hoping to do a gender reveal at WDW need help!

image.jpgimage.jpg My sister and BIL did their gender reveal on our arrival day in Nov last year! It was awesome! But they knew what they were having and we didn't, so they brought an "its a girl!" banner and we went to the visa meet and greet at Epcot. Minnie and Pluto were the characters that day. She told the photopass CM and characters and they were absolutely thrilled to help. We had our backs turned and they did a quick countdown and that is how we found out. And they posted the photos on facebook for everyone else to announce they were having a girl. It only took a few minutes, didn't take up much time at all. And I know the characters don't talk, but my goodness Minnie was so excited for them and to be apart of the reveal, she just kept jumping up and down and hugging us all... she was really great! The CM's were also really excited and I think it all depends on the CM's you have at the time. Minnie and Pluto held the banner for us with no problem at all. The banner is a little dark in the pics above!

Last edited:
So I feel so stupid!!! All this time, when I see pics of gender reveals, I thought the parents KNEW ALL ALONG what the *** was, and they were revealing it to their friends/family. I had NO IDEA that the parents were finding out also at that time!!!!! :love::love::love:

Old dog.....new tricks

This new way of doing the gender reveal is all the rage right now! With my pregnancies I never wanted to find out if I was having a boy or a girl until I had them...but if I did want to know I don't think I could wait that long for it to be revealed to me. I'd be checking out the ultrasound screen for that special little part! :oops:

The thread title made me think someone was planning a Kaitlyn Jenner here, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Bill From PA

EXACTLY what I thought!!! LOL

But back to the subject- I'm sure if you go to a character meal you can talk to the cm's there and they can do something. I keep thinking the Crystal Palace- everything is so calm there and the characters are constantly coming and going. Talk to a CM and see if in between the character bathroom breaks (LOL) then maybe on their way back, before starting their rounds, they can quickly do something.

Are you doing any character meals??

So I feel so stupid!!! All this time, when I see pics of gender reveals, I thought the parents KNEW ALL ALONG what the *** was, and they were revealing it to their friends/family. I had NO IDEA that the parents were finding out also at that time!!!!! :love::love::love:

Old dog.....new tricks

Some people do it that way to surprise their friends and family, and some people do it this way to surprise themselves, too! I plan to do it for my friends and family, but I will totally know first haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter