hoping to do a gender reveal at WDW need help!

The thread title made me think someone was planning a Kaitlyn Jenner here, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Bill From PA

Same here. Technically, what the OP is doing is a "sex reveal", since there is no way to know baby's gender until baby is out of the womb and able to adequately express himself/herself.

Same here. Technically, what the OP is doing is a "*** reveal", since there is no way to know baby's gender until baby is out of the womb and able to adequately express himself/herself.

Oops...guess I can't use the technical term for the biological and physiological characteristics here on the boards.

Love this idea! I do think a meal might be easier...or just in front of the castle maybe a kinda DISer (who will also be there) could help you out and give you the ears etc and get a photo pass photographer to get pictures of it....

I think a character is amazing but the logistics may be difficult...

Would you guys be willing to know the gender beforehand? I think that'd make things way less complicated. If it's a girl, I think the reveal pictures in Minnie's dressing room at DHS would be absolutely precious. If it's a boy, pictures with Mickey, Pan or Jack Sparrow would be great! Congratulations!

I would suggest eliminating a couple of the steps and it would be easier and doable ...

Is there someone in your outer circle that you trust with the gender envelope? (say someone from work, not necessarily a close family member that you would want to surprise with the news)

Have them open that and put the proper banner in a larger envelope - you can supply the envelope and the banners.

Or you could do this in Disney itself - have a cast member or guest do it for you.

Then you would just take the correct banner in an envelope to the character handler and it would take just a few seconds.

Make sure that you have memory maker and a photographer is there - the photos will be priceless.

I think you have a great idea and would be an awesome way to reveal the gender of your baby. If your not wanting to pay out the money and just wanting to do it at a meet and greet your going to have to have everything ready to go, because your only going to have a few minutes. Hopefully everything will work out for you.

Great ideas here everyoone. I have been in contact with guest relations I like all the ideas but the removal of the step is the best.get someone 3rd party put i in a bag and we'll do it that way thanks everyone! Just gotta be sure I don't look at the receipt in case it says something

You'll have to think of something else besides using a character, that won't happen unless you are willing to pay for the character's time.

Who are you revealing to? Someone who is present or are you taking video to post somewhere?

When we went in January 2015, I was told the characters could not hold anything. We wanted Buzz Lightyear to hold a sign that said Hi with my daughter's bf name and it couldn't be done. We were able to take a picture with Buzz and D with D holding the sign--still ended up being a cute pic. maybe the characters cannot hold anything with writing cause you never know what someone could write.

that may be so, why can't you stand with the character and hold up whatever you want to hold up? Then get a picture. You may have to let the character handler know what it is you are planning to hold up so they can see it's not anything inappropriate.

Same here. Technically, what the OP is doing is a "*** reveal", since there is no way to know baby's gender until baby is out of the womb and able to adequately express himself/herself.

Actually, "gender reveals" are HUGE right now. They are very common. I wasn't confused at all about the thread title because I know a ton of people who have been doing this.

Great ideas here everyoone. I have been in contact with guest relations I like all the ideas but the removal of the step is the best.get someone 3rd party put i in a bag and we'll do it that way thanks everyone! Just gotta be sure I don't look at the receipt in case it says something

Aladdin and Jasmine meet together, I think this would be a lot easier with face characters than fur. You could could have a princess/street rat reveal :D It would be adorbs.

Eliminating one step as op mentioned wouldn't be too bad, I'm worried that trying to explain what you want to a handler will be very frustrating and confusing, especially if you get a younger cm who doesn't know what you are talking about. I LOVE the cake idea that the OP mentioned, that would be super cute and the contemporary makes some excellent cakes. You could probably even manage to have mickey or Minnie at your table when you cut the cake if you are willing to wait a few minutes and work it out with your server (I would then include a little extra tip for the server!)

I think this is an wonderful and exciting way to find out what gender the baby is. I really hope this works out for you. Just something else to add into the mix. If the cast member opens the envelope while you and your DH have your backs to them with your eyes close how about if it is a Boy Mickey would present the ears to you and your husband and if it is a girl Minnie presents the ears to you and your husband. Just a little added touch. I think it will be awesome no matter how it is reveal because it is such exciting news.

I would (if having another), have a tiny scroll written, with calligraphy and on nice paper (official announcement type thing), by someone I trust, and have it read "You are having a princess" or "You are having a prince". I would then book CRT, quickly inform the handler, pass the scroll and have her read it to us and captured on film. All would take the same amount of time as an autograph. Obviously, I would love her to sign "Love Cinderella" and frame it for the nursery. Plus, I would have the photos to keep as well. Then after my meal, I would go buy the appropriate ears, instead of both, and a special stuffie :)

I should also add, my gender reveal picture would include the new ears inscribed with "coming November 2015...." etc

Last edited:
So I feel so stupid!!! All this time, when I see pics of gender reveals, I thought the parents KNEW ALL ALONG what the sex was, and they were revealing it to their friends/family. I had NO IDEA that the parents were finding out also at that time!!!!! :love::love::love:

Old dog.....new tricks

Can you just open up the envelope with a photo pass photographer taking pics and have the correct banner be in the envelope? No characters, but still a special moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter