"Hop" to playground at WL

scootert

DIS Veteran
Is it okay to "hop" over to the playground at WL? We'll be staying at BLT which doesn't have a playground. Thought it might be a fun thing for our grandchildren (4 and 2)... but.... if it's just for WL guests, we will respect that. Thanks

I do not know that there is an official policy on this, but I would doubt very much that you would have an issue using the playground at WL. When we went to Fort Wilderness for HDR we arrived very early and my kids (and many other kids coming for the show) were all over the playground there.

I would recommend skipping the WL playground and going to the one at FW instead. The playground at WL isn't very impressive IMHO and you are dealing with sand as well. The sand will definitely follow you back to BLT! The playground at FW is bigger and has swings. The kids can also look around the petting zoo, take a pony ride (fee for this), and see the barn and horses used at the Magic Kingdom. You could even take the kids for a carriage ride around FW if you timed it right. Before you head back on the boat you can easily hit the store and pick up a mickey bar or some other treat for the kids. Enjoy!

Thanks so much -- FW sounds like it would be a great adventure for us with lots of options. Great idea!!

My grandkids love to go to Ft. Wilderness and all their activities there. They offer carriage rides through the area and campgrounds too..

I agree, the playground at WL is awful!

I think FW has a lot to offer and can be overlooked.

In addition to the playground area at the Settlement area, your grandkids may also enjoy the Meadow Trading Post area where the theme pool is. If following appropriate pool hopping policies, you can let them swim there. They have a super fun play and splash area especially for the little ones which is one of the best at WDW IMHO. They also have a fun slide at the main pool as well.

You can also rent kayaks, canoes, bikes, and fishing equipment and purchase bait.

You can catch the nightly campfire and movie in the bleachers with chip and dale.

My kids also enjoyed just watching all of the dogs run around at the dog park area. Who knew?

Guess I'm a fan of FW:cool1:. I think it is a perfect complement to sleek and trendy and awesome BLT. Best of both worlds:thumbsup2.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter