 2 queen beds in each, and a little seating area when you walk in. Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn on Harbor also has a limited number of multi-room suites. You can also look into the Tropicana Inn Park View Suites. There's not 2 bedrooms, but 2 separate rooms with one having a pull out couch. Another potential option is the Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini Suites on Harbor. I once did a stay with 3 family's here in 3 different rooms next to each other, 2 of them with adjoining doors. There might be even better options further down Harbor, but I always recommend staying closer to the DL entrance.

It is worth noting that the pools at each of these properties are nothing to write home about. If the pool is important, these hotels are not the right choice. I'd look into multiple rooms with adjoining doors as others have noted.

Our family of 5 (youngest was 16) stayed at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites our last stay and it was great. Our room was like two connecting rooms but converted to a suite with only one entrance. It had 4 queen beds, two bathrooms and you can't beat the location. We thought the beds were really comfy too. The room itself is pretty basic, but we didn't care. The sleeping arrangements and proximity to the park far outweighed any negatives. They were also really accommodating when we arrived well before check in time and had a safe place to keep our luggage.

Thank you for the suggestions! I will look into them. The cost for 2 rooms is quite a bit more than a suite which is a factor. We only use the hotel as a place to sleep. We spend all day at the park. We are planning for Dec.

Courtyard has two queen beds and true twin size bunk beds with a split bathroom configuration...but even that would be a tad tight IMO!
We are doing this for our next trip which is 5 teens/women, but I wouldn't want this set up with my adult children and their SOs. My oldest daughter's boyfriend travels with us frequently now, and we just do 3 rooms so everyone gets a real bed and more privacy for all.

If I wasn't doing multiple rooms I would do a 2 bedroom suite for sure. We did stay at the Desert Inn years ago, and it was fine enough, no issues and a decent amount of privacy. It had 2 bedrooms and a small living room area.

If bunk beds work, the Best Western Raffles has a two-room suite with two queens and full bath in one room and bunk beds and a sofa bed with a second full bath in another room.

Even better, the dual sinks for each bathroom are outside of the toilet/shower room, so you can feasibly have 6 people getting ready all at the same time.

Homewood Suites has a two-queen plus bunk plus sleeper, though the sleeper sofa was tiny and uncomfortable. Only one bathroom though

The Element would be another option -- they have a two-queen plus bunk bed room, but we didn't like their bathroom set up -- the door is opaque and loud.

We got a two bedroom suite at Home2Suites once, but that seems to be a very rare room type and is quite pricey.

Alpine Inn has a two bedroom suite with two beds in one room and one in the other, but only 1 bathroom.

For a group of 6, a suite or separate sleeping areas are a great idea. While I can't speak to specific hotels, you might also want to consider exploring the best places to live in your area for some local insights and recommendations. Happy planning, and enjoy your trip!

I did the Camelot family suite in April with 1 adult and 2 kids in the room with 2 queens and 1 adult and 1 kid in the room with one king

Each room also had pull out options that weren’t utilized but could have been

Only bummer: ONE bathroom :(

Made it rough for towels and getting ready and 5 girls

But for sleeping it was great
Especially since each room had its own thermostat (heat and cold)
So my friend did a/c all night and I ran the heater 😂

(April was unseasonably cold in my defense)

We’re pretty brand loyal to Marriott since my husband travels so much for work, so we’ve stayed at every Marriott in the area. The Courtyard Theme Park Entrance has bunk beds in every room with two separate showers. They also have 1 bedroom suites which have the bunk beds in the living area. The Residence Inn Convention Center has large rooms with kitchens with two Queen beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room. They also have kids suites with one bedroom with 2 queens and the second bedroom with twin bunk beds and two bathrooms. They also have a huge 2 bedroom executive suite but that room is usually more than just getting two rooms. This hotel also has a free hot breakfast with a nice variety of food. The Springhill Suites next door has two Queen plus sofa bed suites. The sofa is in a separate area from the beds with the bathroom in between, but no privacy wall or door. There are also 1 bedroom suites that have a sliding door between the bedroom and living room. They also have kids suites with two queen beds and twin bunks in addition to the sofa bed in the living room, but no privacy wall or door. This hotel also has a free hot breakfast, although it can sometimes be hard to find a place to sit when it is crowded. The RI’s seating area is massive compared to the seating area at Springhill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter